JV/Frosh scores

Credo ut intelligam

Re: JV/Frosh scores

Post by Credo ut intelligam »

Omar Bongo wrote:Roosevelt frosh are tweeting that there was little satisfaction for the Friar faithful, nor was there any anguish on the part of the Mustangs :-"
We must have been employing the MD strategy of let's have J.T throw the deep ball in the 2nd half when up by 35-pts and then hide him on the bench while we let the capable backups who we'll soon kick to the curb in exchange for 4-star transfers mop up the game for us.

But seriously, I do stand by my earlier statement: there is no joy in a 68-0 win. Not sure why weren't able to pull back more on the reins when the score was half that. The only satisfaction is that in two years we're going to be very tough opponent in the Trinity League (non-mercenary division; that is, all the teams other than Bosco and MD).
TommyTrojan

Post by TommyTrojan »

Mission freshmen are 0-4 for the first time in, well, a really long time after a 48-18 loss to Villa Park

El Toro's freshmen won the big rivalry game against Trabuco 35-7 (glad to see these school being allowed to play each other again)

Laguna Hills frosh go to 2-1 when Muir forfeits because too many of their players got suspended following a bench clearing brawl last week.
thefrog

Post by thefrog »

Any idea what the numbers are like for El Toro and Laguna Hills freshman?
Last edited by thefrog on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

Interesting report from the MV front..... :eh?:
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
FilthyPelican

Post by FilthyPelican »

Upland vs La Mirada
JV Score
UHS 58 La Mirada 6
Frosh Score
La Mirada 14 UHS 13
"The Wolf is never concerned about the opinions of the Sheep"
FilthyPelican

Post by FilthyPelican »

thefrog wrote:Any idea what the numbers are like for ET and LH freshman?
Freshman
La Habra - 6
Calabasas - 55
"The Wolf is never concerned about the opinions of the Sheep"
daddyooo

Post by daddyooo »

JSerra frosh 62 Notre Dame (SO) 16
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Credo ut intelligam wrote:there is no joy in a 68-0 win
Hearing that the Servite players left the field with their heads hanging in shame and apologized profusely to the Mustangs, message board QBs and society in general
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Funny, bro.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

SCORE UPDATE from San Clemente,

FINAL {FROSH}

CDM 49
San Clemente 13
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Servite jv edges Villa Park 22-21.

Servite freshmen defeated Villa Park 49-7.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
TommyTrojan

Post by TommyTrojan »

Hawks 17 Segerstrom 12

Jags score with 11 sec left in what was a tight, well played game. Hawks move to 3-1 with the win.
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

La Habra freshman beats Diamond ranch 21-0, vs SPECIAL team? LH JV wins 21-14, vs sub par team. Look for LH varsity to win big and turn the page Friday night. Diamond Ranch is 3-1 beating Chino Hills and Losing to Ayala.
Let's get it on!
FBOC

Post by FBOC »

SK80 wrote:Interesting report from the MV front..... :eh?:
Yes unfortunately that's 3 out of the last 4 freshman classes that have been subpar.
The coaches need to really focus on getting a quality freshman class next year
Newps

Post by Newps »

Frosh

Cdm 49 San Clemente 13

JV

SC 27 Cdm 24
SK80

Post by SK80 »

HTL you better hope!

FBOC, still takes me aback to hear the idea of coaches need TO GET rather than simply need TO COACH their way to success. :thumbsdown:
FBOC

Post by FBOC »

Well how about this. They need to keep all the kids in the Saddleback Valley school district to be able to have continued success. Remember they have the Trinity schools all within maybe 35 miles. JS and SM both within 10 miles. They also have a solid Tesoro program in their school district. Capo Valley is in MV as well. All these schools are competing right or wrong for talent in the Saddleback Valley.
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

Freshman football seems to be down at a lot of places , Upland seems to have lost to everyone and so has MV. This is unheard of for those programs. Losing to Villa Park 48-14?? Wow! CDM seems to be rolling. Or the teams they are playing are below average. For sure Calabasas and Servite have good freshman teams. La Habra is bringing their lunch box to work and beating the teams they should. I think like 4 shutouts.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

"CDM seems to be rolling. Or the teams they are playing are below average." ~ HTL

I think we will have a better idea when league starts. So far thumping the publics and this years schedule top to bottom is likely the most difficult to dat for the program.
Last edited by SK80 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

I think it will be CDM and Los Al.
CDM has been rolling for two years now
Leading into the sunset. Edison is down, Los al is good, beating San Clemente is a good win, and CDM won big. I think a lot of kids must be doing other things in the south coast league as freshman classes at MV and SC getting blown out by Villa Park and CDM