Aliso Niguel - Racist?

joefutbol

Re: Aliso Niguel - Racist?

Post by joefutbol »

Professor Fate wrote: over chants of USA, USA
It's baffling that at this stage of your life you're still stuck at this level.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

ventura wrote: I think I speak for a lot of sports fans that JUST WANT AN ESCAPE when they watch a contest, and we can't get that anymore. Not even in high school.
You speak for me, too. Let's get nationalism and politics out of sports entirely.

Drop the faux-patriotic displays and performances and just play the game
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

MDDad wrote: Furthermore, attaching the term to such silly, juvenile behavior and equating it to real, impactful racism runs the risk of
Sheesh, here we go with the "real racism" thing again :roll:... What does age have to do with it? Who are you to judge whether it's "impactful" for the intended targets?

Racism is not innate, is it learned. Teaching children that it's okay in certain circumstances only breeds racist adults
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik »

FBOC wrote:Al
By the way my long time gf and her children are Mexican and were born in Mexico. We all live together her and her family all think this is BS. Are you going to call her, her Mexican family and Mexican children ignorant?? Are you going to tell them that Al? Are you going to tell how dangerous she is to her children? Please tell the consequences for the kids of Aliso? Did they get in trouble? In closing what an ignorant statement to compare the Aliso students to the problem children your friend deals with. I'm sure they broke the law. If you want talk to my my gf family and children I can arrange that. You can tell them how and when Mexicans are supposed to be offended and the harm we are to her children
Ahhhh... the age old “Dude, I’m not a racist because my best friend is black”
Give me a break man... you continue to confirm your ignorance.
Enjoy living with your GF’s parents. WINNING!!!!
Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam »

I can't speak to the Alison Niguel-Santa Ana game, but several schools--including Servite--held "Red, White, and Blue" clothing themes last Friday in connection with the upcoming Patriot Day.

Below is Tuesday's moment of prayer and silence at Servite in honor of 9-11.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2& ... _jlzo1db00
Attachments
2H6A0299.jpg
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Fitting for this thread. Were you around for the PA announcement at Servite on the morning of 9/11?
Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam »

No, I was not yet employed at the school back then.
Last edited by Credo ut intelligam on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate »

Al Koholik wrote:
Ahhhh... the age old “Dude, I’m not a racist because my best friend is black”
Al, I've always liked you and this issue won't change that. But I have to side with FBOC on this. I also married into a wonderful Hispanic family who came here legally. And they were very strongly anti-illegal immigrant in their views. Can Hispanics be anti-Hispanic?

Anyway, I still think a lot of people are imagining that they've been attacked, when no attack was was intended.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

What's it like being Donald's personal Sparkletts Man? Tiring I'll bet

George Will

Donald Trump
FBOC

Post by FBOC »

Professor Fate wrote:Al, I've always liked you and this issue won't change that. But I have to side with FBOC on this. I also married into a wonderful Hispanic family who came here legally. And they were very strongly anti-illegal immigrant in their views. Can Hispanics be anti-Hispanic?

Anyway, I still think a lot of people are imagining that they've been attacked, when no attack was was intended.
Professor

Al thinks your Mexican wife and family needs to be offended and if not both you and her family must be ignorant. Oh yeah he hinted my gf and I are harming her children because she as a Mexican and her family (not parents big Al) are not offended and must be hearing horrible racist things behind closed doors. They too are against illegal immigration of any kind. The children we are supposedly harming are honor students. The oldest works and does quite a bit of charity work. Several posters have stated Mexican spouses gfs and families are not offended maybe Al can talk to them and tell them what should offend them as Mexicans.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Can we leave the personal attacks and name calling out of this, please?
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Bick

Post by Bick »

Al Koholik wrote: Ahhhh... the age old “Dude, I’m not a racist because my best friend is black”
Al - you and a few others here seem to have a handle on what constitutes "racism" to the point the rest of us wallow in ignorance because we don't share that view. Where did you obtain that knowledge? Would I also fall into the "I'm not a racist" because I'm Mexican, or beaner, or wetback, or spic or whatever creative pejoratives I've heard directed at me over the years? Or am I still an ignorant racist because I don't share your views?
ShaneFalco

Post by ShaneFalco »

Can we move this thread to "The Off Topic Forum" already. Here we go, selective outrage from the left once again. Roosevelt didn't seem to have an issue with Servite's patriotism and chants of USA? The left is diseased and they're taking this country down with them, which is most likely their intent.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Well, I could move your post to the "General Off Topic Garbage" thread, since "the left" and their diseases have nothing to do with Santa Ana's complaint.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
FBOC

Post by FBOC »

ShaneFalco wrote:Can we move this thread to "The Off Topic Forum" already. Here we go, selective outrage from the left once again. Roosevelt didn't seem to have an issue with Servite's patriotism and chants of USA? The left is diseased and they're taking this country down with them, which is most likely their intent.
You have that right. Some of these folks (mostly non-Mexican) are really upset and can't get over the fact that many Mexicans are not offended by this at all and even support the wall. Purhaps they are feeling ashamed of their alleged white privlidge? They are oddly obsessed believing even Mexicans that are clearly not offended be offended. Ole AL boy even suggesting my gf is harming her children with her beliefs. Saying I live with her parents who are in Mexico when I've owned the home we live in for 15 yrs. Very odd to attach her and children just bc she is not offended.
ventura

Post by ventura »

Thanks Professor, FBOC, Bick and Shane for your points of view. They are encouraging to this white European male grappling with his own racism (must be, right? I didn't vote for Obama).

Bick - if you were black you'd be an Uncle Tom, say, like Justice Thomas to Thomas Sowell. Being Hispanic, maybe Uncle Rico? :D
SK80

Post by SK80 »

doesn't everyone have an Uncle Rico :mex:

Hey JQP, might be time to remove the "Mex" smilie..., seems likely to become a "HOT TOPIC"! ?
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

If someone used it to be racist, sure. But even then, just like when people sometimes use the "USA" chant to be racist, it's not the image or emoji or the string of letters put together that people are upset about.
Vernster52

Post by Vernster52 »

SK80 wrote:The LA Times are perps and carry much of the blame as stoking the flames equal sales... if they didn’t own the Daily Pilot I would pay them no mind.

MDDad is on point.
Yes, MDDad is on point...

as long as I'm willing to ignore his "white cops intentionally shooting unarmed black men" throw in.
Doody thang

Post by Doody thang »

Bet y’all anything there was some extra fervor behind those chants and that it happened because of social media.....

Example: Kids talking smack on social media, the Mexican stuff gets thrown out there by a white kid from Aliso (maybe not even football players), Santa Ana kids come back with viva Mexico, F America, blah blah blah......everybody but the school staff knows about it and the stands full of kids takes a certain tone.

Not saying I know this happened, but I’ve been around long enough to know it probably did

PS, the comment by the principal.....the way he put it......couldn’t have been a dumber statement