Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

joefutbol

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by joefutbol » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:57 pm

Yes, they were the two best teams. And Murray threw for over 600 yards and six touchdowns against them, and his top target and the top WR picked in the draft didn't play against Bama. He also added over 200 yards and two more touchdowns on the ground. The offense put up 79 points in those games... he can't play defensive line, too (you're correct, he's too small).

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:21 am

Domingo wrote:I again bring up Bruce's enduring Legacy as a football coach. Bringing in "Non-Mater Dei" kids and families for the sole purpose of keeping up with Negro at St. John Bosco results in this kind of fiasco which has pissed the F out of many many Mater Dei families that have always been there for the right reasons. You bring in this life-long public school I.E and L.A. trash and you get football players that are attending the school for $200/month and come and go when the situation fits their specific needs. Green Warren and Ricks never belonged at Mater Dei. They're not Mater Dei kids. They're now where they should have been all along. The kids that didn't get to play because of this mercenaries paid the price. Bruce won't be remembered for winning National Championships. He'll be remembered for turning his back on a culture he spent decades building only to destroy it in pursuit of Jason Negro.
Domingo
You are my favorite. You are such a terrible human being and of course a coward on top of it. I do love that you fly your Catholicism flag so high. I really hope you are right about this whole heaven and hell thing as it brings my great joy thinking about you spending eternity drowning in flames. Actually anything that brings a little more misery into your already miserable existence brings me joy. Thanks again for letting us all know when it happens. The idea that what is going on at Mater Dei or anywhere else is so torturous to you that it makes my soul smile.
Keep up the good work Cardinal =D> :lol:

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:46 am

if anyone thinks this is a case of Mater Dei playing difficult with Ricks and DGW and making it difficult for them SOLELY due to their difficult academic standards, then you're fooling your self. In the case of Ricks, he really only has himself to blame. I dont know much about DGW's case and won't comment.

Ricks should feel blessed if he's ever able to graduate early.

Still no sight from MDDad I see.

Trojan4L

Post by Trojan4L » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:52 am

Can someone please enlighten me on the troubles with Elias Ricks? I know he's a talent, but I haven't heard about any troubles.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:38 am

jb914 wrote:Hate to see both DB's leave MD. I think it's a mistake for the parents to allow them to leave and not complete school just to get on a college campus 6 months early. Enjoy the time in high school it's more fun than adulting.
This is fishy as hell. DWG hasn't even selected a college but he so anxious to get there that he is transferring from a top 5 team in the nation to Narbonne? Is this MD cleaning house before they go down? There is no way that the CIF isn't looking into the fiasco that MD has become. The Ranch Cuc guys were an embarrassment, this is starting to look like a pattern.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:22 am

It is sort of weird,usually if a player and his/her parents already know what they are going to do,
regarding transferring out, its done at the semester break (not always but usually) and not a month before the end of the school academic year as in MD's case.

And - if MD has become a fiasco,then the CIF better start investigating Bosco also...
Better, check out Narbonne also...

But, ya; looks like more to the Ricks/DGW situation then is being told...

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:48 am

don't be that guy.

Don't be that guy.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:38 am

I'm trying not to be, but this whole MD circus is ridiculous. Everybody watched it happen and yet it continued (and got worse.) Tell me that this is on the up-and-up? I get that kids want to go to the best schools to play football, but to have them transfer in and and then transfer back out after the season or to have kids mysteriously transfer out with a month of school left before their senior year. C'mon man. Something is wrong.

OCmom

Post by OCmom » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:27 pm

open your eyes to the bigger picture. No one leaves in a semester unless they were asked to. Academics, disciplinary issues. Figure out why MD is quiet about it. These are students not just football players.

bodhi

Post by bodhi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:25 pm

Why does CIF have to investigate MD, Bosco, and Narbone? Because MD had a few kids transfer out? Maybe they didn't like it at MD, maybe they wanted to graduate early, maybe they just want out. CIF has created this monster and it won't change until they make a hard line transfer rule. Maybe they need to investigate CIF, schools can't control if a student wants to leave. MD can't make them stay in school if they want out.

I have the solution........ One year sit out if you transfer. Doesn't matter for what reason or excuse. ONE YEAR and you can't play sports. I promise you every Private school would be good with this. It's the public schools that wouldn't allow it.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:52 pm

don't be that guy
"Circus" is a little over the top unless you are from Servite than I understand. However in my opinion the refusal of most transfers this year is a direct result of the MD hierarchy having enough. They also want the guys who will be
Monarchs for life, not for a season.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:17 pm

Dollars and Criddell having a signing day at Rancho Cucamonga after transferring back officially made this era of Mater Dei football a circus. This current non-sense with the DB's is a circus. Hell, holding kids back a year for athletics only to have them try to graduate early is very circus-like.

It may be a little over the top, but it is true.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:20 pm

Ok then, bring on the elephants.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:36 pm

don't be that guy
When you said MD was a circus I think your subconscious meant that MD football was the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH.
Now go run with that for awhile.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:58 pm

dont be that guy wrote: It I may be a little over the top,.but it is true.
FIFY :)

Seriously, what do you want MD to do? force kids, to stay? the ring leader you speak of is the parents allowing this to happen.

People on this board bitch about MD "selling its soul" and when MD stands pat for the academic requirements for athletes to graduate early you still bitch.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:30 pm

Maybe not take transfers who are only enrolling to play football. Unless they only care about winning football games, that is. If that's the case then they should let them enroll for the season.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:24 pm

So Ricks smartly decided against trying to graduate a year early (because he can't). Where is he currently at? Roosevelt?

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:43 pm

watchersince68 wrote:...in my opinion the refusal of most transfers this year is a direct result of the MD hierarchy having enough. They also want the guys who will be
Monarchs for life, not for a season.
Holy mackerel there Safire! Was that a PIG I just saw fly by the window!
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

templar83

Post by templar83 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:15 am

It could have been a volleyball; and on that note congratulations to the Huntington Beach Oilers for their victory over Servite in the first round of the CIF-SS Division 1 boys volleyball playoffs AT Servite last night.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:09 am

joefutbol wrote:Yes, they were the two best teams.
and he was 1-2 vs the two best teams. Bama obviously let off the gas to try and save players for the championship game and play run out the clock. But, you are entitled to your opinion.

It's funny the criticism of Haskins is he only played 1 season. Well, if you replace Haskins with Murray you could say the same thing. Plus, OU's schedule wasn't exactly stellar.

:cheers: