RPW

Re: Mater Dei vs. De La Salle

Post by RPW » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:01 am

Great post Zebra.. check your messages.
I am The Voice of Reason

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:24 am

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:TOTALLY Slap. I can’t believe “we” were out here saving and screen-shotting pointless Spectrum DVR clips of “our team,” and raging about the vile nature of HS kids. Keep showing “us” the error of our ways!
Ah, it proves you wrong so it's "pointless." I "get it."

There's zero rage on my side of the "screen." I'm just having a "discussion" about the "officiating." You're the one pounding out novels and whining and crying about your poor player's heads being "targeted." Chill "out," Sally.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:38 am

Zebra wrote: We are sent to other areas and vise versa. But IF the officiating REALLY bothers you, we need officials. Been sayin it for years here but nobody is willing to step up. Why is that? Serious question ... we could use your "expertise"
I hear that. When I used to coach HS basketball, parents would complain about the reffing (lower level usually.) I'd tell them that we need more refs, plain and simple. If you want a serious side job/hobby, there's plenty of opportunity!

One gratifying thing over the years is that a few of my former players have gone on to referee. In the women's game the demand for female refs is high, and there's lots of upward mobility.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:54 pm

Zebra wrote:Blew it, should've asked for help
Do you have to ask? Isn't it about getting the call right?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Omar, you never ask for help and you blow it all the time. Leave the refs alone.

If you are still complaining about the refereeing in a game that MD won, you need to chill out.

This MD team was one of the most undisciplined teams I have ever seen. Sloppy, stupid, yapping after every single play. Good thing they had talent because it's tough to overcome 100 yards of penalties.
Last edited by dont be that guy on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:37 pm

dont be that guy wrote:If you are still complaining about at the refereeing in a game that MD won, you need to chill out.
WTF are you talking about now? I haven't complained ONCE about the refereeing, numbnuts
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:10 pm

Numbnuts? Isn't that a violation of this forum's rules? Not to mention that resorting to name calling means you are losing the debate,no?
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:18 pm

Sorry, that was rhetorical but go ahead and chill out too.

Congrats on bringing numbnuts back. I love tomfoolery and shenanigans.

Red

Post by Red » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:24 am

RPW wrote:I talked to the ref, he said that was not helmet to helmet and on replay the late hit was a bad call.
I talked to the Ref's Mom and she told me her son doesn't tell the truth all the time. Where Mueller when you need him? :lol:
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:40 pm

I still like to believe that DLS beat themselves more so than MD beat them, because of the turnovers, almost every DLS turnover, turned into an MD TD

eskimow

Post by eskimow » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:03 pm

Why do you think De Lasalle fumbled the ball so much the last 2 years against MD? Because they were getting dominated on the line of scrimmage and MD Line was causing havoc on the timing of veer reads. Also the De Lasalle center is key to that offense, when he is getting blown back by 2-3 yards it tends to cause problems. Lots of little things to look at to see who was actually controlling the majority of plays.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:42 pm

Post-game the DLS coach was also repeatedly emphasizing the fumbles and conveniently ignoring the reasons you listed
George Will

Donald Trump

eskimow

Post by eskimow » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:41 pm

And that is why De Lasalle is far behind the others. Because they are to arrogant to self-evaluate and they keep believing that they are special.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:50 pm

ya, you would have thought DLS would have learned from their mistakes last year

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:36 am

eskimow wrote:And that is why De Lasalle is far behind the others. Because they are to arrogant to self-evaluate and they keep believing that they are special.
One of the De La Salle position coaches is a good friend, and I spoke with him immediately after the game. He was anything but arrogant or believing they were special.

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:59 am

Fordama wrote:I hear that. When I used to coach HS basketball, parents would complain about the reffing (lower level usually.) I'd tell them that we need more refs, plain and simple. If you want a serious side job/hobby, there's plenty of opportunity!

One gratifying thing over the years is that a few of my former players have gone on to referee. In the women's game the demand for female refs is high, and there's lots of upward mobility.
When my daughter played I always told other parents that the reason a ref was working a JV/Frosh-Soph game was that "they weren't ready for varsity"...

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:41 am

daddyooo wrote:When my daughter played I always told other parents that the reason a ref was working a JV/Frosh-Soph game was that "they weren't ready for varsity"...
](*,) You'd be way wrong. What makes you think that. Most guys do all levels, some do youth still. I know a D2 official that does 7-8 year old flag football. Some are even D3 and JC officials. This is my 18 season and I've done JV/Frosh-Soph games every year. My lower level games outnumber my Varsity games by double. A lot of guys don't want to work 3-4 games a week but we are short officials for the lower levels, so we do. Besides, working a JV/Frosh-Soph game is just as important to the players (and myself) as working a Varsity game. I usually have a rookie with me and a 3-4 year "Varsity" guy in my lower level games. To many of the players, that is their only game, it's their "Game of the Week". They deserve the best game someone can give. Plus, watching snaps is not a bad thing. More snaps you see the better official you become and in those levels, every damn thing happens so you get used to looking at the unexpected. These are my own personal thoughts and others officials experiences may vary.
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

eskimow

Post by eskimow » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:16 pm

MDDAD Have you spoken to the head coach? Thats were the arrogance originates. In the pre and post game interviews it is clear he doesn't feel Mater Dei deserves any credit. He did the same thing when Bosco rolled them. His quote regarding Bru Mcoy " Yea, I remember him from last year, he was good and probably got a little better." Huge miscalculation about Bru abilities.

eskimow

Post by eskimow » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:17 pm

Also I assume you assistant coach friend was an original from the Bob ladouceur era?

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:36 pm

I've never met Justin Alumbaugh and have never spoken to him. And yes, the assistant coach friend was there when Bob Ladouceur was head coach.