A Bosco JSerra D1 final

Playthegame

A Bosco JSerra D1 final

Post by Playthegame »

Calling it now...

Very hard to be a team twice in a season especially if close in talent and coaching...

Remember when MD was a power in D1? Back when Daniels was there...
SK80

Re: A Bosco JSerra D1 final

Post by SK80 »

:hide:
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
SoCalFball

Post by SoCalFball »

I wouldn’t write off CC this year since it seems they actually have a good defense for once.
RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner »

Also Oaks Christian & MV will push teams...
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"
jb914

Post by jb914 »

SK80 wrote::hide:
CDM hiding under a chair just like when you ducked playing Los Al. :lol:
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

They did play and it was a 7-7 tie...or did I get that wrong, only saw a picture...also since teams are in different divisions if they tie...they both get first home games...work smart not hard?
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Playthegame wrote:...also since teams are in different divisions if they tie...they both get first home games...
I don't think that's true. When teams tie for the league title, the league must still designate one team as the league's #1 representative for the playoffs, and the other as the league's #2. If head-to-head results don't decide the issue, most leagues resort to a coin flip. I have to assume that's still true even if the teams are in different divisions.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

CDM didn't duck Los Alamitos nor any other team. Did you go to the game jb914? No disrespect at all to Los Alamitos but CDM basically had no problem moving the football. There was nothing to duck. Same for Los Alamitos playersI am sure they too we not wanting to duck.

It is a very interesting social story non the less, how everyone wants to pin it on one side. Actually Los Alamitos said "no" to more options than CDM. I wonder why this is :eh?: when the majority of the finger pointers had yet to or do not even know the goings on between two coaches?

Like many of you said during the summer, CDM will have a target on it's back..., yup for being CDM.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
2002tony

Post by 2002tony »

I agree MDDad, there can only be one team designated as a leagues number 1,2,3. even in the choices for the at-large bid.
if there is going to be 3 teams from one league (Trinity) to be put into the mix for choosing an at large team (team A,B,C for the 4th 5th and 6th place teams that order must be submitted in case there was a tie) only one team at a time from a league is in the pool of team to be judged against all other teams in the pool.

If that first at large bid goes to that team A, then team B gets into the pool to be judged against all the other teams. If team B gets that at-large bid and there is another at- large bid to be given out, then team C goes into the pool and judged against all other teams.

If team A does not get the first at-large bid and it goes to some other team, then team A is still in the pool of teams to be judged for the next at-large bid and teams B and C are still waiting to get into the pool.
jb914

Post by jb914 »

SK80 wrote:CDM didn't duck Los Alamitos nor any other team. Did you go to the game jb914? No disrespect at all to Los Alamitos but CDM basically had no problem moving the football. There was nothing to duck. Same for Los Alamitos playersI am sure they too we not wanting to duck.
CDM.
SK80, I'm Switzerland here, buddy. :D I don't have a dog in this fight, but, why couldn't CDM play the game at Los Al during the day? What is the reason? They were the home team AND they have the biggest fundraiser for sports that night.

CDM's D4 and Los Al is D2. So, I guess it's all about CIF seeding. --:--

Shoulda let the kids play. :2cents:
Cdm96

Post by Cdm96 »

SK80, I'm Switzerland here, buddy. :D I don't have a dog in this fight, but, why couldn't CDM play the game at Los Al during the day? What is the reason? They were the home team AND they have the biggest fundraiser for sports that night.
For the record, CDM would not play at Los Al because there is no press box or filming facilities. If you have ever been to a CDM game, you will see they do all their play calling on both sides from the press box. Every other varisty facility (including small venues like Jserra) has a press box. CDM inquired about renting a scissor lift at Los Al, but was told that scissor lifts cannot be used during rain. CDM offered to play on Saturday afternoon or Monday evening at any other facilty including Cerritos College, but were turned down.

You can say what you want about CDM, but those are all facts. I still have tremendous respect for both programs and wish this game could have been played. I will be rooting for Los Al and CDM to go far in their respective playoff divisions.

Now let's get back to what this thread was originally about!
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Fyi, if the game had been played on Monday, both teams could have not played again until
the Saturday of that week, re: can only play two games in eight days, thus both teams would
have had to reschedule if they would have been playing on the Friday on that week.
jb914

Post by jb914 »

They shoulda let the kids play. It's a weather postponed game and there needs to be a compromise. Neither team would have a press box. The times available were morning or early afternoon due to the fundraiser.

Hell, you CDM'ers got $ go buy some drones and film the game. :lol: Heck, half the kids at your school have drones and could stream via facebook live or on Twitch. Then you coulda had an RV where your coaching staff could watch in the climate-controlled comfort while drinking latte's. :D
Cdm96

Post by Cdm96 »

both teams would
have had to reschedule if they would have been playing on the Friday on that week.
This is not true. Cif approved the Monday game, knowing both teams had a game that Friday. I'm guessing by that point both teams were ready to move on.

