Week 2 2018 ~ Game Thread

SK80

Week 2 2018 ~ Game Thread

Post by SK80 »

Post your favorite match - ups here for week 2 :thumbsup:

Fryer and Albano will kick of the week with their takes on the Game of the Week, La Habra vs. Mission Viejo, as well as Capistrano Valley vs. Pacifica and El Toro vs. Corona del Mar.

Video: Fryer, Albano and Khamis preview Week 2’s top high school football games
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/08/28/v ... all-games/

I'm looking forward to seeing just how good this D6 Oxnard team is.... big step up against Westlake I know it ain't OC ball but come playoffs telling games for teams like Huntington Beach in D6..

Oxnard vs. Westlake should produce lots of offense

"There should be plenty of touchdowns scored on Friday night when Westlake (2-0) hosts Oxnard (2-0).
Oxnard, coached by former St. Bonaventure and Crespi coach Jon Mack, has blown out Granada Hills and Quartz Hill, but must deal with a major leap in competition in facing the Warriors.

Quarterback Vincent Walea has completed 23 of 34 passes for 427 yards and eight touchdowns in two games with zero interceptions. JR Waters is a top receiver, having caught 11 passes for 277 yards and four touchdowns.
Westlake quarterback Marco Siderman has plenty of weapons, including speedy receiver Jason Heller."
~ LA Times
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
SK80

Re: Week 2 2018 ~ Game Thread

Post by SK80 »

Reporting from Davidson Field

CDM 52
El Toro 6

Halftime
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity »

Los al up 13-0 on poly
SK80

Post by SK80 »

Ethan Garbers 6 TD passes in first half ties his brothers school record for a single game.. sorry Chase it may be history.
insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity »

Sm loses to cherry creek. Pretty good team. Tons of penalties by sm
SK80

Post by SK80 »

JSerra squeaks by Amat 21-20, the Amat with a victory over MD!

Congrats to Los Al. For the great win over LBP representing the Sunset!
daddyooo

Post by daddyooo »

JSerra was about to put the game away 28-7 in the 3rd but an interception on the 10 yard line by Amat led to a furious rally that came up short when they missed a 2 point conversion with 1 minute left.

Amat tough place to play-JSerra got out of there by the skin of their butts.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Ballsy call going for 2 - looked like PI on the JS defender, refs let it go
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
SuperMonster

Post by SuperMonster »

Tesoro over Roosevelt 35-6
SK80

Post by SK80 »

I was watching that game close @SM, I thought when Roosy beat Rancho Kook they may be better than last year, then Norco steam rolled RC so maybe RC isn't as good as some previous seasons. Norco is good do not take my comment wrong.

Either way Tesoro has a couple quality wins with this and beating Edison. Lets see what they do against Los Al and SC. As for Roosy good luck next week against Servite....
insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity »

sm is worse than i thought this year... i thought they would be in the 4-5 in trinity range. if i had to predict now i would put them last... probably would say bosco mater dei olu jserra servite sm