San Clemente vs Mission Viejo prediction

Omar Bongo

Re: San Clemente vs Mission Viejo prediction

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Well if he's touring the Pop Warner circuit I would say he's pretty confident he'll be around for a while
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:28 pm

hit the lights wrote:Thats right boingo, I'm talking
I love how the big talkers do their strut after the big game...musta been tough waiting 2 years for MD to lose so you could pop that boil...feel better?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:45 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote: Servite has 24 transfers on the varsity roster and only McKibbin is a senior?
No, but the only other transfer who is now a senior, came over as a junior last year.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:58 am

What have you done for me lately Boingo! Nobody cares about MD and last year, or MV and last year. It's about Now! When teams and coaches have so much arrogance, it's refreshing to see them crumble to the likes of the underdog, or the more hungry.
Don't worry you will probably get a rematch in the finals?? As for MV and coach Johnson, the Diablos brand is taking a hit. The cupboard was full for Johnson when he came in and brought more guys in. They should not be in this position. SC just made this one to watch even more so now, with the coaches twitter war . SC might just get more kids to join the Army after this one.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:16 am

hit the lights wrote:Nobody cares about MD
Oh, someone cares...in fact, he cares so much it's actually kinda sad :lol:
George Will

Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:19 am

I don't see MD in the Thread Headline..... :eh?:
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:54 am

HTML got trolled a few pages ago and he can't let it go...
George Will

Donald Trump

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:11 am

Whether or not the Diablos are playing up to their potential, if I were the Mission Viejo administration, I might be scratching my head and having second thoughts. They just hired a new head coach who publicly expresses loyalty to the school he left, clearly admires what they are doing, and refers to their players or coaches as "my guys". I'd have to wonder if I hired the right guy.

thefrog

Post by thefrog » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:50 am

It would be really something else to see Mission lose this week to Tesoro and not make the playoffs.

Shocking really. I just don't see it happening.

albundyrules

Post by albundyrules » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:02 am

Omar Bongo wrote:Well if he's touring the Pop Warner circuit I would say he's pretty confident he'll be around for a while
He already is, look at the freshman team. They are "OC buckeyes" and he is all about bringing in hired guns to do all his work. Look at all the Los Al transfers where did they play? That's right OC buckeyes. Just tell Troy not to have his parents and coaches meeting up at a Park to fight and post it all over facebook.

FBOC

Post by FBOC » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:54 pm

MDDad wrote:Whether or not the Diablos are playing up to their potential, if I were the Mission Viejo administration, I might be scratching my head and having second thoughts. They just hired a new head coach who publicly expresses loyalty to the school he left, clearly admires what they are doing, and refers to their players or coaches as "my guys". I'd have to wonder if I hired the right guy.
Boy are you right about that. He needs to worry about that sinking ship of his. And they are underachieving you can truse me on that

thefrog

Post by thefrog » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:11 am

I think ya'll are jumping the gun a little bit here. Of course a new regime is going to experience hiccups. I'd be willing to bet money Johnson gets the train rolling again in the next 1-2 years.

If you want to see a true dumpster fire, take a look at El Toro. :eh?:

FBOC

Post by FBOC » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:56 pm

El Toro is lacking talent MV is not. MV is getting worse and worse every week.

2002tony

Post by 2002tony » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:38 pm

It seems like the coaching staff went into snooze control after the OLu game and the team has gone down hill ever sense thinking every game after was going to be like the ET game.

The team still has no discaplin, the offense is very pertidictable, and the corners still get burned 4 or 5 times a game. The QB may not complete the pass but the corner is still getting burned on a regular basis.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Wow everyone seems to know everything! Except the coaches...well for sure the team has had a poor showing the last two weeks of play, as far as SC or Tesoro or even Capo, it will be another 10 years before they loose a league game again, and coaches bond with players and other coaches, those don't dissolve just because you get a new job...sorry...

If MV wins Friday night...they will be a tough first round opponent. That kind of loss either motivates/makes you or brakes you...stay tuned...I have a feeling the Diablos are not quite ready to turn in their gear...

Sometimes the best gets saved for last...

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:14 pm

Playthegame wrote: ...and coaches bond with players and other coaches, those don't dissolve just because you get a new job...sorry...
100% right. I saw Coach Petersen congratulate O Lu players the season after he was fired. And I saw one of Servite's fired offensive coordinators do the same thing.

I think Chad turns the team around this season, but I wonder if there is enough on the lower levels to avoid a downturn in the next year or two.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Why is it every time a perennial loses it isn't because the opponent was worthy, really that good or simply played better or harder. It's always the perennial blew it, slacked, it was a fluke, coaches were slack and so on. Ever think it's possible other schools, programs, teams can just be getting better and possibly join the ranks? I like what is going on in South Coast and Sunset too. Right now it just isn't MV and EDISON and everyone else in the public gridiron arena.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

FBOC

Post by FBOC » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:08 pm

Professor Fate wrote:100% right. I saw Coach Petersen congratulate O Lu players the season after he was fired. And I saw one of Servite's fired offensive coordinators do the same thing.

I think Chad turns the team around this season, but I wonder if there is enough on the lower levels to avoid a downturn in the next year or two.
Please tell me how he will turn it around this season. They peaked at Upland and OLU then have got worse every single week. If they played Upland/OLU/VP or LA Habra last week they would have lost. Eleven weeks in he can't even control the penalties for one game and he's going to turn it around?? Did you see that disgraceful performance last week. Kept in mind that was after a bye week of preparation. HA

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Yeah, I don't have that answer for you, it's just a feeling I have, based upon my belief that the penalty situation should be the focus. Servite had the same problem in one of their best seasons under Troy Thomas (2010). One game he got so mad at them he called three time outs in a row, and stood with his back to the offending team the whole time. I suspect he had some choice words for them at the start of the first of those time outs, but I never found out. Even MaxPreps noticed.
SERVITE GETS A TIMEOUT - 3 OF THEM
After play got a bit chippy in Servite's 28-7 victory over Chaparral-Temecula, Coach Troy Thomas called three consecutive timeouts to address his team. Servite (Anaheim) hasn't shown nearly the discipline it did a year ago en route to the Pac-5 title. The defense, anchored by linebackers Matt Inman and Butch Pauu, thus far has been outstanding, having allowed an average of six points through five games.
I can't say for sure it worked, but as you probably remember, Servite went on to win its 2nd straight CIF D1 Championship

Good luck Mission!

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:43 pm

As for Missions lower level teams, probably the worst I've seen in along time. The best guys are already on varsity/ Mascarenas and Robertson, Anderson. Other than that, they will need a hell of a lot of transfers., no pun intended. Beating those teams are not worth mentioning. I know, MV picked up a couple transfers, one being QB Trilian Harris. The class of 2021 is looking strong, after that????