Congratulations JT

Omar Bongo

Congratulations JT

Post by Omar Bongo »

Selected Gatorade Male High School Athlete of the Year, the first underclassman so honored

He enrolled at USC last month and there's a good chance he'll be the starting QB Sept. 1 against UNLV...
SK80

Re: Congratulations JT

Post by SK80 »

=D>

If he starts the story gets even more impressive for this young man. I think you are correct OB camp reports showing the other QB's not impressing coaches much... The door is open.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
Bick

Post by Bick »

That really is big time. Looking forward to drafting him on my fantasy team in a few years.
RPW

Post by RPW »

He’s not an underclassman
I am The Voice of Reason
Buck

Post by Buck »

He’s been driving himself to school since his freshman year
Bick

Post by Bick »

Regardless of any disdain for the 3 stripes, it looks really weak to be critical of the kid for this recognition.
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

First Junior to achieve this honor. #HateOn
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions
Buck

Post by Buck »

That's right first Redshirt Junior :lol: :lol: :lol:
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Fat, drunk & bitter is no way to go through life, son :lol:

Promise us you'll try to come up with some new material by the time JT's tearing it up on Sundays :rockon:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
RPW

Post by RPW »

When was the award decided and when did he reclassify himself as a senior?
I am The Voice of Reason
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

If you want to split hairs it should be easy to find out with a little research...FYI the headline in SI was "JT Daniels Becomes First to Win Gatorade Male Athlete of the Year Award After Junior Season"
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
RPW

Post by RPW »

The cover says #1 QB recruit in class of 2018.

Underclassman would be 2019 right?

Great accomplishment nonetheless.
I am The Voice of Reason
BBB

Post by BBB »

Funny watching Omar try to pound a round red peg in a black hole. Something tells me that’s not the first time he’s tried it (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

JT was a double holdback who reclassified to the 2018 class before the award was given to him. But it’s a great honor regardless and pretty impressive that he’s the second MD QB to do so (Barkley won it too).
SK80

Post by SK80 »

Why JT Daniels is the True Freshman Everyone Will be Excited to Watch

"High school phenom quarterback JT Daniels is an incoming freshman who could very possibly win this school a National Championship".
usa_today_10975335.0.jpg
"I attended the Mater Dei-St. Mary’s game at Levi’s Stadium back last September as a part of the media for the game. I watched Daniels closely from the sidelines as he made Russell Wilson-like plays of throwing beautiful deep balls, scrambling around the pocket, and consistently making big plays. There’s only one thought that crosses my mind during the game — “This kid is pro-ready.”

Laugh all you want. How can a high schooler be professional, like NFL-level, ready? But I was — and am — serious about this sentiment. Daniels’ accuracy, strength, wits, and exceptional all-around ability as a passer had me convinced that he was pro-ready. I had never seen any high school quarterback like Daniels. And the best part? Daniels’ tangibles aren’t even the best thing about him." ~ Aaron Tan Conquest Chronicles

READ More: https://www.conquestchronicles.com/2018 ... c-football

So will the young JT have an impressive first year showing like Sam Darnold? The nation will be watching and Trojan Fans cheering...
Last edited by SK80 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend »

JT Daniels is not a double hold back. I'm not sure why it's so difficult for people on this form to educate themselves before they make absurd declarations. He repeated the 8th grade once. So by re-classing he technically graduated on time. Had he choose to stay at Mater Dei one more year he would have been eligible to play. It's really that simple.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

SK80 wrote: High school phenom quarterback JT Daniels is an incoming freshman who could very possibly win this school a National Championship.
Oh, it's a lock. Right after he runs a sub-9 sec. 100 meter dash, patents cold fusion and negotiates a Middle East peace settlement
BBB

Post by BBB »

OCurbanlegend wrote:JT Daniels is not a double hold back. I'm not sure why it's so difficult for people on this form to educate themselves before they make absurd declarations. He repeated the 8th grade once. So by re-classing he technically graduated on time. Had he choose to stay at Mater Dei one more year he would have been eligible to play. It's really that simple.
Repeating 8th grade twice is not the actual meaning when people call someone a double holdback. It goes by age.

Yes, JT was a double holdback. Nevertheless, he would have been eligible to play this season at MD. And so what? Most elite QBs are double holdbacks in HS these days.

I believe CIF rules state you can’t turn 19 by June 15th the summer before your senior year. You can, however, play as a 19 year old as long as your birthday falls after that date.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

BBB wrote:Repeating 8th grade twice is not the actual meaning when people call someone a double holdback. It goes by age.
No it doesn't. The actual meaning is that an athlete repeated (or sat out) two grades, regardless of whether they were the 8th grade or not.

J.T. turned 18 on Feb. 2, and he repeated only one grade - the 8th. He is not a double holdback.
WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 »

I hope this does not come across as nosy but what town does he reside in? just asking because obviously, the majority of MD students are not Santa Ana residents and there have been many students that have commuted long distance from LA county or Riverside county. One thing for sure, if he makes it to the NFL, I wonder if he will become an NFL consistent starter, which Matt Barkley hasn't yet.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

the majority of MD students are not Santa Ana residents

Where did you get that informaton? All the school website says is "Students come from every city in Orange County and some commute from as far as Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties."
George Will

Donald Trump