Is the Trinity League over rated?

MV over SM

CC over OLU

Might be too many people drinking the Kool Aid

Bosco and MD, then everyone else?
Bick

Re: Trinity League Over Rated???

Post by Bick »

Properly rated. MV, CC, MD, SJB in D1 semis this year.
FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe »

The Trinity is not overrated. There is just a huge drop off after the top 2. But the top 4 can beat anyone (except the top 2). Even Servite, who is fielding as weak of a team as I’ve seen them have in years, beats a decent D2 Norco team. MV/OLu/JSerra will fight it out for the 4th semi-final spot. The other 3 are set although seedings will play a role.
RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland »

LOL the perennial two best public school teams in California (and 2 of the best in the USA) beat two bottom-3 Trinity teams and the league is "overrated." MV gets an ugly win at home by 10 against the likely 5th place TL team (at best), in a game they should have been expected to win by 3 scores.

Hide the women and the babies!! Trinity DOOM! ROFL
SK80

Post by SK80 »

There are but two publics whom can compete within the middle of the pack Trinity schools... that is about it out of how many publics?
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Daforno wrote: Is the Trinity League over rated?
As far as the High School Sports Forum admin is concerned, absolutely. A lot of very good competition last night from the other 80 some-odd schools in OC.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
aberamsey

Post by aberamsey »

I think the league is what everyone expected. Mater Dei and Bosco are very good. One would have to think that JSerra is probably better than expected. OLU is what we expected. Great on offense but still questions on defense. Based on the mass exodus Servite was probably an under dog vs Norco, so that’s a quality win. SM is what we thought. Solid up front but rebuilding at the skills with a young QB. Good win for Mission but hardly dominant. Take away the Mater Dei forfeit and the Trinity only had two losses to the two best publics in So Cal. So not underrated or overrated, properly rated.
HolyTrinityBlankman

Post by HolyTrinityBlankman »

If the TL fails to get all six teams into the nation's toughest playoff bracket yet again, maybe we can say its overrated. If a team that goes winless in the Trinity DOESNT beat the champion from the second toughest league in SoCal in the D1 playoffs on their home field, THEN we can say its overrated. If a talented public school team like Norco can actually hang on and beat the TL's worst team after they build a three TD lead, THEN we can say the TL is overrated.
daddyooo

Post by daddyooo »

OLu will struggle against top opponents because they can't run the ball.

JSerra might well be in the D1 final four if the draw comes out right.