Mater Dei-IMG

hit the lights

Re: Mater Dei-IMG

Post by hit the lights » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:54 am

If MD beats Bosco and all others,
Leaving " No Doubt", then MD will be number 1 again... National champs.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:09 am

Huuuge "if"
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:17 am

HTL grab the reigns! Yes, {INSERT HUGE "IF" HERE} then obviously your observation and/or conclusion is logic.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:29 am

Was at the game, here are my :2cents:

MD out coached IMG. Flea flicker, pass to eligible lineman and they almost pulled off the onside kick. The final drive was just an awesome ending with Bryce looking the DE into Harper and taking it in for the TD. Hat's off to coach Money and the boys for executing the gameplan.

I think the IMG TD pass was assisted by the ground after watching the replay. the ball was on his left side and ref on the right. no replay, so, IMG gets that call.

Both teams had a lot of penalties. IMG's two ejections. The refs seem to have zero tolerance for big hits or anything around the head. That is the new normal and coaches/players should just accept it or they will be hitting the showers.

The bowl was packed, looked like a bigger crowd than last season's Gorman game.

Eddie West Field, where winning streaks come to die! :)

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:34 am

I don’t think the if is huge at all, even Money...Dave.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:38 am

hit the lights wrote:If MD beats Bosco and all others,
And Orange County will react with a collective yawn. This should be a big deal, but it’s not.

No one outside of MD faithful cared about last years team either. They should have been celebrated but the results just seemed inevitable.

This is the price paid for the new direction of the program. Anything less than a National Championship is a failure.

Watching last nights game, too many penalties, too soft against the run, happy they repped CA.
Last edited by dont be that guy on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:42 am

The Salty is strong with this one, yes.
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:49 am

dont be that guy wrote: Anything less than a National Championship is a failure.
Um yeah, okay... :roll:
jb914 wrote: MD out coached IMG
Kinda like MD-Poly in the late 90s...MD=coaching and execution, IMG=undisciplined raw talent

Speaking of flashbacks that RB was what Earl Campbell must have been like in HS... :shock:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:50 am

dont be that guy wrote:And Orange County will react with a collective yawn. This should be a big deal, but it’s not.

No one outside of MD faithful cared about last years team either. They should have been celebrated but the results just seemed inevitable.

This is the price paid for the new direction of the program. Anything less than a National Championship is a failure.

Watching last nights game, too many penalties, too soft against the run, happy they repped CA.
Why don't you go and tackle Cain or Sanders and report back if the MD defense is soft.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:52 am

Um yeah, okay... :roll:

So, MD fans would see an exit in the semis versus MV or CC as a success? Okaay!

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:55 am

So there's nothing between a CIF-SS semi-final exit and a national championship...um yeah, okay... :roll:
George Will

Donald Trump

americanhero

Post by americanhero » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:27 am

hit the lights wrote:If MD beats Bosco and all others,
The path for both is as straight forward as you could want it to be. Win out and and win the National Championship. My Mater Dei cheering yesterday was a one time event but entirely justified.

Domingo

Post by Domingo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:20 am

Predictable outcome. IMG West had a QB, IMG Florida did not. That was the difference in the game. IMG Florida maybe had 70 yards passing. Their offense consisted of runs up the middle behind a big offensive line. Nothing more. IMG West much more balanced and should have won this game convincingly.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:59 am

There are many reasons why games turn out as they do. However, one glaring reason IMG lost is their inexplicable decision to continue throwing the ball. When you have two of the top four runningbacks in the country, an offensive line as big as that of many colleges, and an opposing defense that seemed to have no consistent answer for that combination, repeatedly going back to the pass was a moronic strategy.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:33 pm

I agree with MDDad, if Rollo had 6 & 7 and a line that big there would never had been a pass. I have been asked if Md could beat a lower level college team and there may have been your answer. For you who were not there the size difference was remarkable. When 5 was thrown out 15 should have gone too, he had Harper by the facemask and completely whipped him around and 15 knew it. You could see by his reactions on film that he thought it was him.
However the refs were looking at the IMG #5 trying to pull off McCoy's facemask, he got all the attention. The holding on Harper late in the 2nd quarter was a ridiculously fathom call. Tough game for the refs. Team play beats brute force.

longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:15 pm

i watched MD's first Varsity Football game and have followed them all these years--have never
missed an MD Servite game---The last drive of the game was the best I have seen---having
to come from behaind with 3 minutes left in the game and the pressure that prevailed---
Young proved his talent and leadership hitting all six of the passess he attempted and
his scoring play was a beauty---Rollo and his staff prepared the team and outcoached
IMG coaches ---I agree with MD Dad---with two timeouts remaining and when it was 3rd
and 2 why didn't they run for the first down?? even 4th and 2??? Those running backs
were brutes and very talented and that huge line---MD did stop them at times===but
with the game on the line---go to your strength!!!

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:15 pm

by longtimeobserver » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:15 pm

i watched MD's first Varsity Football game and have followed them all these years--have never
missed an MD Servite game---The last drive of the game was the best I have seen---having
to come from behaind with 3 minutes left in the game and the pressure that prevailed---
Young proved his talent and leadership hitting all six of the passess he attempted and
his scoring play was a beauty---Rollo and his staff prepared the team and outcoached
IMG coaches
2014 MD vs Servite at Cerritos College MD pulled a long late 4th qtr drive to score and go up leaving Servite a short clock and a long field. MD prevailed. That loss caused the spontaneous combustion of the Servite football (That one's for you Professor!)
by longtimeobserver » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:15 pm
I agree with MD Dad---with two timeouts remaining and when it was 3rd
and 2 why didn't they run for the first down?? even 4th and 2??? Those running backs
were brutes and very talented and that huge line---MD did stop them at times===but
with the game on the line---go to your strength!!!
obviously, they didn't watch the 2016 CIF Championship game where Bosco ran at will against MD. Poor coaching IHMO. That was baffling why IMG didn't run the ball. Those two backs were carrying 2-3 guys every tackle, even Bru and Criddle a few times. :shock:

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:26 pm

jb914 wrote:
2014 MD vs Servite at Cerritos College MD pulled a long late 4th qtr drive to score and go up leaving Servite a short clock and a long field.
Yeah that was an amazing performance by the Monarchs. :roll: They injured our star QB early in the 1st quarter, and we had no capable replacement. Even so, the mighty Monarchs had to come from behind late in the fourth quarter, to win by 3 points.

How very impressive.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:33 pm

I think the have s vs the have nots is where it's at.
All these big time teams / money programs are feeder programs or farm systems for college football.
Then the little guys can fight it out for the next tier.
Schools like IMG, Gorman, possibly Oaks Christian, places where kids live, sleep eat and play football, oh yeah and go to school . Last night was so cal and its transfers / recruits vs a Global team in IMG. So Cal won, and we are not sure if MD is the best in so cal yet??
Bosco
CC
??

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:00 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Yeah that was an amazing performance by the Monarchs. :roll: They injured our star QB early in the 1st quarter, and we had no capable replacement. Even so, the mighty Monarchs had to come from behind late in the fourth quarter, to win by 3 points.

How very impressive.
Your cramps are back professor. Time for another Midol.