Mater Dei vs. De La Salle

MDDad

Re: Mater Dei vs. De La Salle

Post by MDDad » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:08 pm

"Mater Dei transfers included...Bru McCoy who is 5 star WR, think this is his third school..."
What? I think that statement alone illustrates how informed at least one of those posters is.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:06 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
"Mater Dei plays under whole different set of rules..."
Same rules...which unfortunately allow reprehensible behavior. MD takes advantage; DLS won't go there.
Omar Bongo wrote: "The open division competition is now analogous to comparing the difference in productivity between organically grown crops and GMO super-crops..."
Good analogy...If you're talking team building, rather than athlete building...I agree.
Omar Bongo wrote: "MD has completely compromised all principles for the sake of winning..."
Pretty obvious to me...I agree.
Omar Bongo wrote: "Transfers and cheating with garbage refs get you the win in state..."
Uncalled for comment about the referees...Part of the game.
Omar Bongo wrote:
"The "best" means nothing if it is not accomplished with integrity and MD has zero..."
Do I need to say it? There was a time when MD Football was well respected.

It seems there was a fair amount of truth expressed on that DLS board.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:36 pm

BD2F98D5-E1F1-44CF-81CD-C3E0BBA07491.jpeg
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 am

Omar Bongo wrote: "Transfers and cheating with garbage refs get you the win in state..."
Omar Bongo wrote: "MD o-line held on every single play.
Omar Bongo wrote: "It's sickening to me how DLS is getting the shaft..."
Gee, imagine that... the other team thought they were the ones who got screwed over by the officials.

Exocet 98

Post by Exocet 98 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:10 pm

Most NorCalPreps negative comments are from the same Sybil poster know as "block". Review his posts on the Prep Girdiron Varsity Board. :mrgreen:

eskimow

Post by eskimow » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:58 pm

De Lasalle, Gorman , IMG, Bosco , Mater Dei , Allen TX , Centenial , Colquitt County Georgia, St Thomas Aquines FL, ARE ALL PLAYING ON THE SAME LEVEL. TRYING TO WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY YEAR. DE Lasalle started it back in the day with the recruiting, now these others are following the plan. At least IMG, Bosco, Gorman, MD are willing to schedule some of these super teams that are playing by the same rules. De Lasalle a bit bitter at being outdone at the game they started.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:16 pm

Well, they just played Gorman for the second straight year. They also played the #7 team this year and the #14 team last year, in addition. I'd call that willing.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:59 pm

joefutbol wrote: These criticisms of the officials are completely unfounded. You're a bunch of homers watching the game in real time from a seat 300 feet away from the play, and it seems like you have quite a bit of trouble following what's going on during the game.
LOL this is a joke right? Some slappy puts on his spectacles and overanalyzes the state title game searching for ways to criticize the local powerhouse and prop up the horrifically bad officiating. He’s got the flag numbers from the entire season stored as evidence, at the ready, at a moments notice! If you dare to disagree, you’re a “homer” and must have been in the stands stupefied by your fan-boying.

The penalties were even because DLS allegedly had a bunch declined, NorCal message boards are mad too, its all even. And Bryce Young getting a shot to the head wasn’t a foul at all; he asked for it, he deserved it, he ENTICED it! Doesn’t matter where they hit him. Never mind NONE of that makes sense or is actually correct, especially with, you know, the current rules of football; you can just see Bryce’s trickster nature, it’s right there on the slow motion replay and DVR still shot, from 27 different angles! Clown commentary. Mater Dei won, its over, get over yourself. Can you send us the still shot of you sitting next to Dave Uiagalelei in the DLS stands?

It sounds like you’re a former/current official yourself, but regardless of your attempt and defending the indefensible, the refs were terrible all season and ESPECIALLY in this game, the top division state championship. Their unnecessary interference and constant mistakes negatively impacted the game, and many others this season, certainly not just Mater Dei games. That’s not a singular thought of “homers”; that’s a widespread reflection of many observers: fans, media, coaches, players. Firing up that saved DVR replay with every new comment isn’t going to change that.

Keep trolling though Joe Slap :lol:
Last edited by FatherSonHolyHldbcks on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:11 pm

I've been watching high school football since I was in junior high in the mid-1960's, and the officiating this year was the worst I can remember. Not only that, but the officiating in the state game may have been the worst of the year. It wasn't so much the penalties that were called, as most of them were deserved. But the penalties that were missed and the ball-spotting that was sometimes off by three or four yards are hard to explain.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:44 pm

jb914 wrote: They called Bru for "pushing off" but, don't call DLS for reaching out and pulling Bru's jersey on what would have been a TD.

I think after the "pushing off" call wasn't that when DLS blocked the punt? So, instead of MD in redzone now DLS has the short field. Huge momentum swing.

