Bosco vs San Clemente

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Re: Bosco vs San Clemente

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:01 am

I'm pretty sure two of Don Bosco's most memorable exhortations were about "taking 4-star transfers from your rivals" and "running up the score while taunting your opponent." He was also a big proponent of wearing the "turnover chain" and having plenty of alternative helmet designs.

So yeah, I guess you're right.

C28BF7A5-3D5C-4D5D-9FA7-A28986E47F82.gif
C28BF7A5-3D5C-4D5D-9FA7-A28986E47F82.gif (76.52 KiB) Viewed 1278 times

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:05 am

I think there are bad/unruly fans everywhere. For sure bosco has some. The way they win gives some fans/parents an huge ego.
As for the JV fan I know exactly what dad you are referring to. He left and took his kid to narbonne.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:20 am

BBW is correct. This kind of behavior has become more and more common.

Two years ago, the Mater Dei-Servite freshman game was played at Servite, and it was the only time I can remember when the fans of both teams were seated on the same side of the field. A group of three or four Servite moms and one dad rode the Monarchs' Moses Sepulona mercilessly for almost the entire first half. It continued until Moses' mom came over and threatened to knock them all out. Then things quieted down immediately.

Every school has mostly great fans, and a small vocal minority of a-holes.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:03 am

As for the JV fan I know exactly what dad you are referring to. He left and took his kid to narbonne.

LOL I wonder how former Bosco lead fan cheerleader and stage dad Paul Edwards would feel knowing that a member of his former #BoscoFamily is attempting to blame any and all bad behavior of the fan base, a fan base with thousands upon thousands of members, on him.

How he’d feel knowing someone in the #BoscoAiga had thrown him under the bus for alleged “thug/ghetto” behavior, as titled by someone in this thread.

Wow. I guess another tenet of Don Bosco would be “turn on thee when I no longer can use thee.” Especially if thee takes thy demoted son to a city school. #CaeteraTolle

SJBOSCO

Post by SJBOSCO » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:49 am

I love it when the Servite blowhards talk smack about transfers to other schools. They have a lot of transfers and trying to recruit more. Obnoxious coach and fans but its ok for them to be obnoxious. LOL When you routinely lose nobody cares and you fly under the radar. Good news is you will be able to do this for several more years. :rockon:

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote:I'm pretty sure two of Don Bosco's most memorable exhortations were about "taking 4-star transfers from your rivals" and "running up the score while taunting your opponent." He was also a big proponent of wearing the "turnover chain" and having plenty of alternative helmet designs.

So yeah, I guess you're right.
That’s one of the most ignorant statements I’ve seen written on this board. What the heck does any of that have to do with the Salesian philosophy and beliefs of the school? It’s a big time football program you are speaking about and wanted to knock because your schools program is in the pooper. It’s a microcosm of the school and what you THINK you see and believe is from an outsiders perspective . Stop crying credo and get your school back to the same level you were a while back.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:07 pm

BoscoBrave wrote:QR_BBPOST What the heck does any of that have to do with the Salesian philosophy and beliefs of the school?
Nothing. I believe that was the point of Credo's post.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:20 pm

BoscoBandWagon wrote:There were penalties but literally for playing to hard, or to fast. The sideline ref said this was the fastest HS game he ever saw.
Translation: We're so good the referees don't know how to officiate our games. There's humility for you.
BoscoBandWagon wrote:As for the td up 42-0. It was bosco's 19 play of the game. Dj finished 6 for 9. They were up 42-0 early 3rd qtr and still had under 20 plays of offense. All they were doing was running their offense to get better. Dj needs more than 9 live passes in one game. This is the d1 playoffs, not pop Warner everybody gets a trophy bs.
So, throwing 65 yards downfield when leading 42-0 is "running the offense?" (Not to mention the XFL-like stunt by the receiver after the catch) If it was such an imperative to get DJ his work, why call this play--and why was he taken out immediately after this score?

Stop the rationalizing and just own what Negro has turned this program into. And the BandWagon played on...

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:52 pm

BoscoBrave wrote:It’s a big time football program you are speaking about and wanted to knock because your schools program is in the pooper. It’s a microcosm of the school and what you THINK you see and believe is from an outsiders perspective . Stop crying credo and get your school back to the same level you were a while back.
Look, I have no problem matching up with any school on an equal playing field. But Bosco has long since departed resembling anything like a traditional high school football program. We will certainly be better but even the Servite teams that won or shared five consecutive Trinity League titles and two CIF titles wouldn't come within three TD's of this current Braves squad, with it's 300lb OL, sprinter's speed at all skill positions, future D-1 players at virtually every starting position--and going two or three deep. Having seen them close up, this may be the greatest collection of talent ever assembled in SoCal HSFB. But it's just that--a collection of talent. This is not a knock on those kids, who I'm sure are good character kids. It's about the process.

What it would take to match that, we are unwilling to do.

I have no doubt you will win another CIF, State, and so-called "National Championship"....but at what cost?

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:05 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:QR_BBPOST but even the Servite teams that won or shared five consecutive Trinity League titles and two CIF titles
Seven consecutive league titles. One Serra League Title in 2005, and six consecutive Trinity League Titles 2006-2011.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:54 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:What it would take to match that, we are unwilling to do.
With all due respect, Credo, that's where you're wrong. You and several other posters continue to confuse results with effort. In today's environment, when a school wins a state and/or a national championship, they are going to get the results, with or without recruiting. For now, that benefit goes to St. John Bosco and Mater Dei. But when it comes to effort, JSerra and Servite are employing recruiting tactics that are absolutely beyond what anyone has ever seen before. They aren't getting the results only because their programs are less attractive.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:04 am

"They aren't getting the results only because their programs are less attractive."

For now. That is exactly what people were saying about MD a few years back. They knew that they had to step-up their recruiting "game" to come close to Bosco. The St. Browns didn't just magically show up on their doorstep.

RPW

Post by RPW » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:48 pm

Private School is the Pimp
Family is the John
Football is the Game
Ain't nothing changed.

Private schools have always had the advantage and will continue. The talk of "no resemblance" of a high school football team is ****. Kids are all the same age - just some are better.
Last edited by RPW on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am The Voice of Reason

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:08 pm

dont be that guy wrote:The St. Browns didn't just magically show up on their doorstep.
I think I have a pretty good idea of how the St. Browns showed up. And if you think Mater Dei went out and recruited them after turning the family down a couple years earlier, you're kidding yourself.

Exocet 98

Post by Exocet 98 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:13 pm

"So, throwing 65 yards downfield when leading 42-0 is "running the offense?" (Not to mention the XFL-like stunt by the receiver after the catch) If it was such an imperative to get DJ his work, why call this play--and why was he taken out immediately after this score?

Stop the rationalizing and just own what Negro has turned this program into. And the BandWagon played on…"

Perhaps the LaPalma Generals shadow boxing midget should take notes from the bleachers on what it takes to actually participate in the playoffs. The Generals have earned their dubious nickname after the DLS denutting rain slaughter. :mrgreen: