Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

cruiser

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by cruiser » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:36 am

OK, in MD's case, I"m sure the MD administration triple checks all the crossing of T's and
dotting of I's now regarding transfers since the one FB transfer fiasco last season, I'm thinking
if there is any, there won't be any announcements made until well into the second semester,
probably wrong, we'll see....

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:25 am

In today’s age if there was a new student walking the halls of MD, or any school for that matter, while the school itself may not publicly say anything, it would very soon be all over social media. But we all know how accurate that is ](*,)

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:35 pm

I have yet to see, read or hear of any transfers to MD. Could they be dancing with the girl they brought to the dance?

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:10 pm

I sometimes think this forum could almost qualify as a study in group neurosis. Last year, when Mater Dei enrolled several high-profile transfers between semesters, it was all anyone here could talk about (i.e. complain about). This year they've enrolled nobody new, and it's all anyone here can talk about. St. John Bosco is taking in transfers hand over fist and nobody seems to care.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:40 pm

Bosco is getting grief on other social media circles. I’m happy to start the ranting if it makes you feel better. Perhaps the vast majority of people are giving up the good fight now. Bosco can play Paramount (a bye) and it’s national schedule. They can be on TV, have their hype man Bullock out there recruiting his ass off for them (allegedly a “volunteer” coach which I can’t imagine anyone believes) and play a national schedule while continuing to drop their already low academic standards (grade inflation there is well documented). If that’s who they want to be, who are we to stop them?

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Friar, you are such a clown. Grade inflation? Show me proof. I know you are full of crap. That school has some of the highest achieving scholars going to the top colleges around the country and you spew this BS.

Bullock is a damn great person who loves Bosco like no other. You have those types at your school as well, I’ve seen them at plenty of youth games and catholic school games. Get off your high horse. Everyone does the same thing.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:38 pm

MDDad wrote: St. John Bosco is taking in transfers hand over fist and nobody seems to care.
:iknow: I care!
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

SK80

Post by SK80 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:54 pm

BoscoBrave wrote:Get off your high horse. Everyone does the same thing.
Stunning observation and conclusion.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:01 pm

hand over fist?
i think the main thing is the quality of transfers. I see one kid with any offers (Loya). If there are others please enlighten me.
md brought is multiple kids with offers that were all-americans last year. last years bosco transfers at least included 4 kids with offers (bo, lytle, mcduffie and toller).
i disagree with fathersonholyipostalot. Not all these kids are being proud in the start.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Boy this is going to be a great year. MD can get all those holier than Thou guys with the black robes and their hidden agendas off their backs and at the same time we can rant and rave about those chocolate syrup kids. We can complain about how the Braves players can't add 2+2 but can play a great game of football. Just maybe they can beat the 24 transfer record they share with CC. Grade inflation, double hold backs, players with kids of their own. This going to be fun.However the Friars had better be careful and not let the transfer bug catch them because God will rain fire and brimstone from the sky and turn players into salt.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:49 pm

seems to me the bigger wars waged are in the off seasons now..., it as if the games or GAME will be won here.... :roll:
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:12 pm

BoscoBrave wrote:Friar, you are such a clown. Grade inflation? Show me proof. I know you are full of crap. That school has some of the highest achieving scholars going to the top colleges around the country and you spew this BS.

Bullock is a damn great person who loves Bosco like no other. You have those types at your school as well, I’ve seen them at plenty of youth games and catholic school games. Get off your high horse. Everyone does the same thing.
Is that right Mr. Brave some of the highest, huh?

How about this...how many players under Negro have gone to college on an athletic scholarship and graduated from college?

Also you have to forgive everyone...most have just heard the Bosco recruiting pitch, "that there is no homework for athletes and they don't have school work during championship weeks or if they travel out of state for a game. If that is not true you best tell your recruiting co-ordinator and all your players slow their roll on that narrative because it is well documented.

But please get back to all of us on that graduation number

Bick

Post by Bick » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:20 pm

SK80 wrote: seems to me the bigger wars waged are in the off seasons now..., it as if the games or GAME will be won here....
Almost as though some of those coaches believe "it ain't the x's and the o's - it's the Jimmy's and the Joe's".

SK80

Post by SK80 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:24 pm

nice take @Bick...., u r always on your game with posts at or around 4:20 ROFL

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:25 pm

How about this...how many players under Negro have gone to college on an athletic scholarship and graduated from college?
In all honesty, that is the one major kick in the nuts the Bosco program has not been able to overcome, and the word is spreading.
Also you have to forgive everyone...most have just heard the Bosco recruiting pitch, "that there is no homework for athletes and they don't have school work during championship weeks or if they travel out of state for a game. If that is not true you best tell your recruiting co-ordinator and all your players slow their roll on that narrative because it is well documented.
Maybe it's because my sons are now in their early 30's that I can be holier than thou about this. If they were both athletes at one high school and a "representative" of another high school tried to convince us to transfer with the pitch that there is little homework for athletes and no school work during championship and travel weeks, that school would immediately drop to last on my list of destinations. No school work and no homework isn't a blessing, it's a curse. Many kids today are ill-prepared enough for college, and cutting school work and homework just puts them in more of a hole.

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:04 pm

kick in the nuts? who has not graduated?

mama is the only 1 I can think of he left early for the nfl draft. another kid came back home from school after 1 year and got into trouble, if he stayed at school he would probably been fine. Naijiel Hale is still in school, trying to better his life.

Rosen graduated in 3 years. Malik Dorton who grew up in the inner city of Los Angeles graduated in 3 1/2 years and now getting his masters from usc. Nico Falah usc graduate. Jacob Tuiti-Mariner UCLA graduate. Wadood UCLA graduate.

WHO IS THE HECK BESIDES ON GUY THAT ARE OLD ENOUGH DID NOT GRADUATE COLLEGE???
please enlighten my with your #fakenews please :eh?:

bosco has two backers at Yale for heaven sake, a kid a notre dame, two kids at stanford!!!

per bosco twitter there are still over 40 players currently in college still playing football.
Last edited by BoscoBandWagon on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fortheloveofthemoney

Post by fortheloveofthemoney » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:10 pm

OCurbanlegend wrote:
You left out the free hookers and naked ladies waiting in their rooms on the road... Some of you “adults” on these boards are hilarious. I’m sure you’re in the know on everything ;)

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Another at Cal(would’ve been two but one just tragically passed away a week ago), and numerous that are at other schools on track to graduate. You guys really should do your homework before spewing B.S.

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:10 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Servite gonna do the senior QB transfer thing again this year? Worked out so well for them last year...
I think everyone knows that was only necessitated by the unexpected transfer of Caden Bell to JSerra, leaving virtually no returning player with any QB experience. I expect we will go with the sophomore Fifita. He'll have his struggles, as Travis Waller did as a sophomore in 2012, but we should be primed for nice run in 2020. If JSerra is going the re-loading via transfer route, we would still be an underdog to them in 2019, but I would guess that anything less than 4th next season will be considered a disappointment.

liarliar

Post by liarliar » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:27 pm

Are you comparing Fifita to Waller?

Is he a foot shorter?