Plus joefutbol said he thought the field goal was good. don't know, didn't see the replay on it. I thought the DLS defender was all over bru's arms on the 3rd down play before the missed FG, but, that wasn't called.
Bru’s “push off” has gone from being “not blatant” to being “clear from 3 different angles” on these “AMAZING” Spectrum replays. Hmmm.

Let’s go ahead and gloss over your salient point about that extremely questionable call leading to a big momentum shift ... you forgot they allegedly, supposedly, maybe missed at least three PI calls against MD later on!

Plus (!!) ... Shakobe should have been ejected, arrested, and personally fined!! Never mind about that DLS player that punched Mike Martinez. He’s good, no ejection necessary there ... no need to even mention it, it wasn’t shown in slow motion on Spectrum so it didn’t happen ... and this is NOT HATING at all, strictly objective review lol

jb914

Post by jb914 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:03 pm

MDDad wrote:I've been watching high school football since I was in junior high in the mid-1960's, and the officiating this year was the worst I can remember. Not only that, but the officiating in the state game may have been the worst of the year. It wasn't so much the penalties that were called, as most of them were deserved. But the penalties that were missed and the ball-spotting that was sometimes off by three or four yards are hard to explain.
I figure it out. I need to watch the game on Spectrum with beer goggles :cheers:

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:17 pm

eskimow wrote:De Lasalle, Gorman , IMG, Bosco , Mater Dei , Allen TX , Centenial , Colquitt County Georgia, St Thomas Aquines FL, ARE ALL PLAYING ON THE SAME LEVEL. TRYING TO WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY YEAR. DE Lasalle started it back in the day with the recruiting, now these others are following the plan. At least IMG, Bosco, Gorman, MD are willing to schedule some of these super teams that are playing by the same rules. De Lasalle a bit bitter at being outdone at the game they started.
Couldn’t agree more. There’s an entire scene in “When The Game Stands Tall” re-enacting a meeting where Bay Area HS coaches essentially made all the same complaints about De La Salle at the time (over a decade ago) that people make about Mater Dei and Bosco today. That “meeting” was basically a mashup of the “uneven playing field” allegations made by Bay Area schools against DLS since the 90s.

I also love when Texas commenters, discussing national rankings and comparisons with the other states, decide to trot out their favorite argument of “our poor little public schools only draw from their area, no recruiting, no transfers.”

That’s a joke. Texas high schools funnel players through their youth programs from 3rd grade, and the best schools in each district certainly “attract” all the best players from the surrounding area. State powerhouses aren’t at a “disadvantage” at all, whether it’s the area they draw from/talent pool, coaching, practice time/offseason involvement, strength and conditioning, and certainly not fan support, MONEY, or facilities.

Texas districts containing the powerhouses like Allen, Southlake Carroll, Lake Travis, Katy, etc. are ENORMOUS, population wise, in the major metro centers (DFW, Houston, Austin, SA); school enrollments in these areas are often 3K or more per school, with 250 or more players annually involved in some of these programs (Frosh, JV, Varsity).

Transfers are just as rampant as they are here. Heisman winner Kyler Murray transferred to Allen before his sophomore year from a school across the Dallas area in Lewisville. Saw an opportunity to start at a powerhouse HS after the graduation of another QB ... sound familiar? 42 wins and three state/national titles later ... Texas legend.

Not to mention that Texas’ top teams refuse to play any road games against top out of state competition (California, Florida, Georgia, even Louisiana). Too many built in advantages to constantly play the “poor us” and purity routines.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:37 pm

MDDad wrote:What? I think that statement alone illustrates how informed at least one of those posters is.
I saw posts about how with three DB's out MD had 3 4-5 star transfers to fill in for them. I guess transferring from 8th grade is what they mean? :lol:

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:48 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:LOL this is a joke right? Some slappy puts on his spectacles and overanalyzes the state title game searching for ways to criticize the local powerhouse and prop up the horrifically bad officiating. He’s got the flag numbers from the entire season stored as evidence, at the ready, at a moments notice! If you dare to disagree, you’re a “homer” and must have been in the stands stupefied by your fan-boying.

The penalties were even because DLS allegedly had a bunch declined, NorCal message boards are mad too, its all even. And Bryce Young getting a shot to the head wasn’t a foul at all; he asked for it, he deserved it, he ENTICED it! Doesn’t matter where they hit him. Never mind NONE of that makes sense or is actually correct, especially with, you know, the current rules of football; you can just see Bryce’s trickster nature, it’s right there on the slow motion replay and DVR still shot, from 27 different angles! Clown commentary. Mater Dei won, its over, get over yourself. Can you send us the still shot of you sitting next to Dave Uiagalelei in the DLS stands?

It sounds like you’re a former/current official yourself, but regardless of your attempt and defending the indefensible, the refs were terrible all season and ESPECIALLY in this game, the top division state championship. Their unnecessary interference and constant mistakes negatively impacted the game, and many others this season, certainly not just Mater Dei games. That’s not a singular thought of “homers”; that’s a widespread reflection of many observers: fans, media, coaches, players. Firing up that saved DVR replay with every new comment isn’t going to change that.

