San Clemente vs Mission Viejo prediction

SK80

Re: San Clemente vs Mission Viejo prediction

Post by SK80 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:00 pm

Bunch of wiz kid geniuses here on this thread..... :bonk:
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:40 am

Well , looks like one town, one team beat the MV transfers. WOW!!
Outcoached? Turnovers and more penalties for the Diablos. Undisciplined. D-1 gonna be tough. MD, JSerra , etc..

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:47 am

Side note,with this game being probably the biggest upset of the year, hasnt been done since 1999, where does this put CDM?
Are they number 3 in the county now? It would have helped their case if they would have played that Los AL game out.
How does SC beat MV with a back up QB who specializes in Golf??
What a difference a year makes at MV. SC has that one city, family vs your team vibe going and its really doing some damage to south county right now. LACK OF diSCipline has really hurt the diablos this year, and usually stems from lack of leadership. Would this have happened if BJ was still there ?? Only putting up 20 points with all their talent is really unacceptable. Where is the team that beat VP, LH, OLU, and Upland? I think the forefits really created a dark cloud on the team and they now might not make the playoffs, or will get Bosco. lol.?

Red

Post by Red » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:16 am

How about dem Devils!
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:22 am

They are right where they should be, NOT in the top echelon of Div. ! who the HELL is VP,LH,OLU, and UPLAND, not teams you would want to use to enhance your resume.

Those teams are average at best, MV is a nice mid pack Div. 1 program, the glory days ( of getting anyone in South Orange County via AG program or Johnson recruiting ) are OVER, the new guy has NO connection like the Johnsons had.

Love em, or hate em, the JOHNSON"S knew how to get players no matter what. This guy isn't the offensive genius he was made out to be, you NEED PLAYERS, and I don't see him getting them locally, no connection, and too much competition in the south county, at Bosco he had POLY, Lakewood. Los Al right in his back yard, easy pickings, not now!

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:21 am

Daforno your degradation and disrespect of excellent public high school football programs is offensive.

Otherwise using a rational perspective, it really appears in publics we have some real good parody. In recent years we have not had this. MV obviously at the top of the heap for many a reason discussed season after season. La Habra has looked at times to be that team as well. Now there is argument for many more whom just might be the best, and any of the arguments would lead to much debate.

What else is good in this moment that even if one school could claim it, it doesn't appear that it will be a locked for a duration of time. I think schools like SC will always be there in the mix. One town one team. I think La Habra as well fits the mold. Los Alamitos, CDM , VP could all make a run and have back up to say the may be the #1 team in the OC. Capo was right there.

Bottom line, good times for fans when there is parity at the top.
Last edited by SK80 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:29 am

I think you mean parity...what the hell, parody works just as well
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:36 am

Thank you Omar. #KeyboardPolice
59196537-miniature-police-officer-on-top-of-computer-keyboard-internet-piracy-and-criminality-cpncept-.jpg
59196537-miniature-police-officer-on-top-of-computer-keyboard-internet-piracy-and-criminality-cpncept-.jpg (14.77 KiB) Viewed 1166 times

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:52 am

Calling a team mid pack Div 1 is disrespectful?

That's what they are, talk about sensitive, grow a pair

By the way how does this MV team commit 14 penalties ( including 8 personal fouls ) according to the article in todays Register deserve elite status.

That's a penalty EVERY 3.5 minutes, and if you consider that you have the ball 1/2 the time, that's a penalty EVERY 1.5 minutes

MD commits a boat load of penalties BUT WINS the game, big difference!

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 am

Red wrote:How about dem Devils!

OUCH!!!

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:03 am

Love em, or hate em, the JOHNSON"S knew how to get players no matter what. This guy isn't the offensive genius he was made out to be, you NEED PLAYERS, and I don't see him getting them locally, no connection, and too much competition in the south county, at Bosco he had POLY, Lakewood. Los Al right in his back yard, easy pickings, not now!

Dafarno
Are you saying this Bob Johnson always had the best team South Orange County money could buy?

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:32 am

Interesting game last night, I thought SC was definitely pumped up in warm ups, but when the game started MV was putting the hurt on SC and after Syrr Barnes put a vicious hit on B. Costello and was called for targeting, very questionable call, but the result was a little frightening and refs just went overboard afterwards and called a few no calls, however MV as has been doing this the last two games and to a lesser extent all season and is playing stupid, undisciplined football. BJ would have gone nuts, and it would have gotten fixed.

15 yard personal fouls will kill drives and did, last night, guys called for late hits way past the play and after any possible contribution...

I am deflated and sad on one hand but...ya know it is nice to see competitive games in the SCL, Tesoro beat Capo last night and MV has at least one more competitive game to play.

