San Clemente vs Mission Viejo prediction

hit the lights

Re: San Clemente vs Mission Viejo prediction

Post by hit the lights » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:18 am

Thats right boingo, I'm talking. Did it hit a nerve again. MD fans are just happy we aren't talking about them again this week , after getting demolished by Bosco. But, yet they continue to keep talking, but that's ok.
Enjoy the fun while it lasts, don't expect to get another ring. As for, MV,
Inmates running the asylum? BJ would have been the warden who got these kids in check. MV is beating themselves and if they don't get that fixed asap, Tesoro will beat them too. MV is way too talented for this to be happening.
I think CJ doesn't want to run off any transfers, so he lets them do them, at the cost of the team. He's building HIS brand. Will MV make playoffs if they lose to Tesoro?

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 am

Don't worry they are a LOCK for the playoffs

They should run the table in Div 2 , don't sweat it!

FBOC

Post by FBOC » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:07 am

Daforno wrote:They are right where they should be, NOT in the top echelon of Div. ! who the HELL is VP,LH,OLU, and UPLAND, not teams you would want to use to enhance your resume.

Those teams are average at best, MV is a nice mid pack Div. 1 program, the glory days ( of getting anyone in South Orange County via AG program or Johnson recruiting ) are OVER, the new guy has NO connection like the Johnsons had.

Love em, or hate em, the JOHNSON"S knew how to get players no matter what. This guy isn't the offensive genius he was made out to be, you NEED PLAYERS, and I don't see him getting them locally, no connection, and too much competition in the south county, at Bosco he had POLY, Lakewood. Los Al right in his back yard, easy pickings, not now!
There is enough talent on this team. This is a coaching and leadership issue nothing more nothing less. It is straight up embarrassing bottom line. This would never happen if BJ was there.

TommyTrojan

Post by TommyTrojan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:17 am

Best part of the night might have been Coach Ortiz's twitter feed afterwards:
"Congrats on the huge win over mission Viejo and doing it the right way. It's refreshing to humanity that you can do things the right way and still win."

Take a look at Coach Johnson's absurd tweet right after Bosco beat MD the week before.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:40 am

Ortiz and staff have to be pumped, beating MV for the first time in forever, and doing it the blue collar way. Now , they get to see another home grown boy in Sears take the reigns at USC this weekend . Overlooked , but you are always a injury away from starting.
Go get it Jackie! ✌️

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:26 am

The twitter stab from San Clemente at Chad Johnson is hilarious. For CJ himself to say that Bosco is 'doing things the right way' is priceless. Oh the humanity! :lol:

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:03 am

hit the lights wrote:Ortiz and staff have to be pumped, beating MV for the first time in forever, and doing it the blue collar way. Now , they get to see another home grown boy in Sears take the reigns at USC this weekend . Overlooked , but you are always a injury away from starting.
Go get it Jackie! ✌️
Congratulations to San Clemente on a huge and well-deserved upset. But you do know the Tritons are playing with eight transfers, right?

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:09 am

"Transfers?!?..., We Don't Have No Stinkin' Transfers"! :lol:
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:23 pm

MDDad wrote:Congratulations to San Clemente on a huge and well-deserved upset. But you do know the Tritons are playing with eight transfers, right?
So "Many towns. One team"?

FBOC

Post by FBOC » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:42 pm

In all fairness this transfer thing is misleading. For example MV had 9 transfers this year only 2 are starters (2 star and a 3 star) and one who plays maybe half the time. The other 6 have no impact on the varsity team. I just figured when someone transfers it is to play but that is not the case. These are certainly not 4 and 5 star players that some schools get yearly now. I'm not sure what if any impact the San Clemente transfers are making on the varsity or if they even play.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:47 pm

FBOC, I agree. As a general rule, you can cut the total number of transfers in half and that's the number that actually plays a lot and contributes.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:11 pm

But look out FBOC. The Mater Dei honks on here will soon chime in that all that matters is the number of transfers, not how good they are. They'll tell you that it just means your school is just not as good at recruiting as theirs is.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:20 pm

OutOfState wrote: The twitter stab from San Clemente at Chad Johnson is hilarious. For CJ himself to say that Bosco is 'doing things the right way' is priceless. Oh the humanity!
For a while I thought Jaime Ortiz ghostwriting the Triton Football Twitter was more than a little gratuitous (it probably still is) ... until he absolutely BARBEQUED Chad Johnson with perfectly timed fire, MINUTES after ripping the SCL title away from him on the field.

For CJ to have the sheer audacity and pettiness to post this nonsense after the SJB-MD game, living vicariously through his buddies “doing it the right way” back at Bosco ...
F6DCEBB0-0A6F-43D4-9C9F-8A6FA6DBA9D7.jpeg
Well well, I guess we know that Chad hasnt let it go that he got disembowled by the Monarchs in his last game at Bosco.

But then for Ortiz to play the long game, waiting for the right moment to ROAST HIM with this ...
CDF3ED45-A6C4-4124-AFE1-7FC0D14FD933.jpeg
Ortiz would get my OC COY vote just for cooking Johnson like that, let alone for snatching the league away from the Diablos while playing with a backup QB.

That matchup looks to be a real rivalry going forward. May just have to keep an eye on a couple local Twitter accounts this offseason, and on some future pre and post game coaches chats.

SALUTE to you Jaime #8Mile
:cheers: :lol:

FBOC

Post by FBOC » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:03 pm

MDDad wrote:FBOC, I agree. As a general rule, you can cut the total number of transfers in half and that's the number that actually plays a lot and contributes.
Looks closer to 25% at MV. Two starters out of 9. I'm sure it's closer to 75% in the Trinity. I'm sure that MD is not taking a Sr transfer less than 4 stars. Probably the entire Trinity for that matter.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:22 pm

FBOC wrote: I'm sure that MD is not taking a Sr transfer less than 4 stars. Probably the entire Trinity for that matter.
WR Cam Gardner
DT Evan Bennett
OL Luke Felix Fualalo

You mean other than those guys? And DL Samuela Tuihalamaka last season?

Bosco took these lightly recruited senior rentals last season in a failed effort to bolster the OL and compete with the MD 2017 juggernaught:

OL Jace Fuamatu
OL Cole Sain

Not to mention the disaster/meltdown/team cancer situation they brought upon themselves with 3 star diva WR and Buena Park senior transfer Devon Cooley.

Learned their lesson. Two of the 1 and Dones that they welcomed into the Bosco Family in 2018 are blue chippers from Servite (Lytle and McDuffie). Crafty and savage moves there: fortified the defense to get over the hump against MD, and further crippled another league rival.

DB Titus Toler (also from Servite, and JSerra, and MD) is a 3-star, but still a Colorado commit that had other major offers. LB Junior Gafa, a senior transfer from San Pedro, cleared waivers in time to star against MD after sitting out the pre league. He is allegedly a standout rugby player but a football novice (not even ranked).

Would take time to post the collective horde of senior transfers to OLu, JSerra, Servite and SM that are less than 4 stars, because pretty much all of the senior transfers to those schools were 3 stars at best. Basically the Josiah Norwoods, Caden Bells, KJ Trujillos and Blaze McKibbins of the Southland. Good additions for a TL team trying to build a D1 playoff roster, but far from Under Armour All Americans.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:23 pm

“Would take time to post the collective horde of senior transfers to OLu, JSerra, Servite and SM that are less than 4 stars“

Not really that long, a few minutes maybe. Single digits. Between those 4 schools, I guarantee there are less than MD/Bosco.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:35 pm

Single digits between the 4? Less senior transfers that are 3 stars or below from those schools combined than MD/SJB? Even if looking at the last 2 seasons? That’s be an interesting few minutes.
Last edited by FatherSonHolyHldbcks on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:37 pm

Servite has 1 - Mckibbin.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Professor Fate wrote:They'll tell you that it just means your school is just not as good at recruiting as theirs is.
No, it means that the best players would rather play anywhere else but Servite
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 pm

Servite has 24 transfers on the varsity roster and only McKibbin is a senior?

DAMN. Troy really is building for the future.
#MoS