It's Servite-Mater Dei Week...ssshhhhhhhhh

MDDad

Re: It's Servite-Mater Dei Week...ssshhhhhhhhh

Post by MDDad » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:39 pm

Professor Fate wrote:it produced a proud moment...a successful goal line stand against the #1 or #2 (rated) team in the nation.
Since you've developed quite an imagination for obscuring what really happens, allow me to correct your statement to make it a little more reflective of the truth: "a successful goal line stand against the JV players of the #1 or #2 (rated) team in the nation."

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:52 pm

I remember that was mentioned in this forum last year, when discussing last years MD-Servite game, Troy Thomas getting rid of Matt Mitchell as Offensive Coordinator was listed as another huge factor for Servite's downfall as well

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:53 pm

MDDad wrote: allow me to correct your statement to make it a little more reflective of the truth: "a successful goal line stand against the JV players of the #1 or #2 (rated) team in the nation."
Oh, I see...the local boys who would have been starting if not for all the transfers. Got it.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:23 pm

“Oh, I see...the local boys who would have been starting if not for all the transfers. Got it.“

C’mon MDDad. Referring to the non transfer kids as the JV is really low. Those kids use to be the pride of the program now you trash them just so you can rub in Servite’s face.

There is no honor in the game you are playing.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:32 am

Professor Fate wrote:Servite will lose badly. 56-10 if we are lucky.
This is trashing your own players

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:12 am

No. That is being realistic. There is a difference between “MD has a ridiculous amount of talent, it’s unlikely we’ll be able to compete” and “you had a goal line stand against our crummy JV guys (MD’s non-transfer kids).” MDDad was trashing his own kids to embarrass Servite.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:10 am

The eleven kids who played on that last offensive series were almost all JV starters. How is that trashing anybody?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:22 am

“you had a goal line stand against our crummy JV guys (MD’s non-transfer kids).”

That's not what he said. Quotation marks have meaning. You'll be more persuasive if you don't make **** up.

I would venture that the JV players on a highly nationally ranked team are very possibly just as talented as the varsity players on an average one. You saw the game...would you agree?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:54 am

“a successful goal line stand against the JV players

That is exactly wha he said. Using bold and italics to emphasize that Servite’s moment of glory can against JV players

What exactly do you think he meant by that?

And yes, MD’s JV players are just as talented as most teams varsity players. That’s the point. These are varsity players who are getting bumped out of their starting spots by Senior transfers. Don’t make fun of them, they are the ones getting screwed.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:55 am

What did people expect from Thomas in his first year back. He has a plan and his young guys are the ones who will make the difference. You cannot change the fact that TT is the right guy, but he has to change the mindset and the cancer, to get back to a state championship, or a cif title. Everything goes in cycles, Servite and Thomas will be back soon, sometimes you have to go through hell to get to Heaven.

The Old Gym

Post by The Old Gym » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:00 am

If you think that QB would have ever started a game at a competitive high school then LOL

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:02 am

I said average

Doesn't anybody here speak English?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:03 am

dont be that guy wrote: That is exactly wha he said.
He said “a successful goal line stand against the JV players”

You said he said “you had a goal line stand against our crummy JV guys (MD’s non-transfer kids).”

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?
George Will

Donald Trump

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:06 am

TT needs to get rid of the entitled players and parents and get back to the hungry hard working guys like Matt Inman, Cody Fajardo, etc..... Leaders not Me guys! Guys that put team infront of self.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:14 am

Ditch the bagpipe dude for a jet black pit bull mascot named CREDO
George Will

Donald Trump

The Old Gym

Post by The Old Gym » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:54 am

Did said dog take the appropriate number of religion classes??

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:08 am

Nice Sesame Street callback but, yeah they are the same thing. I just added the inference. When you bold and italicize “JV players” the attempt is to degrade them and, by extension, Servite.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:28 am

If I had the time, I'm sure I could find a couple hundred posts where someone said "so and so scored after we put in our reserves". Or "so and so didn't score until our second stringers were in the game". Or "so and so only scored once our JV players were inserted." Were all those posters also degrading their reserves, second stringers, JV players and Servite, or is it just me?

I'm sure you know that when someone corrects or edits another's statement, the correction is often bolded and italicized to make it easier to identify. It's been done countless times on this forum. And if there was any attempt to deceive or trash, perhaps it was the Professor's implication by omission in his original statement.

And by the way, yesterday afternoon I also posted "Red, I agree. Servite was outgunned, but played with intensity and a swarming style on defense that will help them in the future. They proved that having less talent is only a reason to play harder." Maybe you can parse that statement to find a way I degraded our JV's and Servite as well.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:36 am

dont be that guy wrote:Sesame Street callback
I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I like it.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:22 am

MDDad wrote: by MDDad » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:10 am

The eleven kids who played on that last offensive series were almost all JV starters. How is that trashing anybody?
Postby The Old Gym » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:00 am

If you think that QB would have ever started a game at a competitive high school then LOL
There were four seniors on the field for Mater Dei. Are seniors allowed to play JV now?

And I wonder how a great Monarch family like the O'Hara family felt about you two insulting him and calling him a JV player.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020