MD vs Gorman - Round 2

leftyRosenthal

MD vs Gorman - Round 2

Post by leftyRosenthal »

No one is talking about the matchup going on in one of the greatest cities known to mankind in a little over 48 hours? MD opened at -16.5, now down to -14. Total steady at 63. Aside from all the negativity and distractions that have taken place the past month, MD should be pretty close to full strength with a few key pieces coming back for Friday’s nationally televised game. Yes, there may be another small distraction coming up for MD but we’ll just have to wait until that is announced. Should not affect their focus for the big game and Gorman is not what they have been the few years. I expect MD to cover and maybe hit the over with a garbage time td.
RoadRunner

Re: MD vs Gorman - Round 2

Post by RoadRunner »

Small distraction? lmao...
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"
templar83

Post by templar83 »

leftyRosenthal wrote:, there may be another small distraction coming up for MD
You mean like forfeiting the win against Bishop Amat for using an ineligible player?
leftyRosenthal

Post by leftyRosenthal »

Thank goodness for Sondheimer and Fryer spilling the beans, it’s been known for a few days now. Either way, just like BHD being out, won’t make a difference with the results of the games moving forward.
RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner »

Yes it has been known for a few days, but I didn`t want to post anything because I didn`t want to get "banned" and JQP sending me a message saying I can get sued...
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

The topic is this week's game. You want to trash a board, find another one.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

WOW. How can a school of this magnitude not vet these kids and know this... not even worth it? Do things really slip through the cracks that easily? I do not think losing any ONE player will hurt MD in this game. But are there not some others that may sit for other reasons still not completely transparent?

It is discussion for another thread but will a forfeit change any WIN dynamic here on out? A loss is a loss, I know you can ignore it to a point? --:--
MDForfeit.png
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner »

SK80 wrote:WOW. How can a school of this magnitude not vet these kids and know this... not even worth it? Do things really slip through the cracks that easily? I do not think losing any ONE player will hurt MD in this game. But are there not some others that may sit for other reasons still not completely transparent?

It is discussion for another thread but will a forfeit change any WIN dynamic here on out? A loss is a loss, I know you can ignore it to a point? --:--

MDForfeit.png

bruh I posted it but of course it got deleted. This forum must be funded my MD.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

It wasn't deleted. It was moved to a non-indexed forum. Domingo posted a grownup version of the same thing and it's still there.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

Well if you want to play the hyper transfer game you best dot your "I"'s and cross your "T"'s or you are "it"! What really makes this bad in perception is it follows already another disciplinary action by other players in which the team and coach nor school will discuss.

I do think this is a topic for another thread, I know some will not want it to even be a thread. I think it would be justified because it has something to do with a system that many have pointed out as becoming flawed and to shut it down as if it's dust under a rug would not be right.

However if it can not be discussed on both sides with reasonable and respectful thought and opine then indeed shut it down because of that, not the subject matter.

I don't envy the MD PR team this week. :shock:
Last edited by SK80 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner »

I didn`t realize this is the grown up section. To each their own.
Attachments
39752080_289905118498238_5781708016927637504_n.jpg
leftyRosenthal

Post by leftyRosenthal »

Well it is what it is, it could be a variety of reasons of why a player is ineligible, but that’s none of our business. We should let the powers that be deal with those things. Not sure why every little comes up with MD has to be scrutinized, no one is perfect and life is short, enjoy it!
Now back to the game, I think it will be an interesting matchup, the only thing that may affect MD is the weather. It is expected to be in the high 90’s at kickoff.
RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner »

lefty..MD still might be missing starters because of the suspension. Suspension are anywhere from 3-4 games
RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner »

And BG brings more to the table than AMAT at the skill postions
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

You know where the door is, RR.
RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner »

? I was responding to the game thread...
SK80

Post by SK80 »

:slapfight: enough already...... :off topic:
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Best of luck to the Monarchs this week, et al; the better the win the better for So Cal! Rep So Cal., The CIF S.S., M. D. ! Crush Gorman...
Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam »

What's the over/under for suspended and/or ineligible players?
FBOC

Post by FBOC »

Not sure how you can pick the game if you don't know who's playing for MD.