Mater Dei-IMG

Playthegame

Re: Mater Dei-IMG

Post by Playthegame »

Game Day

Go MONARCHS, I see your team, the brotherhood, Rep well and kick IMGs ASS!!!

HTL :cheers:
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks »

Thought it would be interesting to take a look at the "composition" of this IMG football roster, given how forward the Academy and coaches there have been about recruiting anywhere in the country (or world).

Really wild how many places (even countries) these kids are from, although the majority seem to be pulled from the South/SEC footprint. Also a lot of juniors playing key roles for this IMG team.

Other than a couple of players (esp. Evan Neal), the supposed massive size advantage (over MD) on the O-Line seems overplayed, although their depth and talent on both lines is college level and may make the difference in this game. The Monarchs may have just as much, if not more size, among their overall starting trench players.

First year transfers in bold (others have been at IMG for more than 1 season). Juniors in red.

---

IMG 2018 Football

QB David Baldwin 6’3” 220 – Upland CA
QB Bryson Lucero 6’2” 215 – Grand Junction CO (At IMG all 4 years of HS) (UAB)

RB Trey Sanders 6’0” 216 – Port St. Joe FL (Consensus #1 RB recruit in USA)
RB Noah Cain 5’11” 210 – Denton TX

WR Shamar Nash 6’1” 194 – Memphis TN (Arkansas)
WR Josh Delgado 5’11” 176 – Carson CA (Oregon)
WR Cam Phillips 6’1” 180 – Westerville OH
WR Michael Redding III 6’2” 185 – Pensacola FL (Jr)

TE Montavious Brini 6’0” 227 – Hialeah FL
TE Owen Stayer-Bauer 6’2” 215 – Naples FL

OT Evan Neal 6’8” 360 – Okeechobee FL
OG Greg Crippen 6’4” 270 – Milton MA (Jr)
OC Charles Turner 6’4” 250 – Canton OH (LSU)
OG Donte Lucas 6’3” 330 – Miami FL (FSU)
OT Chris Akporoghene 6’4” 280 – Warri, Nigeria/Seymour TN (Tennessee)
OT Justin Osborne 6’4” 275 – Flower Mound TX (Auburn)

DE Nolan Smith 6’3” 235 – Savannah GA (Georgia) (#1 overall recruit in USA - 247Sports)
DL Eric Gregory 6’4” 240 – Memphis TN (Memphis)
DE Josh Griffis 6’3” 225 – Green Cove FL (Florida) (Jr)
DT Jordan Butler 6’3” 300 – Sacramento CA (Jr)

DT Tre’von Riggins 6’2” 273 – St. Petersburg FL (Miami) (Jr)
DE Carter Hooper 6’5” 230 – Toronto, Canada (Jr)

LB Jaleel McCrae 6’2” 230 – New Smyrna Beach FL (FSU)
LB Mikel Jones 6’1” 209 – Hialeah FL
LB Gunnar Franek 6’3” 232 – Houston TX

CB Jayden Curry 5’11” 175 – Virginia Beach VA
CB Chris Shearin 5’11” 175 – Suffolk VA (Missouri)
S Briton Allen 5’11” 186 – Orlando FL
S Lejond Cavazos 6’0” 186 – San Antonio TX (Ohio St) (Jr)

K Cameron Gillis 5’6” – Budapest, Hungary
P Aidan Swanson 6’2” – Tampa FL (Clemson)

---

According to reports and rosters, IMG also lost several players this offseason who transferred back to their local schools.

Lost Logan Compton, Cypress TX TE/DE 2019
Lost Avantae Williams, Deland FL DB 2020
Lost Jermaine Burton, Marietta GA WR 2020 (transferred back to Marietta, NOW at Calabasas HS in California)
Lost Deyavie Hammond, Lakeland FL OL 2019
Lost Charles Thomas, Fairburn GA LB 2019 (Michigan)
Lost Zaire Jackson Denver CO DB 2021
ventura

Post by ventura »

I take MD and I'll give up to 10 points. As to brotherhood, I can't imagine much on either team (how could there be?), but of what there is, edge is for MD, and that makes a difference. So does home field. MD's QB will have some pressure in this contest, and if he does well, Monarchs comfortably.
leftyRosenthal

Post by leftyRosenthal »

10* Star lock of the year - MD +3.5 big, they are 4-0 ATS since last season and 2-2 on totals. Game will not be as close as most seem to think, IMG qb will be pressured to roll to his right all game long, since he’s left handed he will have no chance of completing balls down the field. MD’s dline is much faster and will get through the sloths IMG has on their oline. Many mismatches MD will cause on both sides of the ball. IMG’s defense will not be able to slow down the MD offense, which will make a for a long night. I expect MD throw the kitchen sink at them, pull out all the stops, and even show a few things we have not seen before...it should be a good one!
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Ventura, you have to look!

