Will a Public HS Ever Win a D1 Football Title Again?

Domingo

Re: Will a Public HS Ever Win a D1 Football Title Again?

Post by Domingo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:21 am

You will NEVER see a public school in D1 Final again much less win the Championship. Poly is done. CC is done. MV would be the only public school program with a legitimate shot at the big prize. Mater Dei and Bosco are the new LB Poly, CC and Eisenhower of years past. Mater Dei does NOT start a SINGLE white player on its offense this year. Not one! Never in the school's history has that been the case. All black and Poly kids. They are the new LB Poly, only with much superior coaching and funding.

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:06 am

Until there is a limit on the number of scholarships for football players at certain private schools you will never see another public school team as the D1 Champ. You can't blame IE parents for sending their football playing kids to MD or Bosco when they attend for free or as low as 100 hundred dollars a month.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:53 pm

hit the lights wrote:What contributed to the downfall of Los Al?? John Barnes left. Maybe his son Brian can get hired back and turn it around. Fenton and his run game, just isnt built for that level. Im actually shocked that the Malichai QB kid is still there??
To answer the original question, will a public school ever win a D-1 TITLE????
That would be a Corona Centennial or Mission Viejo. Those have the best chances.
Everyone else can win the little sister of the poor titles, and there is nothing wrong with that. As long as you are getting kids out, and moving them on to a higher education , to better themselves in life. Some programs talk about character and hard work, but when actions speak louder than words, divorced multiple time, pot head, putting payments in front of actual athletes and hard work, the private schools look much better.
Kids go to a school for opportunity and competition, a good enviornment. Getting to the next level and get your education payed for, not empty promises, by people who front. You know, there is no future in that.
:bonk:
I believe it started before Barnes left, in Barnes last decade as HC, the Griffins only won a single playoff game, I believe it had to do something with open enrollment coming to an end there, from 2005 to 2015, Barnes last decade as HC, they only won a single playoff game, before that, they were D-1 title contenders for a number of years, throughout the 90's and early 2000's, in 2005, it all fell apart for Los Al, they haven't been the same since.

Also as to what was previously said about Barnes, he must have changed his mindset during his last decade as HC:

"he drove average to below average kids out of football because he didn't want them in other sports. The problem with this when you are not getting all the talented kids you once were', is that you run off younger kids who might grow into a pretty good player/athlete in a year or two and you need."

Anyway, I wonder where Malachi is considering transferring to.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:56 am

I think back then, Los Al was ahead of there times, getting the Long Beach kids, Randy Estes etc...
Now everyone has caught up. Not that they didnt have good local talented kids, and guys like estes you live and die with, with all the off campus problems.
Its tougher at a public school, because there is less monitoring and kids run the show, instead of the coaches. At MD, you know who the boss is, ROLLO! I mean look at street, now at Jserra. He left because he didnt get his way, along with many other. They are having fun , playing and winning, and thats what its about, and MD IS A MACHINE turning out CIF championships. But, back to the public schools. They need to be in there own league and CIF DIVISION. NO DOUBT!

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:57 am

It also doesnt help, that Los Al buys into the hype machine of Freshman QB, and allow a cancer situation to come before the team. How D-1 teams offer kids are crazy. You are 3-5, getting blown out by everyone, including St. Paul. Didnt even know they still had a football team? LSU, OREGON???
Unreal! I mean, the kid at San Clemente is from St, Anthony's right around the corner from Los Al, and he is way better. Probably no offers either? DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:04 am

In this modern day, and while free choice still exists, will Charter schools pop up and provide a academic and sports academy that will take over even the privates??/ CIF??

fortheloveofthemoney

Post by fortheloveofthemoney » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:18 am

hit the lights wrote:It also doesnt help, that Los Al buys into the hype machine of Freshman QB, and allow a cancer situation to come before the team. How D-1 teams offer kids are crazy. You are 3-5, getting blown out by everyone, including St. Paul. Didnt even know they still had a football team? LSU, OREGON???
Unreal! I mean, the kid at San Clemente is from St, Anthony's right around the corner from Los Al, and he is way better. Probably no offers either? DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!
Whats the cancer situation? From what I’ve heard, the senior was benched after game 3 and throwing 7 picks. I would assume any team would try out the back up?

