He's NO JT

Daforno

He's NO JT

Post by Daforno » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:47 pm

I know 1 half does not a season or player make, but Bryce Young is NO JT!!!!

He is good, but not even in the same breath can he be compared to Jt, decision making and ball flight and just the element of poise.

I thought JT was really good, but to think he still could be out there "playing" with these kids tells me he was so superior he HAD to go on to USC, there was nothing else to do.

This Young kid will make MD competitive, this year BUT NOT GREAT

Ramon

Re: He's NO JT

Post by Ramon » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Believe you me, this is not the first time Bryce has heard this commentary...
Last edited by John Q. Public on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unexplained link removed
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

jb914

Post by jb914 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:39 pm

it doesn't help when the center can't get the ball more than 3 inches off the ground. He look nervous which was to be expected as his first game and following JT.

he was off on a few passes. a few he hit in the hands that were dropped. Sean Dollars is the real deal though.

Red

Post by Red » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:20 am

1st game jitters. He will be fine. He will have a receivers this coming game. Not really fair to critique him after the first.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:15 am

Regarding the title of this thread, that may be something we can say about every high school quarterback for the next 20 years.

Domingo

Post by Domingo » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:58 am

Daforno wrote:I know 1 half does not a season or player make, but Bryce Young is NO JT!!!!

He is good, but not even in the same breath can he be compared to Jt, decision making and ball flight and just the element of poise.

I thought JT was really good, but to think he still could be out there "playing" with these kids tells me he was so superior he HAD to go on to USC, there was nothing else to do.

My goodness! You're the idiot that will jump all over the rookie QB in a few years that takes over for the NE Patriots when Brady finally retires and proclaim, "He's NO TOM BRADY!!!"

Get a clue you moron!

Bick

Post by Bick » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:03 am

MDDad wrote:Regarding the title of this thread, that may be something we can say about every high school quarterback for the next 20 years.
Are you implying other HS qbs actually play their senior year instead of starting for a bowl series college team?

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:35 am

#1 nobody besides the bosco qb is close to JT. hilinski in not even close.

#2 bryce is a passing league qb (has terrible "REAL FOOTBALL" mechanics.)
The thing he does well is keep plays alive with his feet.

He will be exposed in the TL. They are a run first, run second, hopefully we done have to throw much this year, kinda team.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:00 am

Bryce will be fine LOL
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:11 am

I thought I was being kind, I said not 1 half does a season make, just observations why the venom?

Are you related to this kid,? he's good he is just NOT in the same league as JT, is that so bad to say, NO ONE was why get your panties all wound up Domingo???

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:31 pm

credofriar wrote: #2 bryce is a passing league qb (has terrible "REAL FOOTBALL" mechanics.)
The thing he does well is keep plays alive with his feet.

He will be exposed in the TL. They are a run first, run second, hopefully we done have to throw much this year, kinda team.
Help me out here. Is passing league a place where QB's get to "keeping plays alive with your feet". I don't think it is but, I don't go to passing league or 7 on 7 games.

between Dollars and Harper MD put up over 350yd of rushing. Dollars had an 85yd run called back for a penalty. Harper looks ALOT faster this season IMHO.

BBB

Post by BBB » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:12 pm

Classic! The MD honks are out in full hyena mode. Myopic Dei!

The kid had a really bad opening week. Coaches may have realized he’s not far enough along and/or they could run all over Amat. But you have to admit he was the least impressive QB out of the entire Trinity League with the exception of McKibbin. The irony is they are the two highly vaunted transfers who came from outside the Trinity. Coincidence?

7v7 is NOT real football so yes he can excel in it while not having it translate to an actual game. Guys who like to run or scramble first, like Bryce, struggle with a rush in their face. He doesn’t make pre snap reads well and at times struggles to make quick decisions. He gets to sit there in 7v7 and wait for something to open up without having to worry about a rush. Look at film from last year when Cathedral played Upland in the playoffs; he didn’t do that well at all. His previous highlights came against much weaker competition in a far lower division. This is a big jump up for him. It matters.

And nerves? The kid split time 50/50 his freshman year and started an entire season last year. He’s competed at a million camps. While every kid felt first game nerves, he was way too experienced to use this excuse past the first series.

Suspensions shouldn’t matter either. MD is deep enough to withstand a few kids missing a game. Especially when you’re playing a Bishop Amat. How many D1 DBs do they have? Zero. No excuses.

Good thing he committed to USC when he did. Hmmm....

Now with that said, I’m sure the passing game will evolve to fit what he does well while accommodating whatever limited capabilities he may have. The kid has a strong arm and a quick release. Might be overrated but isn’t awful either. JT did nearly everything well so Bryce will naturally pale in comparison.

But for the hyenas, God forbid we accurately evaluate him. Is he an untouchable because of his ranking and your happiness he chose MD thinking he’d be a savior?

BTW, Carter Friedland had a much better game last night despite splitting reps at Cen10. You may have let the kid go too early and he’s now developed into a good QB. You better hope Bryce improves fast with your schedule!

Buck

Post by Buck » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Of course he's no JT..... JT was shaving and driving himself to school as a freshman. Private QB coach since grade school etc etc...... a tone down version of Marinovich. It doesn't hurt that your 4th WR is a Cal commit and your top two targets are arguably the top two wr's in the state in ski mask and McCoy..... and your entire OL will play on Saturdays

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:28 am

Daforno wrote: I know 1 half does not a season or player make, but Bryce Young is NO JT!!!!

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:21 am

this thread didn't age well. :lol:

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:52 am

Only a few people believed in him in this thread...And some didn't...Usual Suspects LOL

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:58 am

jb914 wrote:this thread didn't age well. :lol:
Kyler Murray did. :lol:

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:00 am

I’m not impressed with OU. They play In a weak conference against weak defenses. Alabama will destroy OU. A good old fashioned curb stomping.

Kyler should enjoy his glory and go to baseball where he has a better chance of a long and successful professional career.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:00 am

In response to the title of this thread, I'll ask again: Who is?

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:24 pm

Bryce made me a believer, he looked pretty dang good last night.