Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Sunsets Truth
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:03 am

Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by Sunsets Truth »

Some funny reason I think Servite will roll in this game.
OCHSSportsNut
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:06 pm

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by OCHSSportsNut »

Sunsets Truth wrote:Some funny reason I think Servite will roll in this game.
Me too, I think this is the year Servite bitch slaps the Monarch's! I know the Friar's know they are going to thump the butterflies and it will be a pleasure to see this!
User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by Notorious »

I don't know about roll, I think they should win, ND's defense is pretty young I hear and Saugus has absolutely no defense. I don't think Servite will score enough to make it look like they rolled but I think they win convincingly.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
edac25
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by edac25 »

Notorious wrote:I don't know about roll, I think they should win, ND's defense is pretty young I hear and Saugus has absolutely no defense. I don't think Servite will score enough to make it look like they rolled but I think they win convincingly.
From what I saw of ND on TV the other day, they look like they're gonna put some points on the board. That QB is a better "High School" QB that Crist was last year cause the kid can beat you with his legs as well. Reminds me of the Forcier kids.

To be honest, as long as we get out of that game without any injuries, I could care less what the score is. I hope Coach Thomas and Coah D play it close to the vest and not "show" anything. They have to know Rollo and his boys will be there observing every snap. Don't give 'em anything they're gonna see the week after. If it costs you a "W", so be it. Save it for when it counts.
edac25
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by edac25 »

OCHSSportsNut wrote: Me too, I think this is the year Servite bitch slaps the Monarch's! I know the Friar's know they are going to thump the butterflies and it will be a pleasure to see this!
An MD Homer using a fake alias to pose as a Servite guy in order to create Bulletin Board material for his Monarchs. How pathetic. I guess you realize you need all the help you can get this year huh?
User avatar
Ramon
Posts: 7090
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:53 am

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by Ramon »

edac25 wrote:An MD Homer using a fake alias to pose as a Servite guy in order to create Bulletin Board material for his Monarchs. How pathetic. I guess you realize you need all the help you can get this year huh?
I thought so too Edac...But this "Nut" is all over the board...Your Friar's might just be a consensus favorite with two weeks till the big game.
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions
AF1$H$2
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:16 pm

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by AF1$H$2 »

Notorious wrote:I don't know about roll, I think they should win, ND's defense is pretty young I hear and Saugus has absolutely no defense. I don't think Servite will score enough to make it look like they rolled but I think they win convincingly.

What was the Notre Dame v. Servite score last year?
joefutbol
Posts: 5266
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by joefutbol »

AF1$H$2 wrote:

What was the Notre Dame v. Servite score last year?
17-9, with a safety intentionally given up by ND with time running out. (from what I remember)
AF1$H$2
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:16 pm

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by AF1$H$2 »

joefutbol wrote:
17-9, with a safety intentionally given up by ND with time running out. (from what I remember)

Servite didn't have their MLB for that game. I think they are pretty healthy this time around with last week's bye
joefutbol
Posts: 5266
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by joefutbol »

AF1$H$2 wrote:

Servite didn't have their MLB for that game. I think they are pretty healthy this time around with last week's bye
I don't think Shoemate had but a handful of carries that game, they didn't really line him up at RB until league play began. Had he been given 30+ carries like he was against OLU, they probably had a good shot at pulling off a victory. The way I see it, the first 5 games are there to work out the kinks anyway, save your "A" game for league.
ventura
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by ventura »

edac25 wrote: I hope Coach Thomas and Coah D play it close to the vest and not "show" anything. They have to know Rollo and his boys will be there observing every snap. Don't give 'em anything they're gonna see the week after. If it costs you a "W", so be it. Save it for when it counts.

Don't think that's gonna happen, Edac. Though it is probably not what it was (maturity plays a part in this), Coach Thomas thinks of ND as a BIG rival, no matter where he coaches. The animus gained from decades of war with the ND Knights is still there.

Classic. He's fighting with a different weapon, but it's the same war. Thomas wants to beat ND, almost as much as MD, IMO.

I said on the other site: 38-17 Servite. If it's close or ND gets the W, ND wins Serra. Servite is GOOD this year. Solid players all over the field.

Ventura
joefutbol
Posts: 5266
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by joefutbol »

ventura wrote:

Don't think that's gonna happen, Edac. Though it is probably not what it was (maturity plays a part in this), Coach Thomas thinks of ND as a BIG rival, no matter where he coaches. The animus gained from decades of war with the ND Knights is still there.

