Aliso Niguel - Racist?

thefrog

Re: Aliso Niguel - Racist?

Post by thefrog » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 pm

13, for the OG Americans. ‘Merica

broman

Post by broman » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:56 pm

SK80 wrote:If the students, the players, the coaches, the parents and fans loved, believed in what the USA stands for they should have started chanting along.
How dare the students, players, coaches and parents and fans of Santa Ana High have their own reactions, feelings and emotions. The only thing that matters is other peoples narrow definition of acceptable behavior from minorities.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:06 pm

Haven't some schools banned "patriotic" clothing as being potentially confrontational? Or was it just Raiders jerseys?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Wow! Just wow! You now know what the intent of the Aliso Niguel students was when they chanted USA,USA.
Yes. It isn't rocket science. The United States Football Team did not score a touchdown.

But hey, I guess we should all just remember that racism is just a figment of the imagination. America is a beautiful land of perfection.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Hey! Maybe it was also "Pretend you're at the Olympics Night."
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:35 pm

Fordama wrote: The United States Football Team did not score a touchdown.
AN's principal confirmed that friday’s football game was our “red, white and blue” game, where students traditionally dress patriotically in USA colors for a home football game that falls in close proximity to September 11th (Patriot’s Day)
What part of that don't you get? The theme was "red white, and blue." Those kids were trying to get chosen the top student section of the week. Chanting USA,USA has nothing whatsoever to do with their opponent. Grow up and stop seeing racism in every single thing.
Last edited by Professor Fate on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:36 pm

Fordama wrote:Yes. It isn't rocket science. The United States Football Team did not score a touchdown.

But hey, I guess we should all just remember that racism is just a figment of the imagination. America is a beautiful land of perfection.
You are just unbelievable, Ford. Every bit of real evidence that has come to light in this case refutes what you believe happened, but that never seems to dissuade you. I used to comment about your belief that there's racism under every rock. Now it turns out you don't even need a rock.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:40 pm

broman wrote:How dare the students, players, coaches and parents and fans of Santa Ana High have their own reactions, feelings and emotions. The only thing that matters is other peoples narrow definition of acceptable behavior from minorities.
Exactly. And really, what do they know anyway?
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Anti Military and Anti Law Enforcement? Which part of the ad communicated those? I seemed to have missed that.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:57 pm

Any truth to the reporting that in the midst of this publicly-funded nationalist indoctrination rally, a football game broke out?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:27 pm

How about chanting "build that wall?" Any problem there?
dont be that guy wrote:Yeah, that would be bad, but they didn’t so it’s irrelevant.
How could you possibly know that?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:40 am

Easy. Every single parent, student, and administrator refuted it. When pressed, Jeff Bishop couldn’t confirm it either. No video. Nothing.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:46 am

I think Principle Bishops concerns were more along these lines....., when questioned by the media,

"Many Santa Ana students worry about possible deportations"
~ Principle Bishop
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Bick

Post by Bick » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:30 am

Fordama wrote: Yes. It isn't rocket science. The United States Football Team did not score a touchdown.

Were you also bothered by this wanton display of racism last Thursday against another predominantly Hispanic team from Banning?

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:39 am

The answer to that question, Bick, is no. And there's a reason the Santa Ana game is being discussed and the Los Al game is not. Nobody is saying patriotism or the colors red, white, and blue are racist.

thefrog

Post by thefrog » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:48 am

Those jerseys are awesome

thefrog

Post by thefrog » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:05 am

KFI just reported that Aliso Viejo, predominantly white, held up signs that said "Trump 2020" and "Build the wall"

Oh boy.

Bick

Post by Bick » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:07 am

joefutbol wrote: The answer to that question, Bick, is no. And there's a reason the Santa Ana game is being discussed and the Los Al game is not. Nobody is saying patriotism or the colors red, white, and blue are racist.
Ford had an issue with it, and that's who I was responding to.
Fordama wrote: Yes. It isn't rocket science. The United States Football Team did not score a touchdown.

JQP also sniped it.
John Q. Public wrote: Hey! Maybe it was also "Pretend you're at the Olympics Night."

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:11 am

really people, lets ban the Olympics and the World Cup for all that nationalism.... :bonk:
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:16 am

Well, when it's accompanied by signs that say "We gonna Trump ya" and "We love white" and racist remarks when the team was leaving the stadium (assuming that part is true), it kind of changes the ball game.

I think people are too caught up in the semantics here.