Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

templar83

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by templar83 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:14 pm

Logic would dictate, since they are now on the team roster, they are in school, on the team and cleared to compete when league begins. If true, it certainly improves the depth and quality of their defense, no?

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:26 pm

templar83 wrote: Logic would dictate, since they are now on the team roster, they are in school, on the team and cleared to compete when league begins. If true, it certainly improves the depth and quality of their defense, no?
Agreed. This is pure speculation but my guess it was for disciplinary reasons that they sat out half the season. The school never comments about personal discipline.
Whatever the reason I hope they learned from it and come back strong. Both are quality players and add additional depth.

templar83

Post by templar83 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:40 pm

Not only that, but according to the updated roster Sepulona is now 6' 8", which means he sprouted about 8'' over the summer. Pretty impressive. LOL.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:18 pm

OutOfState wrote: Whatever the reason I hope they learned from it and come back strong. Both are quality players and add additional depth.
Exactly. Hope they both grew from the adversity no matter how it transpired. :thumbsup:

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:56 pm

Just in time for Trinity League. Well played Bruce, well played.

Knowing what they were in trouble for, I was surprised the punishment lasted this long. Really thought 2-3 games max. For a sec, it seemed like it was going to be for the year.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:58 pm

templar83 wrote:Not only that, but according to the updated roster Sepulona is now 6' 8", which means he sprouted about 8'' over the summer. Pretty impressive. LOL.
And Tupe is listed as a 6'1" 290(!) lb LB...is that for real?

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:34 pm

Omar Bongo wrote: And Tupe is listed as a 6'1" 290(!) lb LB...is that for real?
Tupe is a lineman. Played both DL and OL last season.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:10 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:And Tupe is listed as a 6'1" 290(!) lb LB...is that for real?
Thats pretty much his size. Don't think he's quite 6'1"

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:24 pm

I asked because a LB that weight would have to defy the laws of physics
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:14 am

BIG TIME Texas QB is about to transfer to Mater Dei this off season.

Your move Bosco.

OC Sports

Post by OC Sports » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:26 pm

Do you know who it is?

templar83

Post by templar83 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:41 pm

He does, Kupp's in the know. But those "can't miss" players seldom work out.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:16 pm

KuppRunneth wrote:BIG TIME Texas QB is about to transfer to Mater Dei this off season.

Your move Bosco.
I would think there are a number of QBs in SoCal who are either freshman or sophomores that would be filling the void for BY next year. Whoever it is will have a boatload of talented receives as Epps graduates but they return everybody else.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:21 pm

KuppRunneth wrote:BIG TIME Texas QB is about to transfer to Mater Dei this off season.
Your move Bosco.

..if true,I'm sure the player appreciates the post while he is playing for his present
team currently, geez...

Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:35 pm

Your move Bosco.
Unless you just heard something NEW and recently fresh, this is old news - yes this was the word, but its now a no - that was about at the end of summer, right before Fall camp. This will be the 3rd time this has surfaced - just like the constant noise of 5 star RBs who were coming in - Im sure a QB will come in - but as far as I know its not a Texas kid unless something new developed.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:56 pm

Sweetness34 wrote: This will be the 3rd time this has surfaced - just like the constant noise of 5 star RBs who were coming in
Yeah, remember when Kendall Milton’s “bags were packed” for MD? Basically we got the SoCal HS Adam Schefters around here lol

Why would they need a Texas kid when you’ve got the top 2022 QB in the nation more than willing to join his Premium teammates and Stars training partners?
Last edited by RedPillWonderland on Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:11 pm

OutOfState wrote: I would think there are a number of QBs in SoCal who are either freshman or sophomores that would be filling the void for BY next year.
Well there certainly is one that will be ... trains with BY actually. You might even see them putting in some work this summer when Bryce comes back from break at Bama, if you happen to be on the other side of the 5 from Disneyland. DJ will probably be there too if he’s back from Clemson.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:33 pm

Amack001 wrote: Hmmm...wonder if RedPill has any updates?
Sorry dude, I was in Europe for a bit and honestly checked out of the OC Connect roundtable lol. Some interesting developments while I was gone though.

I’ve heard that both kids had ”school code” issues, but nothing involving conduct similar to what led to the early season/state title game suspensions of other MD players last year. Not sure of the complete veracity of that, but it fits the situation.

Tupe apparently also had a separate personal life event that I wouldn’t blame him for taking some time off for.

Glad that each kid will get an opportunity to finish their last season of HS football. Especially Moses, who is a good kid from a good family (Tupe is too I’m sure, BTW) and has been at MD his entire career. A 3 year varsity kid, an absolute dog on the field, and he actually started the 2017 state title game as a sophomore in place of an injured Solo Tuliaupupu.

Certainly won’t hurt the Monarch defense to have 2 more legit D1 prospects to plug in to EJ’s unit for league and the playoffs.

OldSunsetFan

Post by OldSunsetFan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:29 pm

I hope the best for both young men.

Mater Dei will be fine this season with or without each student being available to play after the second part of the season. If they are able to play? Mater Dei will most likely bring them back slowly for each of the boy's safety.

OldSunsetFan

Post by OldSunsetFan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:55 pm

Sefita Tupa started and Moses Sepulona played most of the last 3 quarters. Looks like everybody played tonight from Mater Dei’s roster.