JV/Frosh scores

MyTwoSense

Re: JV/Frosh scores

Post by MyTwoSense » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:31 am

I actually made it to the Servite/ MD game. Tough loss for the friars. Their WR went out first qtr, looked injured. I know he was a critical key player but I'm not sure if that played a part in the loss. Lots of mistakes. MD played great as usual. Don't expect anything less from MD. And after the game there was a crowd of MD and Servite boys who must've played together previously or knew each other off the field. It was nice to see them come together. After all, after the clock runs out, it's just another game and they're all there to have fun with their friends.

Tonight is a different story. Good luck to both teams
don't be mad at a hater. a hater's job is to hate. so let them do their job --:-- :notworthy:

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:56 am

I have no problem with any of the freshmen at MD. How or why they got there, I care not. Credit is definitely due to the MD freshman staff.
Bick wrote:QR_BBPOST I just don't see how anyone at Servite could find fault with MD for their xfers in light of the mass exodus from Los Al to Servite.
Again, my complaints relate to stealing already established stars from other schools, especially junior and senior established stars. And a related issue is that there is no way junior and senior transfers from public schools can fulfill the religious requirements at a Catholic school.
Not trying to get you to agree with those things, just trying to help you understand where I and others are coming from.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Bick

Post by Bick » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:15 pm

Prof - I think it speaks into the school of choice argument more so than any nefarious inducements when a single player decides what's in his best interests. But I think you've got to at least consider dropping the challenge flag when multiple kids go from one school to another that are bound by an association. You guys are big on latin over there, so caveat emptor.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:35 pm

OK, Professor, let's cut to the chase.

For months you have repeatedly used words like "stealing" and "poaching" when describing Mater Dei's acceptance of football transfers, yet you don't use those words when describing Servite's or other schools' transfers. Why is that? "Stealing" and "poaching" are vastly different verbs from "accepting" or "enrolling", yet you've never had the courage to tell us why you use the more sinister words or exactly what you mean by them. Please do so. And although you repeatedly make such general accusations, you have never once specifically offered the name of a single player that you know was "stolen" or "poached" from another school and how that was done. Why is that?

Second, you admitted in another post that you didn't know Servite ran a vanpool. You also admitted that you didn't know some players at Servite received more than just the need-based financial aid available to all students. It's fascinating how you claim to know so much about what goes on at Mater Dei while being so ignorant of what goes on at your own school.

You now seem to be hanging your hat on the hook of Mater Dei accepting star players for their senior seasons from public schools without the required religion classes for graduation. Since you seem to be unaware of what is going on at Servite, shall I assume you didn't know that one of those star, senior, public school players that you criticize Mater Dei for accepting was on his way to Servite last December? When the mass exodus of talent from Servite occurred, that young man's family decided they could scrounge up the extra hundred bucks a month it would take to go to Mater Dei instead. That's right, a star, senior, public school player. And there's no reason to believe that Servite wouldn't also accept any other star, senior, public school player that tried to get in. And that's right, he was going to attend Servite for less tuition than he's currently paying at Mater Dei.

You seem to insist on believing that if Mater Dei or St. John Bosco are getting higher caliber transfers than Servite or some other schools, it must be because they are using more sinister recruiting techniques. That's not the case. The truth is exactly what Bick pointed out above - those are the schools of choice right now and that's where the best kids want to be. It's unfortunate, but right now you're trying to pitch a Kia to kids who want to drive a Maserati, and the best salesmen in the world would have difficulty making that sale. Get better and you will see them come. It's happened every time in the past.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:16 pm

Dude, I've discussed this with you dozens of times and I have told you dozens of times that I don't care about 8th graders coming in as freshmen, tuition discounts, or van pools. I've also given every possible alternate description to "stolen," "poached," etc, and I'm done explaining my opinions to you. The religion thing is also not some late complaint to "hang my hat on." Use the search function and you will see that point being a focus of mine for the entire time I've been on this forum, as evidenced by this exchange with RegularBob in February of 2010.
by Lionhunter » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:55 pm

regularbob wrote:
The day of transfers to Servite will come. It has already happened in other sports. If a decent basketball program is built from the ground up, whether you like it or not the kids will come because the school will offer them 2 things the parents and players will be looking for. A better education and prep. for college and more exposure than they are getting at their current school.
by Lionhunter » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:55 pm

One problem with that statement. The school has to say yes to the transfer. How many Catholic religion classes did Keala King get at Dominguez HS? How about Lamb at Colony? Yet they were accepted like they were a perfect fit for what MD is supposed to stand for. What did the administration say? "Well, we'll make him take one year of religion class and he'll be good to go." He was a perfect fit alright. A Monarch through and through. Don't make me gag. Servite would not have accepted King or Lamb. Hooper? Possibly. Stangl? Probably. I wouldn't have approved of any of them.

I have learned recently, of a Water Polo transfer into Servite, and I have spoken out against that also, on this forum. I don't approve, but at least that kid is coming to Servite from a Catholic school, where he did get Catholic religion classes. And they tell me he's from a Servite family...I still don't approve, but I have no say.
I have no interest in your little anecdotes for which you provide no truth, and I've found information you've given me in the past, did not pan out.

By the way, I'm still waiting for you to provide the transfer figures you promised 8 and a half months ago. Didn't support your case, did they?
by MDDad » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:29 am

You live a thousand miles away, yet you are so in touch with local sentiment that you know a lawsuit five years ago caused a large increase in Southern Section transfers, even though there is no metric to support your belief. That is, to use a common Trumpism, "sad".

I'll tell you what I'll do. On Monday, I will call Rob Wigod or Thom Simmons and try to get the actual transfer numbers for the last ten years...unless you would consider any such information "fake news". Let me know, as I'd prefer not to waste my time.
My answer was
Postby Professor Fate » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:05 am

That'd be great. CIF SS and statewide, I hope.
Last edited by Professor Fate on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:24 pm

Professor, I wish you had told me months ago that I was wasting my time with you.

Thanks, and have a great day.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:53 pm

WOW!, Prof's on a mission. He has to be, to be researching posts from eight! years back...

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:41 pm

Nothing made my Friday like Keala King and RegularBob making their way back into a thread LOL.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:49 pm

MDDad wrote:I didn't write that, Omar.
You're right, it was Credo ut intelligam. No idea how your name got in there, sorry

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:49 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:Nothing made my Friday like Keala King and RegularBob making their way back into a thread LOL.
Fate is Lionhunter...so what name did you used to post under?

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:28 pm

MyTwoSense wrote:I actually made it to the Servite/ MD game. Tough loss for the friars. Their WR went out first qtr, looked injured. I know he was a critical key player but I'm not sure if that played a part in the loss.
As he was walking off he said he broke his collarbone. Tough break, but he'll be back.

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:51 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:You left out OC, SD and other privates...you must mean the coloreds

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:32 pm

Was GaryMcKnightsSecondChin, and KikiMendozasRetreatPlanner before that.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:17 pm

Week 7 FROSH/JV scores:

FINAL

CDM FROSH 48
FV FROSH 6

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:23 pm

J Serra JV over Servite 14-13
Servite frosh over J Serra 42-21

Bick

Post by Bick » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Los Al JV 58 -7 over Newport
Los Al Frosh won 42-7

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:21 am

Week 7 FROSH/JV scores:

Updating the scores, my info was with 7:26 remaining in the Q4 I am told now. These are the updated finals for Frosh and the JV.

FINAL

CDM FROSH 48
FV FROSH 6

CDM JV 14
FV JV 10

4ks.up

Post by 4ks.up » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:07 am

JV Football:

Marina 22 - Long Beach Poly 20

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:35 am

MARINA! :shock: Maybe we shoulda kept them and booted NH :lol:

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Freshman

Hunt. Bch. 8
Edison 40
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X