Bosco vs Mater Dei

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Re: Bosco vs Mater Dei

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:18 pm

cruiser wrote: FYI, the MD "D" actually only allowed SEVEN points, the other six points
go against special teams...
If we’re being THAT technical, the Monarch D actually only allowed SIX points ...

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:32 pm

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote: the blocked field goal returned for a TD, i thought that was a sign Bosco was going to make a clutch comeback-win, but the missed extra point kick i feel was gonna come back to haunt them
Missed PAT was probably karma in response to Chris Steele’s blatant clip in the back of an MD player at the start of McDuffie’s return.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:46 pm

Wow you guys are rather harsh on DJ. He has a bright future but he has shown a chip in his armor when he gets rattled.

“Y’all are being too hard on DJ ...”

[Restates pretty much the exact same criticism]

jb914

Post by jb914 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:54 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:Missed PAT was probably karma in response to Chris Steele’s blatant clip in the back of an MD player at the start of McDuffie’s return.
or the multiple PI calls that were not called on Steele. Even JJ commented on the broadcast that Steele had McCoy's arm on a TD pass. But, the refs were letting them play for the most part.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:57 pm

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote: overall, this has to be without a doubt, the most stinging loss for Bosco in the Negro-era, a national championship season ruined for them, because it was without a doubt, their best shot to finish the season number 1 in every computer poll, for some reason, I don't see Bosco having another chance like that for a while.
ALL true. And not just computer polls; with 2 more wins Braves would have topped EVERY SINGLE NATIONAL POLL. Was probably their most individually talented team ever.

This one was defintely a CRUSHER. You could see it in Negro’s face postgame. Never seen him look more dejected. Choked out a laugh for Rollo at the postgame handshake, but when he had to take that runner up trophy it was like someone handed him soiled toilet paper. Even asked Fox to forego his postgame interview.

That had to be a LONGGGG holiday weekend for him back at the house in OC.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote: I'm guessing that Chris Steele's opinion of Mater Dei won't be included in St. John Bosco's next High School Night recruiting video montage. Exactly what part of Da Mihi Animas Caetera Tolle did that rant exemplify?

Look, I get it--many teenage boys are going to let an f-bomb fly out here and there. I did at 17. But to film it in his Bosco gear and on the Bosco campus and then broadcast it for the world to see and hear? What an embarrassment.
That was streamed live, postgame, in October, from the visitors locker room at the Bowl. Pretty sure Bru McCoy heard him through the wall.
jb914 wrote: or the multiple PI calls that were not called on Steele. Even JJ commented on the broadcast that Steele had McCoy's arm on a TD pass.
“I’m the best f—— DB in the nation!! F— a Mater Dei!!”

- Chris Steele, Facebook Live, Oct 13 2018
Last edited by FatherSonHolyHldbcks on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:24 pm

BoscoBandWagon wrote: Negro is now 8-5 vs rollo/Johnson and money.
The Negros and Chris King are now 2-4 in their last 6 games against Rollo/EJ/Money, with 2 straight losses in the ‘ship.

Jason can look at it like this: when Bosco makes the next two CIF finals, he’ll have matched LeBron’s streak of 8 straight finals, and will probably have about the same 3-5 record. #StriveForGreatness #TrustTheProcess
BoscoBandWagon wrote: “Taken to school” when they loose by a field goal
Yes, taken to school, when you’re averaging over 50 PPG and beating opponents by 40 PPG, and then you score 1 offensive TD, none in the last 40+ minutes, get severely out-schemed and outcoached in the BIG championship, score 13 total points, and choke away one of the biggest games in school history to your biggest rival in a revenge game with the nation watching. #Facts
BoscoBandWagon wrote: Maybe I’m optimistic but bosco stole the game from md during league
You think they’ll have a ceremony in Panish Family Stadium when those “2018 Trinity Champs” rings come in?
BoscoBandWagon wrote: Looked like coach Eric Johnson used the same game plan as last year in the finals.
EJ’s “gameplan” in the 2017 title game was “go embarrass them, this is a gigantic mismatch.” 2018 was a bit different.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:44 pm

in 2017 I was glad MD didn't have to deal with Re-Al and got DJ at QB. Re-Al had speed and we had difficulty against him in the two previous games, especially the 2016 Championship game. in 2016 Bosco had a very tough schedule and MD played a much lighter cupcake laden schedule. That hurt MD in the championship. This season was role reversal 2016 vs 2018. MD played the gauntlet schedule and Bosco played mostly cupcakes.
:2cents:

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:58 pm

for now, Bosco fans will have to settle with the 2013 Bosco team to be the best Bosco team ever so far. I would like to see Bosco bounceback similar the same way MD did after the 2016 season and completely dominated 2017 but many people say that 2018 was Bosco's best chance but they blew it, I don't see Bosco having another shot again at a National title again for a while but I hope i'm proven wrong.

Just for once in my life-time, i'd like to see a high school from the Southern California region, win a national championship besides MD, because when MD won it last year 2017(and they might win it again this year), it was the first time a team from the Southern California region won it all since the 1996 MD team. Because the 2013 Bosco team didn't finish number 1 in every poll.

So they say the 2017 MD team is the best in CIF history, so that would mean state history as well. I wonder which Texas HS FB team is considered to be the best in their state history, i'd love to see that Texas team vs the 2017 MD team, that would be a grudge match, all-out war, it would be an evenly matched fight such as between a Lion and a Tiger. Incredible Hulk vs. Juggernaut.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:11 pm

hit the lights wrote: It would be nice to see a true national championship game. Like Allen (Texas) vs MD. oR WHOEVER WINS THE STATE TITLE, vs ALLEN.
Easy ... Allen still has to win 4 more games (16 total) to even be in the final conversation, and wasn’t dominant in their last game. They are facing the best of the best in Texas 6A Division 1. Driving up to 5 hours to play some of their playoff games. Certainly not a given.
hit the lights wrote: Next year, preseason it would also be nice to see MD or Bosco play a team like ST. LOUIS from (Hawaii)
That would be a great matchup. Both likely start in the National top 10 preseason 2019. St Louis just won its third straight Hawaii D1 title, has won 27 straight games, and is going to finish top 7 at worst in the Maxpreps rankings. Also have a lot coming back, including QB Jayden DeLaura and major LB recruit Jordan Botelho.

I don’t know if Rollo is interested in finding a booster to subsidize flying 120 people within the program to Honolulu like Negro did, but if he finally signed on for the Gorman game out of state, maybe he’ll go for a little Aloha spirit. They could get ESPN to televise and foot the bill.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:17 pm

BoscoBandWagon wrote: Bosco beat st Louis with tua (alabama) as their qb.
This year the Hawaii state finals was st Louis vs mililani the team bosco played. Hardly a lower level Hawaii team.
Tua was a sophomore playing his 3rd varsity game ever in that Bosco game. He didn’t even start. He played less than half the snaps, rotating with a senior. That was also easily the worst St Louis team in the last 5 years: finished with 4 losses, didn’t even make the state tournament that year! That was a mediocre win for a loaded Bosco team (with Josh Rosen), at best.

Mililani this year wasn’t even the 2nd best team in Hawaii; they not only lost the state final to St Louis by 3 TDs, they also lost to Punahou High by 3 scores. And they didn’t beat a soul outside of Oahu; of their 10 wins, 6 were round robin island matchups where they beat the same team TWICE.
jb914 wrote: This season was role reversal 2016 vs 2018. MD played the gauntlet schedule and Bosco played mostly cupcakes.
Indeed. Mililani was a great team when stars like McKenzie Milton, Vae Malapeai and Palaie Gaoteote were there 4 years ago. But in 2018 that was a cupcake win for maybe the most loaded Bosco team ever. Total Mismatch.
Last edited by FatherSonHolyHldbcks on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:21 pm

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:I wonder which Texas HS FB team is considered to be the best in their state history,
Best team in Texas history was 1978 Stratford Spartans
in a 15-0 season, the Spartans scored 532 points, second-best at the time in the history of Texas’ largest high school classification (now known as Class 5A), and held nine opponents to a touchdown or less. They ran the wishbone to perfection, totaling more than 7,000 yards, and their best runner set a 4A single-season rushing record.