I agree that there should have been more compromises on both sides. It is a shame to see the kids on both sides work hard all week and not get to play. I hope both teams have good games tonight and a good run in the playoffs.
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks »

I’ll take Servite over OLu 29-28. Wait, that was ...
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

So much for a hangover. JSerra getting shutout and Bru McCoy'd so far. Bru just went over the top of 6'3" Tarik Luckett on a jump ball TD from inside the 10 like he was a Pop Warner player. Had another 50 yarder called off because of a "bobble" in the endzone (no replay available in HS unfortunately).

No rhythm for the Lions on offense - cant run the ball, penalties, terrible field position and giving MD short fields. Getting suffocated by the MD defense, especially the secondary. Doesnt look like Harlow has Lions prepared to play tonight.

JSerra on that STRUGGLE bus tonight. MD wisely taking advantage of their huge mismatch advantages in the passing game, all over the field. Lions inexplicably dedicated to playing 1 on 1 down the field. Styles make fights, and this matchup looks a lot worse for JSerra than the Bosco or Pinnacle games that were so relied upon by some in predicting this one.

That JSerra-Bosco D1final looking unlikely.
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

After back judge claims Bru McCoy bobbled what would have been about a 50 yd TD catch in the back of the endzone, Bryce Young finds Cam Gardner WIDE OPEN in the flat, runs it down inside the 10. Lions lose their composure, get a taunting penalty, moves MD inside the 3. Shakobe Harper powers in untouched, blows a kiss into the stunned JSerra student section.

8:25 left in the 1st half. 21-0 MD. JSerra getting embarrassed on their own campus, so far. Caden Bell looks rattled; inaccurate balls, been under pressure all night. Chris Street getting absolutely stoned by his old teammates. Former MD freshman coach (and former Edison HS OC) Eric Rescigno's Lion offense has now scored exactly 3 points against MD's defense in 5.5 quarters.
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

JSerra gets their first big time play all night. Dontrelle Morris Walker intercepts an attempted screen pass to Bru that Bryce Young inexplicably rushed. Street follows up with a tackle busting run for about 20 yards ... that is brought back due to offsetting holding and PF penalties. Caden Bell then takes a sprint option to the right, cuts it back and scores from 39 yards out. He needed that.

Big time series of plays for JSerra; forced turnover with good coverage and pressure, busted a couple of solid runs and finally get in the endzone.

On the play, Tarik Luckett called for about his 3rd personal foul, again offsetting penalties. Maybe this is a bigger rivalry than I realized, but has been one of the chippiest halves of football all season between these teams. Mostly between Luckett and the MD secondary. Luckett was woofing with the MD defenders after the TD, Harlow came over and shut it down. Luckett then removed helmet, gloves, marched off the field to the locker room, appeared to be weeping. WIll see if he returns to the game.
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

JSerra just cannot deal with Mr. McCoy. He catches a quick bubble hitch in the flat and breaks a tackle, takes it down the sideline for 15 on the first play of the drive - JSerra sideline woofing at him, that's probably ill-advised. Then he drops what could have been a 60 plus yard TD on the next play, wide open, having beaten soph. MD transfer CB Zamajay Duncan by 5 yards downfield.

Lions struggling to get consistent pressure on Bryce Young; Shawn Neilsen has had some penetration but inconsistent and not finishing in the backfield with chances. Bryce is so slippery and patient against the rush, its got to be frustrating as a pass rusher.

Then another BIG PLAY for the Lions. MD was driving at midfield, about 3:30 remaining first half - intercepted by Duncan. Takes return back inside the MD 35 ... but the officials throw about the 25th flag of the first half for unsportsmanlike conduct on basically the entire JSerra team and coaches, who rushed the field after the turnover. Flag then waved off.

Looked like Bryce and Bru were mixed up on the route there, Duncan simply sat in the flat and caught it with his chest. Regardless, another bad decision by Bryce to let that one go, and another turnover that could get JSerra back in this one before half, having played bad football for most of this one.
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

JSerra cannot punch in the big opportunity off the turnover before the half. Monarchs get the ball back deep in their own territory, and Shawn Neilsen finally gets home on a sack of Bryce Young.

BIGGER ISSUE ON THE PLAY: MD star junior LT Myles Murao, the top rated junior OL on the West Coast, goes down with what appears to be a very serious lower right leg injury. Was immediately writhing in pain, not movign his right leg, stayed on the field for more than 5 minutes before being carried off the field by teammates, putting no weight on his leg. Doesnt look good, hope the best for the young man. HUGE loss.