Bosco vs Mater Dei

Professor Fate

Re: Bosco vs Mater Dei

Post by Professor Fate » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:28 pm

watchersince68 wrote: That quote just warmed the shackles of my heart.
Your heart is in shackles? What did it do to deserve that? Does it have to pick up trash along the highway?
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Not all of Bosco’s key returnees for 2019 have offers, and not all the returning players with offers were key contributors. Not saying that was said here, just that they do have a lot of talented kids coming back who have yet to register an announced offer, but have significant experience - including some starters.

Other Bosco players such as starting slot WR Tyus Poyer, TE Adam Awaida, starting OT Logan Bednar, starting OG Ed Riley, OL Che Womack, DE Matthew Jordan, CB Josh Alford and starting SS Jon Jon Vaughns show no offers so far, but have experience and will likely be relied upon ... if some of them are not usurped by transfers.

Of the offered kids they have returning, Collins (sit out transfer) and Smith barely played in 2018. Pepe, Jones and Savage are very talented but are career backups who haven’t had to be primarily relied upon. So it will be interesting to see how they perform when they are the leaders and not just the rotational guys.

Bosco 2018 was considered an elite team not just because of returners, but returning STARTERS (both theirs and that of rival schools). 2019 Bosco will have a lot of backup kids stepping up in role, plus the usual transfer influx.
Last edited by FatherSonHolyHldbcks on Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:56 pm

Red wrote:Bosco got away with not one , but two PI's that almost turned the game around. EJ's Defense won the game. Bryce has proven to be a winner. I must say, the game would have been that close if it wasn't for Servite to Bosco transfers. =D> Actually MD to Servite to Bosco transfers. Actually actually one of them played at 4 high schools and no ring.
the servite 3 left because we had no coach at the time.
what would the score have been without the starting qb you took from cathderal, or the wr from roosevelt or the two all american going to oregon from rancho cucamonga or the defensive lineman from norcal.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:27 pm

credofriar wrote: or the wr from roosevelt
To be fair, I think MD still wins CIF whether Braedin Huffman Dixon was in uniform or still out in Eastvale. But you forgot to mention LB Kobah Fuamatu (La Habra) and OT Sefita Tupe (Serra), who DID make a difference.

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Tyus Poyer was kicked out of Bosco. Of course no one is talking about it but it must be pretty bad considering what it takes to get kicked out of that school.

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:53 pm

I think MD is hoping DJ can reclass and stay at Bosco an extra year. He is now 1-4 vs Mater Dei and even if he were to win both games next year would finish with a losing record vs. MD. Has that ever happened to a Bosco QB in the Negro era? DJ is only rated the number 1 QB because of his size and his arm strength which are no longer the biggest elements to playing QB at a high level. He has not won 1 big game besides a regular season game this year against MD, he is terrible under pressure. Bosco clearly had better athletes than MD this year especially at WR. DJ finished 7-20 with 1 TD 2 INT's and 105 yards passing. Young was playing with a makeshift O line and was under pressure all night but kept delivering accurate throws to his dudes. DJ can't read the field. He's Jamarcus Russell and will be exposed at the next level if he chooses to play football.

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:29 pm

credofriar wrote:the servite 3 left because we had no coach at the time.
Actually, I think they made the decision to transfer first, which then led to the departure of the coach.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:36 pm

OCurbanlegend wrote: He is now 1-4 vs Mater Dei and even if he were to win both games next year would finish with a losing record vs. MD.
Damn you’re really going to count the freshman game LMAO
OCurbanlegend wrote: DJ can't read the field.
Bosco just opened a glitzy stadium. Yard lines are brand new.
OCurbanlegend wrote: He's Jamarcus Russell and will be exposed at the next level if he chooses to play football.
C’mon that’s drastic.
78B07EF0-AB23-453F-84FA-29D2B8D3FF71.jpeg

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:46 am

To say a quarterback is a ‘Jamarcus Russell’ is about as low as you can possibly go. Just recently somebody in the Raiders organization said they actually gave him game tapes that were blank to see if he even studied film. No he didn’t. lol

Friar4life

Post by Friar4life » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:00 am

Just think, Had Logoleo, Toler and McDuffie stayed at Mater Dei instead of transferring to Bosco, they too would have a CIF ring. There is something to be said for unselfish loyalty.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:21 am

Friar4life » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:00 am

Just think, Had Logoleo, Toler and McDuffie stayed at Mater Dei instead of transferring to Bosco, they too would have a CIF ring. There is something to be said for unselfish loyalty.
But, they do have a cool collection of Trinity league jerseys. :lol: :roll:

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:00 am

[quote="FatherSonHolyHldbcks"]Mater Dei held THIS Bosco team, one of the most loaded teams in California history, to THIRTEEN POINTS. In the title game. Unreal.
Someome should check on Sondheimer. He may have passed out in the press box

FYI, the MD "D" actually only allowed SEVEN points, the other six points
go against special teams...

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:14 am

Ponder this.... in consecutive weeks the MD defense held Bosco to 7 points (not counting blocked field goal) and just as, if not more, impressive was holding Centennial to 14 points. I’m thinking both of those were about 40 points below their season averages. :notworthy:

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:37 am

Yes, and with a make shift secondary - the linebacker and secondary core that started
against Bosco with the exception of one senior are all underclassmen!

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:45 am

Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:24 pm

I predicted Bosco by 2 scores, based on the first game, I hate excuses about the IMG hangover that MD claimed in their first loss to Bosco.

I must of been wrong, as MD played with fire Friday night coupled with the fact that the Bosco QB is a better pitcher than a QB.

He is BIG, but NOT mobile, can throw it 60 yards and through a locked door, but when HE needed to make plays he didn't!!!

He needs to let the QB idea go and work on a change up and curve to go with his ( reported 90 plus fastball ) he will NOT be playing at the next level, so why waste the time, more $$$ if you are a first round pick in baseball! and a lot safer.

No harm in being at 1 sport athlete, what did it for me is when he threw that pick, he look like Mr. Bojangles ( happy feet and double clutch ) this was he 12th game???

He looks like in a perfect situation, ( no rush and time to look pick out your receivers, he is superman ) BUT he was just average Friday at best and average doesn't win the C.I.F.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:35 pm

You would think with social media these days that HS players would know better then to talk sh*t about
a formidable opponent they are about to play but apparently they can't help themselves,don't they
know it only mentally gives more resolve to the underdog going in, I guess Bosco found that out
on Friday night!!

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:41 pm

Daforno wrote:I predicted Bosco by 2 scores, based on the first game, I hate excuses about the IMG hangover that MD claimed in their first loss to Bosco.

I must of been wrong, as MD played with fire Friday night coupled with the fact that the Bosco QB is a better pitcher than a QB.

He is BIG, but NOT mobile, can throw it 60 yards and through a locked door, but when HE needed to make plays he didn't!!!

He needs to let the QB idea go and work on a change up and curve to go with his ( reported 90 plus fastball ) he will NOT be playing at the next level, so why waste the time, more $$$ if you are a first round pick in baseball! and a lot safer.

No harm in being at 1 sport athlete, what did it for me is when he threw that pick, he look like Mr. Bojangles ( happy feet and double clutch ) this was he 12th game???

He looks like in a perfect situation, ( no rush and time to look pick out your receivers, he is superman ) BUT he was just average Friday at best and average doesn't win the C.I.F.

He is ranked the national number#1 QB in his academic class. It seems if you put pressure on
him though, his thought process seems to go a little astray in his actions, apparently he does
well enough in experts minds to rank him what he is!
and - from what I have heard, he would probably go in the first round and definitely in the second if he played baseball his jr/sr years, good options for him.

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:20 pm

saw the same negatives about DJ when he played JSerra-MD with superior athletes exposed them even more.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:35 pm

MD stopped the Bosco run game. MD's tight man to man coverage while putting constant pressure on DJ was the key to this game. Someone else more knowledgeable about defensive schemes can correct me if I'm wrong, but, it seemed like the 1st drive MD was playing zone and the TD catch was a blitz where the LB that would have covered the TE was crashing leaving the TE wide open