Stratford beat 1976 state champion San Antonio Churchill 24-7 in the semifinals, 1977 champion Plano 29-13 in the title game and 1975 winner Port Neches-Groves in the regular season. It also beat Memorial, which advanced to the 1979 state final and lost to Temple, in the 1978 regular season.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:26 pm

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote: Bosco having another shot again at a National title again for a while but I hope i'm proven wrong.
Don’t worry, Bosco will be loaded again on offense and surely will ... ummm ... somehow find a way to fill the loss of 9 starters on D. I’m sure they’re working on that as I type.

They will be California preseason #1, the state title favorite again, and preseason top 5 in the country ... as long as DJ comes back for his redshirt senior year.
Last edited by FatherSonHolyHldbcks on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:29 pm

In 1991 we made it out to Hawaii and played Iolani
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:32 pm

I'd like to see that team face off against the 2017 MD, of course many people will say that was a different era, I wonder which Texas HS FB team is the best of the 21'st century so far or this decade, that would be an interesting, awesome matchup with the 2017 MD team.

Ya, if not Bosco, at least another high school in California, especially Southern California, win another National title or just a National title besides MD.

the 2017 MD team, was that team mainly loaded on offense or defense, the players MD lost to graduation from the 2017 MD team, was it mostly on offense or defense?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:56 pm

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:So they say the 2017 MD team is the best in CIF history, so that would mean state history as well.
Nope...see 2001 DLS...or 2003 DLS...or 2000 DLS...or 2002 DLS...or
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:59 pm

I think most people would conservatively agree that MD 2017 had a loaded offense. Jason Negro and Chad Johnson have said that was the best high school offense they’ve ever seen (outside of Bosco).

Mater Dei lost all but Shakobe Harper, Myles Murao and (11 personnel starter) Mike Martinez off that offense. They also lost the entire DL of 3 D1 FBS signees, LBs Jack Genova and Solo Tuliaupupu, and CB Stephon Robins.

The fact they won back to back against a Goliath Bosco team, after losing that much talent off likely the best team California has ever seen - literally a dozen D1 caliber graduates - would be unbelievable to pretty much everyone ... if they hadn’t backfilled them with double digit transfers. And if they weren’t doing so to keep pace with the Bosco model. Hence most of the discussion on the board in the last 10-plus months.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:09 pm

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote: I wonder which Texas HS FB team is the best of the 21'st century so far or this decade, that would be an interesting, awesome matchup with the 2017 MD team.
According to an OBJECTIVE source, 2006 Southlake Carroll is Texas’ best team in the last 15 years (and #2 overall nationally) (per Maxpreps). Carroll’s 2004 team (led by Bears QB Chase Daniel) and 2005 team (led by former Alabama QB Greg McElroy) also made the top 10.

Mater Dei 2017 was ranked #1 of all teams in that period. SJB 2013 was ranked #6. DLS 2003, the last team of The Streak, is conspicuously missing from the list.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.maxpreps ... d4a16e3ac7

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:30 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:That was streamed live, postgame, in October, from the visitors locker room at the Bowl. Pretty sure Bru McCoy heard him through the wall.

“I’m the best f—— DB in the nation!! F— a Mater Dei!!”

- Chris Steele, Facebook Live, Oct 13 2018
Wow, if that's true, that's even worse than I originally thought. I sincerely hope the young man learns a little humility, since that October game may very well have been the high point of his athletic career. There are so many obstacles along the rest of the way, but when you're young you don't know what you don't know.

This total lack of respect for your opponent is an attitude that comes from the top--or is at the very least tolerated by the coaching staff and administration. It's hard to imagine Coach Negro was unaware of this social media posting. Any Servite kid who did that would find himself suspended from school, and rightly so. I'd be in favor of sitting such a kid for at least a game until he expressed some big-time contrition for the way he brought discredit to the school.

May this "troll video" be a relatively harmless lesson in the school of hard knocks. That kind of attitude will never allow his athletic ability to take him where it could.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:36 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote:I'd be in favor of sitting such a kid for at least a game
Well, as far as Bosco is concerned, he's sitting out the rest of his life.