Servite basketball or whatever you want to call it

RPW

Re: Servite basketball or whatever you want to call it

Post by RPW » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:46 am

Dailydose wrote: RPW, truth hurts buddy! Morris is a scum bag. He should not be allowed to coach any sport and any school. He is a bully, narcissist and a chump.
I only interacted with Morris my sons freshman year and then a few times after that. Never heard of anything negative about him as a person outside of you. I may be wrong if others here feel the same way.

Sucking as a basketball coach doesn't mean you suck at life.
I am The Voice of Reason

itsmyopinionx

Post by itsmyopinionx » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:16 pm

RPW, while I'm sure there are some people who like him, most of the people I know have feelings similar to Dailydose. He's just not a good guy. I've witnessed and heard first hand stories about some of the things he's done to players, coworkers etc. Obviously being a "bad" guy isn't necessarily grounds to get you fired BUT, when you have a record like his, being a bad guy on top of it just adds fuel to the fire. At this point, his record is reason enough to say "Buh-Bye".

RPW

Post by RPW » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:42 pm

If dude is a dick then so be it. Lets move on...

Who are possible candidates that would want the job if offered?
I am The Voice of Reason

Stugotz

Post by Stugotz » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:09 pm

Troy Roelen and Rusty Van Cleave would be two I would interview.

itsmyopinionx

Post by itsmyopinionx » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:25 pm

First things first....let's get rid of Morris and post the job!

TahoeCoachRCS

Post by TahoeCoachRCS » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:14 am

I spoke with a couple Trinity boys basketball coaches in the last couple of weeks and they both said they are not hearing of and don’t expect any changes in head coaches after this season. There had been some talk of Coach Reinert returning to the college ranks. I asked specifically about Morris and their belief is he will be at Servite as long as he wants.

Dailydose

Post by Dailydose » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:43 pm

Heard they will be firing Morris soon. He may go back to directing traffic in the parking lot.

itsmyopinionx

Post by itsmyopinionx » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Dailydose, I hope you are right. I know Servite is in the middle of the accreditation process but hopefully once that is over, a change takes place. If they don't do it now after missing playoffs again, I don't think they ever will.

sgthartman

Post by sgthartman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:32 pm

I’ve had two sons go through Servite, neither of whom played Basketball. Neither have anything good to say about Morris as a person. He is known on campus to be arrogant, obnoxious, and a bully. Just not a good dude. Until TT was hired back several big-name old-school Servite grads/donors refused to donate while Morris was still on staff.
Seven-six-two millimeter. Full. Metal. Jacket.

TahoeCoachRCS

Post by TahoeCoachRCS » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:55 pm

It is really too bad that supporters of Morris don’t post their support. There has to be a huge number of them given the lack of on court the success the program has had over his tenure. In my opinion it is an epidemic in school leadership. The leaders need average or weak folks under them to deflect from the poor job they are doing. In Servite’s case that coach is Morris.

Dailydose

Post by Dailydose » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:21 pm

Morris has informed some people he will be resigning in next couple of weeks. Couple possible new coaches have been approached. Let’s hope administration does it’s due diligence so Servite doesn’t end up with another Morris.

TahoeCoachRCS

Post by TahoeCoachRCS » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:03 pm

who are “some” people? Who are the possible new coaches?

RPW

Post by RPW » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:14 am

sgthartman wrote: I’ve had two sons go through Servite, neither of whom played Basketball. Neither have anything good to say about Morris as a person. He is known on campus to be arrogant, obnoxious, and a bully. Just not a good dude. Until TT was hired back several big-name old-school Servite grads/donors refused to donate while Morris was still on staff.
I trust your word. Hope all is well.
I am The Voice of Reason

sgthartman

Post by sgthartman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:24 pm

We are well, sir. Hope the same is true for you and yours.

sgthartman

Post by sgthartman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:24 pm

We are well, sir. Hope the same is true for you and yours.

TahoeCoachRCS

Post by TahoeCoachRCS » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Well, no resignation as of yet. I guess Servite will continue forward once again with the current staff.

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:02 pm

Not saying it will happen but it wouldn’t surprise me if Jeff reinert resigns after this year especially if they beat chino hills. His daughter graduated and is in college now and he’ll lose Kyman and agbonkpolo to college. I don’t know him well but I know some people thought he would return to college when his daughter graduated

Dailydose

Post by Dailydose » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:10 pm

It’s coming in due time from a pretty good source. Many other parents have come forward regarding Morris treatment of players since season ended. Credo

itsmyopinionx

Post by itsmyopinionx » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:08 am

Dailydose, I hope this isn't just wishful thinking on your part. If they don't do it this year, they never will.

TahoeCoachRCS

Post by TahoeCoachRCS » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:53 am

It would almost appear that the school is keeping the hoops program down for 1 of 2 reasons.
1. With football struggling to get in the top half of the Trinity and hoops always in the cellar they are making their case for placement in another league. I doubt any public school league will take them, but perhaps the privates will form a conference in the next cycle, add Crean Lutheran, Damien, and some of the stronger LA area Catholic schools.
2. They are trying to build football back up along with continue the modernization of facilities at their site. A strong basketball program could distract donor dollars toward it and not the more important focus of Football and Facilities.

These are total outside assumptions on my part. I have no current or former connection to the school. Appreciate any responses as to the possibility of either of these scenarios.