Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

templar83

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by templar83 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:32 am

hocyouthguy wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:57 am
Well that sucks. Thought we found our next Sepulona.
Not even close. And Kuppster, he would not have been a fit at MD except perhaps on special teams....IMO of course.

aberamsey

Post by aberamsey » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:28 pm

Not even close. And Kuppster, he would not have been a fit at MD except perhaps on special teams....IMO of course.
This opinion is correct. He's better off at St. Bernard's

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:47 pm

Bongo,

In the coaching community a senior transfer in a kid that transfers in to play just his senior year at said school, including the coaches at Mater Dei.

A senior transfer is not a kid that comes in the summer or fall. A senior transfer is not according to his academic class but his next season athletic status.

In football coaches nomenclature a senior transfer is a kid that transfers in from Jan of his junior year to when school starts. He will play his SENIOR year at a new school.

Last year MD was told they can not take any senior transfers, which include academic juniors in the winter and spring.

But Rollo told his admin "we don't develop kids here, we have had years and years of 10-0 league championships on the freshman level but we get out-coached against bosco! We need to rent a new team that has been developed at other school to come in as seniors and make us look good!"

All kidding aside in football coaches speak a senior transfer in someone who is DONE playing football as a junior. Ross is a senior transfer. Kenyon Burnett is a junior transfer into us after finishing his sophomore football season at JS.
With football in the trinity being year round, who transfers into a school to play football in hell week anymore??? MD per there twitter was on the field practicing on Friday.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:23 pm

credofriar wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:47 pm
Bongo,

In the coaching community a senior transfer in a kid that transfers in to play just his senior year at said school, including the coaches at Mater Dei.

A senior transfer is not a kid that comes in the summer or fall. A senior transfer is not according to his academic class but his next season athletic status.

In football coaches nomenclature a senior transfer is a kid that transfers in from Jan of his junior year to when school starts. He will play his SENIOR year at a new school.

Last year MD was told they can not take any senior transfers, which include academic juniors in the winter and spring.

But Rollo told his admin "we don't develop kids here, we have had years and years of 10-0 league championships on the freshman level but we get out-coached against bosco! We need to rent a new team that has been developed at other school to come in as seniors and make us look good!"

All kidding aside in football coaches speak a senior transfer in someone who is DONE playing football as a junior. Ross is a senior transfer. Kenyon Burnett is a junior transfer into us after finishing his sophomore football season at JS.
With football in the trinity being year round, who transfers into a school to play football in hell week anymore??? MD per there twitter was on the field practicing on Friday.
thank you for stating facts. This guy tried to be a smart ass and knew full well what I was talking about. Once your junior season is over, your senior season clock starts. And I always heard Rollo won't take a incoming senior football player from within the trinity league, or so I thought that was his policy.

Bongo is still salty.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:24 pm

templar83 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:32 am
really? You don't think he can start at safety? What two guys are better? Genuinely curious.

I love this kid.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:26 pm

Credo dare you mess with the “Semantics” Police.. #-o
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:16 pm

credofriar wrote:Last year MD was told
Exactly who told who and where do you get your info?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:46 pm

Kuppster wrote:This guy tried to be a smart ass
Projection doesn't become you old friend, no matter which account you're posting under...Instead of personal insults, maybe you should just stick to making sure you don't post rumor and falsehood here, eh? Funny how there's nary an 'Oops, sorry about that' from you when you confidently post misinformation as fact on here like
Kuppster wrote:And now New Zealand Williams is transferring to MD.
Great pick up
yet you're all too eager to attack others when your dubious opinions are questioned... :roll:

Once again, the kid is a junior until he passes his finals and earns the credits to be a senior...period. I'm shocked that fans of "conference" rivals have a different view, shocked I say.

Oh, and if anybody has the actual Rollo quote stating this purported "policy", now would be the time to post it...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:06 pm

We've been told it's an unofficial policy of the administration to not accept transfer athletes for their senior seasons from within the county or the league, but exceptions are made for "extenuating circumstances." I suppose needing an interior lineman counts as an extenuating circumstance, even though it's for his senior season.

Is the player transferring going to be playing his junior season or senior season for the school? Senior season? He's a senior transfer.

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:11 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:16 pm
Exactly who told who and where do you get your info?
Co-Head Coach Dubar was crying about it because he had Loya and others all locked in. Loya went to Bosco once MD said they couldn't take him because of the new rule.

Just made a quick call. It was a policy from Patrick Murphy the president who I guess just left at the end of the calendar year. So now Bruce is bringing any ANYBODY/EVERYBODY that can help them beat bosco since it was the presidents policy and he is gone now.

hocyouthguy

Post by hocyouthguy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:36 pm

templar83 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:32 am
I don’t think UGA offers kids for special teams, but whatever you say...