The forfeit deal has cast a bit of a pall on the program for coach and admin that may or may not be translating to identity...but for the players I think discipline is the main factor. Those teams play again MV wins.

Referee situation, the game has really gone down hill with 5 refs on the field, they all want to be in the game and throw flags and when you increase the number of flag throwers guess what happens?...And it is hurting the game.

Same for both teams but the momentum gets killed and the games are unduly influenced to the point that it is no longer the same game and throw in the protection protocol and it is just a much different game.

Hearing same comments from other contests...too many refs!

Congrats to Jaime Ortiz and staff, and the San Clemente Tritons they played good enough to win, and the kicker should have kicked the PAT...but Easton was pounding and 20 20 hindsight they should have swept him out side to find a crease, also the defensive player who stopped him did a fantastic job...play of the game...

SK80 get's it...props to you sir!

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:50 pm

SK80 wrote: #KeyboardPolice
Corniest of all the trolls on the board.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Kudos PTG.

twodogs

Post by twodogs » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:17 am

OK Mission you lost put on the big boy pants and quite bitchen .You have the most transfer 's of any public school in the OC .You lost to a team not a bunch of guns for hire. Mission is constantly poaching in league teams to get the best players off each team.Play with who you got and coach up the freshman and JV teams instead of bringing in transfers and put them over kids that have gone thru the ranks.MD,Bosco,CC win by at least 50 drop down to D2 and win the big one.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:15 am

Daforno, of course MD commits a ton of penalties and wins, except vs Bosco.
With all the best players money
Can buy, you should do that.
As for calling out La Habra, Villa Park ,
CDM, Upland, Los Al, etc.. not teams to help build your reseme, is ignorant.
Not everyone can play and travel to Bishop Gorman or New Jersey, Arizona, Florida. We are in Orange County, So Cal, and I believe those teams you hate on are pretty damn good, and well coached. You don't win 7 CIF titles and 4 back to back to back to back by being bad. CDM has won some state titles, and VP is 9-0. Pretty good reseme, and that's why BJ scheduled some of those teams. SK80, why is this guy so disrespectful?? Guy is hating hard.
Must be a MD fan or Dad or coach?

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:27 am

twodogs wrote: OK Mission you lost put on the big boy pants and quite bitchen .You have the most transfer 's of any public school in the OC .You lost to a team not a bunch of guns for hire. Mission is constantly poaching in league teams to get the best players off each team.Play with who you got and coach up the freshman and JV teams instead of bringing in transfers and put them over kids that have gone thru the ranks.MD,Bosco,CC win by at least 50 drop down to D2 and win the big one.
A5A8FB96-3477-405E-B01B-90542F5F99E9.gif
A5A8FB96-3477-405E-B01B-90542F5F99E9.gif (2.06 MiB) Viewed 869 times

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:33 am

I don't hate those teams, all I said was so what, not a resume builder VP is 7-0 against who?

It doesn't matter, MV plays their ONE tough game in conference and SC has a second string QB and they lose, so I guess you are right beating VP was masterful!!!

If anyone is a hater it's you, you hate MD success, and year in and year out excellence, stop crying, MV is mid pack Div 1 and complaining about MD and what they do isn't going to improve MV's chances.

In fact now that it appears that MV will be the second place team they may not get out of the first round, ( but of course that will be MD'S fault!!!)

FBOC

Post by FBOC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:51 pm

What an absolutely embarrassing lack of performance by MV. I never thought they were as good as last year's team but my God what a disappointment. I have watched MV for a long time and can't remember a team more disappointing as this from the coaches to the players. This team has actually got worse as the year has gone on. They would not beat Villa Park if they played now. They would lose badly to OLU. There is no leadership coaches or players. No one shows any urgency, no body gets in anyone's face when they are sleep walking or comitting penalty after penalty since game one. Is there any price to pay discipline wise for all these personal fouls? How many times is Hite going to late hit the quarterback? He was taken out for one play WTF. On 2nd or 3rd down of the drive before MV scored Hite hit the quarterback way late and the ref missed it. The team is not tough they have no identity and the play calling is eratic at best. They lose to 4 loss SC with a backup QB horrible horrible horrible and this was off a freaking bye. Not taking anything away from SC I love what they do down there but MV should not lose to that team. This is not even one of there better teams. Now they have to play Tesoro who just beat Capo by 15. With another weak of practice they could certainly lose again. What a terrible terrible disappointment. I had to wait 2 days to even write this to keep it this tame.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:46 pm

hit the lights wrote: Guy is hating hard.
Must be a MD fan or Dad or coach?
Look who's talking :roll:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump