MD vs Gorman - Round 2

Omar Bongo

Re: MD vs Gorman - Round 2

Post by Omar Bongo »

Omar Bongo wrote:Not to be a wet blanket but Gorman looks to be waaay down this year
Just read the last time BG was held scoreless was 2006
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

SK80 wrote: Cruiser you stopped Bongos "Echo Chamber" of 12 straight posts....!
I did that. Cruiser thought we needed a duplicate topic.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Omar Bongo wrote: In other news OLU up 7-0 over CC in the 1st
In other news, these scores should really be in the "Week 1 game" thread.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Yeah, I got bored with the unexpected blowout...move 'em if you want

Looks like

MD W
Servite W
JSerra W
SJB W
SM L
OLU ?
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Got 'em.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

Cruiser w/ tha' ditto thread.... I didn't comment knowing JQP would rescue us.... :lol:
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland »

Omar Bongo wrote: Gorman at home looking for payback...not sure why MD is such a heavy favorite, I expect a much closer game
These comments did not age well ...
RedPillWonderland

BBB wrote: That will not be even close to getting it done this weekend. No way MD averages 13 yards per carry.
Yeah no way. More like 20 yards per carry. Wait, that was just Dollars by himself.
BBB wrote: I bet BG is going to load the box and dare MD to pass. If BG does a good job containing Young, forcing him to make reads in the pocket, then this game will be low scoring and BG has a chance to win.
Yahh that didn't work out well at all. However you should DEFINITELY make some prop bets or at least go hit the tables RIGHT NOW if you made the trip to Sin City. :lol:
RedPillWonderland

aberamsey wrote: I think this game is going to be a close one.
Super close.
aberamsey wrote: What other players will be out this week as well? If there are multiple starters it could be a factor.
HUGE factor.
aberamsey wrote: Another big factor could be the weather. It will be over 100 degrees at the start of the game.
One Hunnid!
aberamsey wrote: On the Gorman side, they are young but the word is the lower classes have a tremendous amount of talent.
TREMENDOUS!
aberamsey wrote: They are also playing at home and didn't make a long road trip this time.
Homefield is worth at least a FG right? Right???

At least they have their girlfriends to hold them close.
RedPillWonderland

BBB wrote: The key offensively is MD’s QB. Young only had 108 yards on 12 for 19 passing with a pick and a fumble against a far inferior Bishop Amat.

His longest pass play was just 18 yards. Only four kids caught a ball. All of this was with McCoy and Martinez playing.
The KEY offensively MIGHT HAVE BEEN MD's QB (or Sean Dollars, but I digress). Young only had 254 yards on 10 for 13 passing with a pick and FOUR TDs (plus one zig-zagging, fire-starting 40+ yard rush TD) against a far inferior CONSENSUS TOP 15 RANKED TEAM IN THE NATION, Bishop Gorman.

His longest pass play was just 76 yards. Seemed like only four and five-star recruits caught a ball. All of this was with McCoy and Martinez and Dollars and Harper committing Red bloody murder on the Gorman Gaels proud legacy of national domination.

*I updated that for you* :lol: :rockon:
HolyTrinityBlankman

Post by HolyTrinityBlankman »

Had a hot date tonight.

How did this game turnout?? :lol: #FertittasRevenge
Red

Post by Red »

Hey skatey, you may want to wait until the whole story comes out. My bet he will be able to play this season, however it sure didnt seem like they needed him last night.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.
Red

Post by Red »

Wait a moment.... RedPillWonderland! R P W....Is that you? Great analysis! BBB, maybe one day you will get it right. It appeared to me Bryce slowed the game down and will get better every game. He is definitely a weapon with many other weapons on the field. I see the confidence building and the Freshman, Hunter played well at the other corner opposite of Ricks. Keep rolling Mater Dei.
Last edited by Red on Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.
daddyooo

Post by daddyooo »

Watching Chris Street for JSerra against Calabasas I shudder to think that he left MD because he'd only be the #3 running back...
RedPillWonderland

daddyooo wrote: Watching Chris Street for JSerra against Calabasas I shudder to think that he left MD because he'd only be the #3 running back...
Or because The Robinson Fund at JSerra cut his family a fat check ...
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Mater Dei beat down Bishop Gorman so thoroughly that they are now rated two slots below Servite by MaxPreps. :shock:
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
jb914

Post by jb914 »

daddyooo wrote:Watching Chris Street for JSerra against Calabasas I shudder to think that he left MD because he'd only be the #3 running back...
look at highlights of Harper and Dollars.
jb914

Post by jb914 »

Professor Fate wrote:Mater Dei beat down Bishop Gorman so thoroughly that they are now rated two slots below Servite by MaxPreps. :shock:
The rankings are so subjective, more so in HS than in College. Gorman dropped it's 2nd game to an unranked team. I think they have a lot of talent at Gorman, but, it's a HUGE drop off from last season and many underclassmen. They lost a lot of big-time players on both sides of the ball. DTR was playing QB yesterday for UCLA and I'm sure those other HUGE man-children they had last season have been playing as a freshman for their respective schools.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

That was 2 weeks ago. Gorman lost again Friday.

This early in the season rankings are largely guesswork
BBB

Post by BBB »

RedPillWonderland wrote:The KEY offensively MIGHT HAVE BEEN MD's QB (or Sean Dollars, but I digress). Young only had 254 yards on 10 for 13 passing with a pick and FOUR TDs (plus one zig-zagging, fire-starting 40+ yard rush TD) against a far inferior CONSENSUS TOP 15 RANKED TEAM IN THE NATION, Bishop Gorman.

His longest pass play was just 76 yards. Seemed like only four and five-star recruits caught a ball. All of this was with McCoy and Martinez and Dollars and Harper committing Red bloody murder on the Gorman Gaels proud legacy of national domination.

*I updated that for you* :lol: :rockon:
Sorry for the delayed response she but I was on a sabbatical. I love it when a QB’s dad makes it to the board. Welcome Mr. Young!