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:41 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:46 pm
Once again, the kid is a junior until he passes his finals and earns the credits to be a senior...period. I'm shocked that fans of "conference" rivals have a different view, shocked I say.
Academically YES. Athletically for a one sport athlete, you are wrong.... go ask your own coaches

I am not shocked you don't know this...… you have proven time and time again you don't know much.
Last edited by credofriar on Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:42 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:46 pm
Projection doesn't become you old friend, no matter which account you're posting under...Instead of personal insults, maybe you should just stick to making sure you don't post rumor and falsehood here, eh? Funny how there's nary an 'Oops, sorry about that' from you when you confidently post misinformation as fact on here like
i think its safe to say if I were using different accounts in order to become a different "person", I'd choose something else that didnt start with Kupp.

But keep deflecting like usual. Stop being such a dweeb and just be normal with everyone. Do you just enjoy being disliked by people on the net? Life sucks that bad? We know you wouldn't be like this in person. Everyone is grown in here. Chill man, chill. It's ok.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:41 pm

Wow, no matter what account you're using your skin is as thin as ever...how about a simple "I was wrong"? Afraid it'll tarnish the image you're trying to create?

I asked if anyone could state the actual policy being purported and all I get is "We've been told", "I guess", "Apparently", and "Ask your own coaches" so it's apparent nobody here really knows, but let's not let that trouble us.

Kid didn't even play a down for JSerra as far as I can tell, but if it wasn't this, it would be something else. At least it distracts from the in-league transfers your own schools are taking in...kinda
George Will

Donald Trump

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:31 am

All of the other noise notwithstanding, and while I agree with you on much Mr Bongo, I must offer that a “Senior Transfer”, with regard to athletics, would be one that transfers after their JR. season in the respective sport has expired and thus the athlete has one year of eligibility left in said sport.
I know you’re wise enough to realize the validity of this, despite the logic of your semantic/literal argument, and are being contrarian because of all of the other spewed speculation by your adversaries.
Another thing I respectfully disagree with is just accepting this age of the transient athlete as “the right to take your talents where you choose”. Yes, a parent is free to try and put their child in the best position for success. But that begs the question of what the definition of success at 18 years old is. And therein lies the dilemma. Doing the math of high school athletes, athletic scholarships and ascension to professional sports we all know that only a tiny fraction of athletes enjoy the aforementioned levels of “success”. What about all of the other important development that need to occur within those 4 years of HS? I wonder what the long term manifestations might be of an adolescent/young adult having no consistency of environment; social, educational, residential. I won’t even mention virtues of loyalty, community and perseverance. Such are sadly absent in today’s current climate.
I will still argue to the death that in this day and age, if a kid has talent, it don’t matter where he plays. Bryce Young would have the same offers if he played 8 man at The Sisters of the Poor. He just wouldn’t be Gatorade Player of the year.
Why does a kid with all the offers he can handle transfer? To win or get more (un-needed) Ink. That’s it. Think about that. There’s nothing wrong with the desire to win but I find it to be a sad statement. But alas we live in an instant-gratification, all-about-me society from Top to Bottom. And instead of trying to reel it in we seem to just acquiesce and perpetuate it. God only knows what the future portends for my 3 and 5 year old boys. I can say, with a pretty good amount of confidence, they will spend their 4 years at the same small parochial school, come hell or high water. Because it’s a great SCHOOL. A great preparation for college and life. And if they are scholarship athletes (quite questionable at this point 😂) the scholarships will find them. By then probably via AI Drone recruiters.
Happy New Year.
"A woman once drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her."
W.C. Fields

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:21 am

@Al-Ko :notworthy:
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:16 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:41 pm
I asked if anyone could state the actual policy being purported and all I get is "We've been told"
MDDad wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:56 am
It is the unofficial policy of the Mater Dei administration to not accept transfer athletes for their senior seasons from Orange County and Trinity League schools unless there are major extenuating circumstances.
Yeah, we've been told.
Omar Bongo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:41 pm
how about a simple "I was wrong"?
How about taking your own advice?

templar83

Post by templar83 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:34 am

Not to put to fine a point on what MDDad posted in the middle of last December, but... the policy was apparently "unofficial" ( read Patrick Murphy's rule ) and since he is no longer at the school perhaps an update might read, " It WAS the unofficial policy of the PRIOR Mater Dei Administration etc, etc..."

In any case, things have clearly changed...

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:43 am

Well, clearly. Besides, an "unofficial" policy always leaves wiggle room, as opposed to an official one. Doesn't it?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:22 pm

joefutbol wrote:How about taking your own advice?
Can I quote you?

(see what I did there?)
George Will

Donald Trump