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:03 pm

hit the lights wrote:QR_BBPOST It also doesnt help, that Los Al buys into the hype machine of Freshman QB, and allow a cancer situation to come before the team. How D-1 teams offer kids are crazy. You are 3-5, getting blown out by everyone, including St. Paul. Didnt even know they still had a football team? LSU, OREGON???
damn, not a fan of Malachi I see?

Kids on fire with the offers. I like what I see from him but he has some ways to go. When Georgia is offering, you have to take a step back and just marvel. Good for the kid.

Sort of reminds me of when Costelli started to blow up.

I think Bosco will regret Malachi leaving them. A lot of hope is being put into Clarkson but I don't see it.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:11 am

I guess i see it, the colleges are looking at futures, and for a freshman, he is good and has a lot of upside.
But it is really hard for me to believe that Los Al, Los Al , doesnt have a upperclass QB??
That tells me Nelson is getting his QB training elsewhere if Los Al cant develop QB'S anymore.
I'm guessing Nelson will be gone after this stepping stone year.
Its great to see what Servite is doing with ... no name kids, battling and beating teams up!
Well balanced and defense! Thomas could get coach of the year award? welcome back to the OC!
Coaching and mindset is huge! The Friars believe!
San Clemente used to believe when they used to be one town one team. lol!
Tonight, MV will put a whipping on the Tritons, and might be breaking that trident in half tonight???
:shock:

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:53 am

hit the lights wrote:QR_BBPOST That tells me Nelson is getting his QB training elsewhere if Los Al cant develop QB'S anymore.
I'm guessing Nelson will be gone after this stepping stone year.
I believe he gets his training from the same place DJ gets it.

Absolutely wouldnt be shocked if he left after this season. But he's already getting the recognition by playing at Los Al. So who knows.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:06 am

Damn, now Malachi gets a Bama offer.

Kids life has changed drastically.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:46 pm

anywhere besides MD, however, won't surprise me if he does transfer to MD, it would be just like how Bryce Young transferred in after the monstrous 2017 MD season capped off its powerful season, I don't blame anyone at all for wanting to transfer to a perennial winner, just like when Mitch Mustain transferred to USC.

Also, this will require some math, in the entire history of High School Football National Titles, it would be interesting to count all of the private school titles and public school titles, to see which number is higher, my best guess is private school.

Domingo

Post by Domingo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Think about this FACT in considering whether or not another public school will ever win the D1 Title again in football. There are more football players with D1 offers LIVING in the Inland Empire playing for Mater Dei than for Corona Centennial. THAT is unbelievable and the new dynamic in So Cal HS Football.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:03 am

teams with 9-0 records
MD
MV
CDM
FOOTHILL
CYPRESS
=D>

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:49 am

I think the erosion of many high school football players is making it harder for public schools. A lot of schools have very small freshman teams, or 0 JV teams. Varsity rosters are lucky to have 45-50 guys.
Private schools or destination schools have more funding and kids.
It's the haves and have nots.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:57 pm

ya, I don't see that happening again anytime soon, and due to other posts, I believe Bosco more than MD, has received more talented athletes from Long Beach, which is why sadly, I don't see LB Poly becoming a National Powerhouse again anytime soon, but at the same time, MD has gotten more quality, but Bosco in quantity, which I saw on another post, I think that sums up the difference between the 2.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:47 pm

I spoke a while back to a LB poly player who also played college ball in pac-12

The discussion of HS Football came up and his take was due to the LB school district changes for enrollment it has become very difficult for kids in the LB area to get into Poly which was not the case when he played around 2000.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:33 pm

hopefully they fix that or change that in Long Beach in the near future, so Poly can become relevant again, it's also shocking and hard to believe that LB Poly has never won a state title before, they are 0-2 in the state title game since it was established in the 2006 season, and they both lose those games by very close margins. However, correct me if i'm wrong, I think Poly did win a state championship more than 80 or 90 years ago right? I believe it's easy to assume, if the state title game hadn't been discared, disbanded for many decades, existed before 2006, LB Poly would more than likely have a few state title rings from their teams of the late 90's, early 2000's.