Keep trolling though Joe Slap :lol:
Damn, bud. Two edits and still unintelligible? Your post drives home my point better than I ever could.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:15 pm

joefutbol wrote: Two edits and still unintelligible? Your post drives home my point better than I ever could.
Edit troll ... crushed it! Substantive :lol: Hey, at least we pulled you out of your dedicated, hate based DVR debate for a beat. Day by day Slap!

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:20 pm

All I did was refute the BS claims you and your other pals made during your circle jerk. Your team won and you're still whining about a hit that never happened. "Slap" deez.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:38 am

joefutbol wrote: refute the BS claims you and your other pals made during your circle jerk. Your team won and you're still whining about a hit that never happened.
TOTALLY Slap. I can’t believe “we” were out here saving and screen-shotting pointless Spectrum DVR clips of “our team,” and raging about the vile nature of HS kids. Keep showing “us” the error of our ways!

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:48 am

jb914 wrote:I saw posts about how with three DB's out MD had 3 4-5 star transfers players to fill in for them. I guess transferring from 8th grade is what they mean?
In the Christmas spirit and in the interests of accuracy, I fixed their complaint. The kid who filled in for Jeremiah Criddell is Moses Sepulona, a junior who's been at MD since day one and has no stars. The kid who filled in for William Nimmo is Joshua Hunter, a freshman with no stars. And the kid who filled in for Elias Ricks was Jaylin Davies, a sophomore who's been there since day one and has no stars. Otherwise, the complaint was right on point -- there were three starting DB's out, and there were three players who filled in for them, just as there would have been at any other school.

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:42 am

Guys, just a word from a real referee, really. Most of you know me, some know me by sight. I don't post during the season due to a social media clause. Speaking for myself, most guys don't take your personal attacks on officials personally but we do take offense to your ignorance. Probably don't know any better because your fans and most fans are untrained, have no clue what rule set in is place and most likely aren't looking at we are trained to look at. You're good at what you do, I hear you at all during games, it's amusing. I can usually pick up one or two guys (or gals) that are just having a hard time officiating from 200 yards away. Keep up the good fight.

That said, OC doesn't get to officiate any OC teams during the playoffs. We are sent to other areas and vise versa. But IF the officiating REALLY bothers you, we need officials. Been sayin it for years here but nobody is willing to step up. Why is that? Serious question ... we could use your "expertise". We have an awesome chapter and we have our share of officials in NCAA JC, D1, D2, and D3, NFL and CFL. If you watch PAC12 football, you've seen 7-10 guys that came out of OC. NFL has about 4 of our guys, two others just retired. Believe it or not, OC has some great officials, better than many parts of the state AND country due to the competition here. We have to be good but we aren't infallible, nobody is. Ya'll just wanna complain about the officiating because that's what ignorant people do. I know maybe three of you out there have actually taken the training, tests, countless hours of film, film grading, summer passing leagues, summer camps at our own expense, every Thursday, Friday and Saturday away from work, family and kids for very little pay .. the others are just sitting around creating background noise. Again, its amusing. I coached for 25 years I felt just like you, and was just as ignorant, it's when I got trained and learned the finer points about officiating and what to look at that I finally GOT IT. Don't get me wrong, I don't like all the rules, some are stupid .. but it's my job to make sure the players are safe and they play fair. Who else wants some of that? Didn't think so ...

But seriously, IF anyone even thinks they would like to take a shot at the most despicable and disrespected job on the field, IM me , I got you.

Just move on, it's a damn game and believe it or not, it's in the players and coaches hands. Worst call of my life was this year in the Cathedral/Alemany playoff in LA. Collided with a photo guy, missed a fumble and gave the offense a first and goal. Looked on Hudl and BANG! Blew it, should've asked for help. I'm a very good official (not bragging, evaluations) and I missed what everyone else in the stadium on the other side saw. Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug. Had zero effect on the game because there was a turnover the next play, but the Home team would vehemently dispute that. Maybe 1% of ALL calls in ALL games made during a season affect a game, big deal. Have a great off season people. Stay chill ...

For our tag happy poster ...
#umadbro #timetostepup #tryawhistleonforsize #quitcomplainganddosomething #zebralife #tryityoulllikeit #rulez
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

jb914

Post by jb914 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:59 am

MDDad wrote:In the Christmas spirit and in the interests of accuracy, I fixed their complaint. The kid who filled in for Jeremiah Criddell is Moses Sepulona, a junior who's been at MD since day one and has no stars. The kid who filled in for William Nimmo is Joshua Hunter, a freshman with no stars. And the kid who filled in for Elias Ricks was Jaylin Davies, a sophomore who's been there since day one and has no stars. Otherwise, the complaint was right on point -- there were three starting DB's out, and there were three players who filled in for them, just as there would have been at any other school.
Thanks for fixing that. I should have put it in quotes with a laughing emoji!