When you have guys comming in, playing same position, like Harper and Dollars, who have some chem that helps, then Rollo factor, Brotherhood and Team, I see it and am giving it the respect it deserves. Beyond the noise, it is what makes the game of football so meaningful and special.

You do have to look and it’s Game Day!!!

GO DIABLOS GO MONARCHS...

Also been around long enough to know a win for SoCal is a win fot the SS, SC and all SoCal who play common opponents.
Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam »

Omar Bongo wrote:
Sorry you take such great exception to quotes from 1) the leader of your political party and 2) the most prominent conservative journalist in America.
You assume quite a bit here that is rather questionable. I am not a member of any political party. And while George Will used to have some interesting things to say about baseball, he has otherwise become a whiny bore--like most NeverTrump so-called "conservatives."
Omar Bongo wrote:That must be particularly galling for you.
Not as galling as it must be for you that it is now Day #610 of the Trump Presidency.

I sincerely wish your team (the Monarchs--not the Libs) the best of luck tonight: no injuries and an entertaining game.
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Forgot to add DJ Turner, IMG 2019 starting CB 5’11 175 from Suwannee GA, committed to Michigan. Probably will match up with Bru McCoy most of the game. That could be a key matchup if Bryce Young is going to have sucesss, considering MD hasn’t established a true #2 WR with Huffman-Dixon out, and mostly has used Martinez and Dollars as their next best receiving options.

I think this game will come down to (1) can IMG run the ball with those two big talented RBs, and (2) will Bryce Young and that big MD OLine have success against the college level pass rush of IMG?

If IMG runs wild on O and puts BY on his back regularly, it’s going to be a long night for MD. If MD makes Baldwin and/or Lucero force throws against maybe the best secondary in the country, and blocks well enough to let Bryce and MD’s skill kids make plays ala Gorman, then MD could win comfortably.

Time for talking tough is over. Strap it up, go see who really “wanted all that smoke.”
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Bosco fans watching this game saying their Hail Marys that MD doesn’t lose so they can play them in a national 1 v 2 league game in a few weeks.

Sondheimer right there with them, saying the ashram.
leftyRosenthal

Post by leftyRosenthal »

Incredible stuff! Two of the few trick plays the kids have been talking about all week the double hand off pitch back to the qb pass and Myles being an eligible receiver have gone for td’s!!! There’s one more coming! What a game!
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Wow what a finish
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
americanhero

Post by americanhero »

Congratulations Mater Dei. Fantastic game.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

I don't even want to think about Bosco in 3 weeks...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Professor Fate wrote:Go Ascenders!
Your streak is intact. Be sure to root for Bosco Oct. 12
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

You wanted the smoke...We brought the smoke...

PRIDE POISE COURAGE
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Dave Money was the Real MVP in this one. Had MD looking like Boise State 2006 out there. Misdirection perfection.

Some might say the key play in this game involved a MD offensive lineman who had to report in as ELIGIBLE. Not ironic at all.

Way to Rep Tha West Monarchs.
Eddyr2

Post by Eddyr2 »

#beatservite
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Calpreps has already updated their national computer rankings

New # 1 is...SJB
George Will

Donald Trump
SK80

Post by SK80 »

Shouldn't that win move MD to #1 considering the IMG add to strength of schedule?
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

It must be Mater Dei's shocking upset loss to Bishop Amat that keeps them at #2.
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Historic win for MD and the Southern Section. Now every game will have even more weight, not too often a team will play different number one's in the nation and perhaps multiple times.

Also many of the polls are not updated yet, I suspect MD will be #1 in a couple by Tuesday...Good that MD self reported asap...

Creative gaming to say the least!!!