Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

OCurbanlegend

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by OCurbanlegend » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:18 pm

I don't know if anyone will ever have the true answer to that. According to some people at MD he may have been.
MD admin looked at his transcripts against regular transfer students and not foreign exchange students (which is what Luke was) as a result they though he had already done 4 years of High School but Australia where he was from does not do their grade system the same as America. Instead of doing their due diligence they rushed to judgement and just deemed the kid ineligible, upon closer inspection they told the kid he needed another FULL year of High School to graduate and the kid was only 17 (and it was only his second year of football)... Apparently, MD admin did not want to retract the public statement they made because they already had egg on their face. So the result was this kid was punished. His parents and guardian threaten to sue MD which is the only reason he was granted an early graduation.

Domingo

Post by Domingo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:45 pm

OCurbanlegend wrote:According to MD Admin, yes Bennett knew coming in, he was informed in his interview, but I guess his parents thought they could fight it and get an early diploma but MD did not budge. Bennett unlike the others had enough credits through summer school ect. to be accepted into Oregon State so they just left and enrolled. Yes Luke is gone but MD Admin was ok with that one since they screwed the kid over anyway by deeming him ineligible before they actually checked his credit totals and transcripts against foreign exchange student credits. And yes Criddell, Dollars, and Huffman Dixon are all gone and homeschooling at the request of their respective colleges. I'm not sure how they will get to college early you would have to ask the coaches that made the request but they have seemed to work it out somehow. As for Genova and the rest, yes, I am aware of the 2021 kids that left but I did not reference that class or those kids in my post.

Hope this information helps out your concerned friend. It's nice to know we still have people worried about us.
There are A LOT of unhappy families involved or formerly involved with the football program because of everything involved with these transfers and the fact that most of them left the school immediately after football has only infuriated people even more. They were mercenaries from day one. Non Monarchs who barely paid a dime to attend the school for what amounted to less than a year for the sole purpose of playing football. The MD admin has heard from a lot of extremely unhappy families and that's led to this sudden change in policy. I've said it many times and I'll say it again, Rollo tarnished his reputation and that of his program chasing Bosco. Now no one in Southern California (for the exception of CC) will bother playing him and his band of thugs.

I'm glad all those life-long public school kids and their families have left the school. They never belonged there in the first place.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:13 pm

I rarely agree with Domingo’s sentiments and I have no personal knowledge of what is happening at MD. However, bringing in upper class public school transfers who leave MD right after football season (which was quite predictable) is not a good look for the football program or the school. While it was the players choice to leave, I’m quite certain MD recognized the likelihood of this occurring with these transfer players. With the tremendous tradition that has been built at Mater Dei through the years, I don’t imagine this is the new legacy the school wants to have.

Lifegoeson

Post by Lifegoeson » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 pm

Domingo,
His band of “thugs” as you refer to them happen to be four year MD kids not your so called “mercenaries”
Last edited by Lifegoeson on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:43 pm

Lifegoeson wrote: Anyone that’s ever spoken to the Bennett’s know that he has been planning on graduating early since he was a freshman. There are only three seniors that graduated early and are currently enrolled in college: Bennett, Nimmo, and McCoy.
OCurbanlegend wrote: According to MD Admin, yes Bennett knew coming in, he was informed in his interview, but I guess his parents thought they could fight it and get an early diploma but MD did not budge. Bennett unlike the others had enough credits through summer school ect. to be accepted into Oregon State so they just left and enrolled.
So Big E.B. either graduated early from MD, as planned since he was at Folsom in 2015, or he lost a battle with MD for an early diploma but had enough credits through “summer school etc.” to just enroll at Oregon State without even having graduated HS.

Man, the Beavers are definitely going to be making a run at the Rose Bowl soon if OSU is accepting kids who don’t even have so much as a HS diploma --:-- :lol: #GoBeavs
OCurbanlegend wrote: I'm not sure how they will get to college early you would have to ask the coaches that made the request but they have seemed to work it out somehow.
Maybe those IE kids are all under the same non-graduation enrollment deal at Oregon/Oklahoma/Colorado (under various academic calendars) that Bennett has with OSU.

Interesting that Colorado in particular would demand that Huffman-Dixon drop out of Mater Dei, enter an immediate homeschool program, and attempt a seemingly impossible mid-semester enrollment at a university on a semester calendar ... considering the staff that Huffman-Dixon was recruited by and committed to was fired in November, and the new staff was barely hired before he signed his LOI on December 19. :-k #GoBuffs
OCurbanlegend wrote: As for Genova and the rest, yes, I am aware of the 2021 kids that left but I did not reference that class or those kids in my post.
OCurbanlegend wrote: I know I'm forgetting a few.
Just helping you out.
OCurbanlegend wrote: all self -imposed rules that will no doubt set the program back in the new wild west culture of HS Football.
Wild Wild West culture of college football too, apperently.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 pm

OCurbanlegend wrote: His parents and guardian threaten to sue MD which is the only reason he was granted an early graduation.
9E8D20C5-F93F-4E7F-91D7-D5917C59A590.jpeg
Plans changed I guess.

Man, what an ordeal! That’s awesome for Big Luke! Can’t wait to see him tweet about the story of graduating from an American high school after all he’s been through. I know he must be excited.