Classic. He's fighting with a different weapon, but it's the same war. Thomas wants to beat ND, almost as much as MD, IMO.

I said on the other site: 38-17 Servite. If it's close or ND gets the W, ND wins Serra. Servite is GOOD this year. Solid players all over the field.

Ventura
I wouldn't say that is necessarily true. As I stated above, they didn't show much as far as Shoemate at RB against ND last year, and they finished 4-1 in league, riding DJ the whole way.
ventura
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by ventura »

joefutbol wrote: Ventura
I wouldn't say that is necessarily true. As I stated above, they didn't show much as far as Shoemate at RB against ND last year, and they finished 4-1 in league, riding DJ the whole way.[/quote]



Good point, Joe. Dang, wish it was up here. You'll have to tell me when it's said and done whether or not you think stealth weapons were kept under wraps. The Servite secondary will be tested. If there is a weakness, that's it.

Sticking with my prediction, though.

Ventura
RPW

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by RPW »

joefutbol wrote:
I wouldn't say that is necessarily true. As I stated above, they didn't show much as far as Shoemate at RB against ND last year, and they finished 4-1 in league, riding DJ the whole way.

I said it during the summer, Portis is going to run like he is pissed off and so far this year he has held true. Fajardo* is doing a great job and getting better each game. Thinking Servite will win this by a field goal.. 45 yards with NO DAMN TEE.




*remember the commercial "Watch your blind side rookie"? Well I know you can run but will you slide or get out of bounds? No more running with no helmet and stuff. Not smart football.
ExRep
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:07 pm

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by ExRep »

joefutbol wrote:
I don't think Shoemate had but a handful of carries that game, they didn't really line him up at RB until league play began. Had he been given 30+ carries like he was against OLU, they probably had a good shot at pulling off a victory. The way I see it, the first 5 games are there to work out the kinks anyway, save your "A" game for league.
Shoemate was used ineffectively....barely touched the ball. Also remember that Kalil was out with his injury. Lessons were learned from that game and adjustments were made for the Santa Margarita contest the next week. Shoemate began playing a major role from there on out..."Feed the Beast" as Thomas would say. I've watched the game film several times in the last few months and that the Notre Dame game was closer than the score would indicate. Oh well.

Ex
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz
User avatar
rvoltes5
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:48 pm

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by rvoltes5 »

RMOnAir wrote: I thought so too Edac...But this "Nut" is all over the board...Your Friar's might just be a consensus favorite with two weeks till the big game.
First of...much respect for you RMOnAir. Always enjoy your posts.

I don't know man. MD has a bye. 2 weeks to fix the armor. MD is still dangerous. Plus MD has 2 weeks to focus on Servite.

If Servite over looks a very good ND team...ay yay yay...

Hope to see you at the game my friend.
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS
slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by slowyoroll »

Not too many of you seem to be interested in this game. I am. ND is 4-0, have they been tested at all this year?
Is there any chance they will roll on Servite? From what I remember they had a nice QB last year. Is he still there?


Kicks
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
RPW

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by RPW »

kicks2 wrote:Not too many of you seem to be interested in this game. I am. ND is 4-0, have they been tested at all this year?
Is there any chance they will roll on Servite? From what I remember they had a nice QB last year. Is he still there?


Kicks

That QB is now at Notre Dame University.
This years QB is a scramlber and with there option spread this game with be tough.
Us regular folks might look past this but I understand Servite is in full game mode.
Last edited by RPW on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ANWK
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:31 pm

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by ANWK »

RPW wrote:

That QB is not at Notre Dame University.
This years QB is a scramlber and with there option spread this game with be tough.
Us regular folks might look past this but I understand Servite is in full game mode.
I know of a few that have been rockin RED this week so I know for a fact they are thinking ND. Next week I no fo shizzle there will not be any RED being worn on La Palma. Hungry brothas just taking their time this year.
RPW

Re: Servite vs. ND of S.O.

Post by RPW »

ANWK wrote:
I know of a few that have been rockin RED this week so I know for a fact they are thinking ND. Next week I no fo shizzle there will not be any RED being worn on La Palma. Hungry brothas just taking their time this year.

Is it true they don't even use Castup for their fries?
Post Reply