The New and Still Luved by ALL MD Prep program

FBOC

Re: The New and Still Luved by ALL MD Prep program

Post by FBOC »

Well I think that's the difference and why MD is getting most of negative feedback. Everyone is getting transfers but not the # of 4 and 5 star senior transfers. I don't know the details about Narbonne and SR transfers but they will probably get a pass in the short term till they get to MD/Bosco level of success.
Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 »

True about the 4-5 star guys, but Bosco stayed under the radar so to speak this year, with Spencer Lyle and Beau Collins being the two high profile guys that came in this year. Collins was a relatively unknown, until his recruitment took off when he got to Bosco, picked up major offers. But the core of their transfers came the past two years..

To clarify for those who go by stars ratings...
Spencer Lytle (Servite) 4 Star

Transfers with offers
Titus Toler (Mater Dei, Servite) - Colorado commit 3 Star
Colby Bowman (JSerra) - Stanford commit 4 Star
Trent McDuffie (Mater Dei, Servite) - 4 Star
Sivea Vito-Logoleo (Mater Dei) -
Ralen Golforth (Warren) - 3 star, but he came in as 4 Star
Cole Aubrey (JSerra) - 3 star
Jake Bailey (JSerra) - 3 star
Beau Collins (Notre Dame Sherman Oaks) - will be a 4 star when new ratings for 2021 kids come out
TheFan

Post by TheFan »

I would be surprised if all 19 are cleared at NB, but really don't care about LA City ball...it went down hill a long time ago for different reasons that too could have been prevented, but no one gave a crap because it was just a bunch of minority kids and their parents don't complain, no accountability, its BS but a whole other thread. I just don't like seeing this unhealthy behavior in OC High School FB.

The fact remains MD has the second most D1 prospect outside IMG in the nation, and this team would not be number one in the nation if 9 of those guys were not junior and senior transfers.

Why any CIF public school would play a team with 20 D1 athletes is beyond me. La Mirada should be D8 now, a shell of the past...
Daforno

Post by Daforno »

La Mirada is playing MD for ONE reason only, a big payday since Moschetti left the Head coaching position they are average at best!
SK80

Post by SK80 »

They shouldn't even sanction a game like MD vs LM. It's either an agreed exhibition or a danger to many student athletes not wearing Monarch uniforms. Maybe if this progresses, gets big enough and money is start rolling in from TV and content coverage there can be a Interstae National High School League. Yes MD is doing what it has to do to be the best and beat the selected few national ranked schools, outside of those schools their games have little meaning at this jacked up point in prep sport. Heck, their students can commute from anywhere why not play their games anywhere.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
2002tony

Post by 2002tony »

there are other high schools around the nation that have a lot of D1 talent on them. Just not as well known D1 talent but D1 just the same. There is the team from Ga. - Grayson is siad to have over 20 D1 players on their team as reported by Maxpreps.

by the end of the season their will be a team or two from Fl. Tx. and NJ that may have had 15 to 20 plus players with D1 offers...just not as well known or publicized players with a D1 offer but still an offer just the same.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

I had some time on my hands so just for kicks I went to the Calpreps 2018 national previews where they list all the D-1 prospects from each team and the number of "stars"

Teams ranked by total number of 4-5 star players:

1. MD 13
2. IMG 12
3. SJB 12
4. Aquinas FL 10
5. Gardena Serra, Marietta GA 9
7. St John's MD 8
8. Bishop Dunne TX 7
9. Chandler AZ, Grayson GA, St Francis MD, St Louis HI 6

Ranked by total number of players with 3 or more stars:

1. IMG 24
2. SJB 22
3. Aquinas 20
4. MD 19
5. Grayson, St. John's 13
7. Serra 11
8. Bishop Dunne, St. Francis 10
9. Marietta 9
10. Chandler, St. Louis 8
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

I also had some time on my hands last night, so I added up how many kids with offers each of those four top schools had, and how many offers they had:

St. Thomas Aquinas - 37 players with 363 offers
St. John Bosco - 24 players with 337 offers
IMG Academy - 29 players with 326 offers
Mater Dei - 26 players with 253 offers

So it looks like maybe the team to beat is the one nobody here complains about.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

Well we are an OC Forum MDDad so we like to keep our fighting in our own living room :slapfight:
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
TheFan

Post by TheFan »

I think every Sunset League program should show the potential incoming 8th graders and put out flyers to youth football programs stating these facts above. This info getting out only helps the Sunset league teams, Villa Park, and YL players parents decide they can send their kid to MD and sit the bench or come to the Sunset and play in a good public league. Once parents understand the true deal flow, they can make an informed decision.
Look at CDM for example.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

I am quite sure that is already going on to some extent. The problem is most parents really believe their little Johny
is the greatest thing since sliced bread and at first look they want him to run with the team that has the best chance
of exposure or national prominence. However some parents don't care what the hell little Johny is doing and let him make his own decision, which is worse.
TheFan

Post by TheFan »

Watcher, I could not agree more with you on parents. I coached youth tackle football for a while, occasionally there were realistic parents. If the father played in college then the parents had a clue, if not I cant tell you how many times mom's told me what their 13 year old was going to do. One tough kid I had never grew another inch after turning 14.
Bottom line I think he had fun on the team and that is all that matters.
TheFan

Post by TheFan »

Glad to see OC Varsity reads this board, Albano tweeted out today Alefosio left the MD program . Sweetness scooped Dan on that one.
They also followed up on Newport Harbor loosing their qb...which happen months ago..

amusing to say the least
Domingo

Post by Domingo »

All I can say is 'WOW'
Attachments
IMG_7235.jpg
Buck

Post by Buck »

Nothing to see here...... just a bunch a kids from St. Simon and Jude, Bonaventure, Norbert’s and Hedwig’s right? Paying 15k in tuition
Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam »

When did Mater Dei join the SEC?
Eddyr2

Post by Eddyr2 »

Domingo wrote:All I can say is 'WOW'
Yeah, I would have went with the red tops with red bottoms
Eddyr2

Post by Eddyr2 »

Credo ut intelligam wrote:When did Mater Dei join the SEC?
When did Servite find the money to get the OC Bucks and a new QB to enroll?
Viking93

Post by Viking93 »

Cool pic, why isn't Pat Dubar in the picture though? :eh?: :eh?:
Daforno

Post by Daforno »

Sounds like Buck just mike be a "little" issue with color, do you know where these kids went to school?
Are you suggesting they couldn't of gone to those schools?
WHY wouldn't they have gone to those schools BUCK?
Are you nervous seeing a group of young black men, do they frighten you BUCK?