Going from Brisbane, Australia to LA Cathedral HS to Mater Dei (with Bryce Young and Josiah Zamora). Also will be great to see some pics of the celebration of his impending arrival at Utah, the culmination of a two-plus year journey from Brisbane to Conquest Athletic Performance Academy, to Cathdral to MD and now to early enrollment in Salt Lake.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:24 pm

Holy crap! This thread. What a freak show MD Football has become.

It's hard to believe that this is high school. I keep waiting for NCAA sanctions to be filed.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:00 pm

It is getting a little out there!

Eddyr2

Post by Eddyr2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:39 pm

Domingo wrote:There are A LOT of unhappy families involved or formerly involved with the football program because of everything involved with these transfers and the fact that most of them left the school immediately after football has only infuriated people even more. They were mercenaries from day one. Non Monarchs who barely paid a dime to attend the school for what amounted to less than a year for the sole purpose of playing football. The MD admin has heard from a lot of extremely unhappy families and that's led to this sudden change in policy. I've said it many times and I'll say it again, Rollo tarnished his reputation and that of his program chasing Bosco. Now no one in Southern California (for the exception of CC) will bother playing him and his band of thugs.

I'm glad all those life-long public school kids and their families have left the school. They never belonged there in the first place.
You talk a lot of smack for a kid named Sunday...you’re a tough guy calling Kids thugs, banana split...you’re the one who comes on here and acts like a punk but calls Kids thugs, gelato...you just sound like a dude without a pair, 2 scoops...

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:55 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote: considering the staff that Huffman-Dixon was recruited by and committed to was fired in November
The OC who recruited him to CU - Darren Chiaverini - was retained on staff. I don't know about all the dropping out of MD to homeschool and enrolling mid-semester stuff. But I know Coach Chiv (an OC native and Corona High grad who recruits the area for CU) is still at CU.

https://colorado.rivals.com/news/cuspor ... t-colorado

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:52 pm

OCurbanlegend wrote: And yes Criddell, Dollars, and Huffman Dixon are all gone and homeschooling at the request of their respective colleges. I'm not sure how they will get to college early you would have to ask the coaches that made the request but they have seemed to work it out somehow.
FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote: Interesting that Colorado in particular would demand that Huffman-Dixon drop out of Mater Dei, enter an immediate homeschool program, and attempt a seemingly impossible mid-semester enrollment at a university on a semester calendar ...
RedPillWonderland wrote: The OC who recruited him to CU - Darren Chiaverini - was retained on staff. I don't know about all the dropping out of MD to homeschool and enrolling mid-semester stuff.
Quote from linked Colorado article above:

“I’m excited to get [Huffman-Dixon] here in JUNE and work with him.”

Darren Chiaverini - Colorado WR coach and recruiting coordinator, Jan. 16, 2018

Hmmm :-k I guess somebody isn’t early enrolling at the request of his college coach after all. Maybe the “MD Admin” was just confused --:--
Last edited by FatherSonHolyHldbcks on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stugotz

Post by Stugotz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:50 pm

There is a lot of speculative banter about high school kids that I don't feel is appropriate. Yes, I know, it is my choice to view this site. However, be careful about pointing fingers on limited knowledge and rumors. I would advise some of you to get a hobby or maybe a girlfriend to distract you from the vitriol you seem to embrace. While I don't agree with the path MD football chose to embrace, we are still talking about young men who are influenced and guided by their parents.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:53 pm

See above:
2C14A603-E7CD-4C0A-A3A9-B99D288E1257.jpeg

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 am

What are the chances anything meaningful happens?

RPW

Post by RPW » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:40 am

zero
I am The Voice of Reason

templar83

Post by templar83 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:52 am

I hope most of the participants are more engaged with the topic than the two gentlemen in view who appear to be texting while driving, so to speak...

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:38 am

Hopefully they touch on kids that go to multiple schools in a 4 year span, and play. Correct on it's the parents, then the kids feel a sense of entitlement because the administration and staff are good with it and allow it. Is research done? Turning a blind eye or turning yourself in after you've been made is a shame. The smart people at the CIF table should do what's right, since not a lot of that happens these days.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:51 am

To top it off, now we are hearing about the diversity at the CIF table. I'd be fine with putting in a person of ethnicity at the table for the big fella not paying attention on his phone. It should be based on character not color of your skin though. Ignoring the topic by sidetracking or headfaking everyone because of race is a cop out! The fact is players / families of all colors are doing it and it must be addressed. Coaches are getting mad because now they will actually have to coach and game plan vs show up, show out 5 star!

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:08 pm

hit the lights wrote: It should be based on character not color of your skin though. Ignoring the topic by sidetracking or headfaking everyone because of race is a cop out!
Yeah this group looks like the finest collection of men and women of “character” in all the Southland! I think it’s a complete and thorough representation of ALL the people in the Southern Section.

Obviously there are a couple of Crenshaw and LA Garfield grads in there. So glad no one took the “headfake” !! Thank God for their hard work and dedication!

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:49 am

Hey, that group at the table is the same group that has been allowing all this transfering in the first place. Be careful what you wish for. Now, since over 70 % of coaches and schools are complaining , they decide to step up and make a change. Private with Privates , transfer all you want, publics with publics, you transfer you sit one year. No moving , no hardships, you sit for 1 year. If a public school decides to play a private in the pre season, more power to you, but not in league or not in the playoffs. Not really a hard decision. Gotta keep em seperated. I think BJ was on to something???? Look at MD, BOSCO, JSERRA, they are the NOTRE DAME of HS football. Private! :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: