Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

OCurbanlegend

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by OCurbanlegend » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:18 am

Milton would have been accepted if he wanted to come because he is an "out of area kid" which is apparently the new criteria...

LV's parents never really applied all the way but he most likely would have been turned away as a second semester Jr.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:46 am

Is the senior-to-be transfer from La Habra considered ‘out of area’?

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:55 am

RedPillWonderland wrote: But yes, I’m sure Justin Flowe, LV Bunkley-Shelton, Kendall Milton, Vontaze Burfict, Deanthony Thomas, John Elway and Keyshawn Johnson were all secretly rejected by the “MD Admin” since the end of the season.
ROFL Left out Antonio Brown, LeVeon Bell, Jason Witten, Kyler Murray, and the Boogeyman!!

And I love how the “reasoning” of the “insiders” changes every week for why these fake rejections happened. If we were to believe these fake reports, Tia Meza and Pat Murphy went full-on Dikembe Mutumbo finger wag to all comers [-X

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:53 pm

OutOfState wrote:Is the senior-to-be transfer from La Habra considered ‘out of area’?
No he is not out of area. He was allowed in because he applied the year before but had to stop the process because his father was sick, actually terminally ill and as such the family could not move. They were told at that time because of the situation with the boys fathers health that they could reapply the following year if they choose to. This was documented and the only reason MD took the kid. And as you are probably aware the boys father passed.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:48 am

Here is a transfer out of MD. He saw some limited time at WR last year and returned punts. Given MD’s unknown skill players nest year he may have been a contributer next year.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:30 am

Lorick was defintely talented, if small at 5’10” 150 lbs. There was talk about his potential since he came to MD from the IE Ducks, and his surprise performance at the 2017 Battle of the Beach the summer before his freshman year, when he scored a couple of touchdowns with Mater Dei missing Amon Ra, Bru and CJ Parks.

He returned punts for TDs last season in blowouts against La Mirada and Valencia, but only had two varsity catches the entire season. He would have been in the rotation, but he would have again been battling to get snaps at slot WR behind more experienced players like Kody Epps (barring transfer) and Josiah Zamora.

Probably the best move for the kid. Gets a chance to be a big fish/small pond two-way starter for the next two years for the D13 CIF champs in the High Desert, where I believe he’s from.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:08 pm

Professor Fate wrote:No, what caused the lawsuit was Mater Dei wanting special exemption from the transfer rules that everyone else had to live by.

Professor
I will quote a line from Moneyball:
"You think you know but you don't,,,,, you don't"

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:24 am

MD has a new kicker according to Sondy. Maybe he brings his teammate Milton :-)

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:29 am

Hmm.wondering if ........, will be checking in from around that area also - just saying....

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:57 am

A kicker transferring? Good lord.

"Checking in"? So is this another 8 month rental that will go back to Clovis(?) once the seasons over?

Seriously, a kicker. Do they waste a full ride on a kicker?

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:22 am

Don’t underscore the importance of kicking. Most MD games it doesn’t matter because they are blowouts. But against a good team with good returners, a kicker that consistently kicks the ball into the endzone is a huge weapon.
I’m going to go as far as saying that when MD beat Bosco in the regular season in 2016, their punter Ryan Stonehouse was arguably the key player that game. He flipped field position multiple times which was critical.
Ask Bosco also if they wish they had a good kicker when they traveled to St Thomas Aquinas the first game of the season 2 years ago.
Why do kickers get no love --:--

Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:41 pm

cruiser wrote:Hmm.wondering if ........, will be checking in from around that area also - just saying....
No Milton. Thats been dead and squashed for quite some time.. No need to be "...just saying.."

Every transfer MD gets comedian posters will all refer to as rentals, going back after season, etc... say something worthy instead of repeating what's been rehashed over and over..

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:45 pm

gotta admit, when i saw from Buchanan, my heart jumped thinking it for Milton.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:18 pm

Sweetness34 wrote:No Milton. Thats been dead and squashed for quite some time.. No need to be "...just saying.."

Every transfer MD gets comedian posters will all refer to as rentals, going back after season, etc... say something worthy instead of repeating what's been rehashed over and over..

So, who are you? I can post what I want on the board (long as it's legal free speech),if you don't
like it then don't read it or post about it, geez...

Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:27 pm

cruiser - you're right, I'm tired of the same re-hashed comments and non-worthy stuff that goes on these boards.. I usually keep tight lipped for the most part and just breeze on by on my occasional visit, but I didn't this time..

Publicworx

Post by Publicworx » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:39 pm

I heard a upcoming QB from the IE is headed to the OC Trinity...

Stay tuned for Eric's Sondheimer tweets hahah =D>

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:41 pm

No problem, Sweet; take care.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:49 pm

Publicworx wrote:I heard a upcoming QB from the IE is headed to the OC Trinity...

Stay tuned for Eric's Sondheimer tweets hahah =D>
So are we starting a rumor mill on Anthony Duffy like we did last year about Justin Flowe?

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm

AJ Duffy?

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:16 pm

So who;s the Texas OL going to Mater Dei?