Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

OldSunsetFan

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by OldSunsetFan »

RedPillWonderland wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:55 am LOL the Braves spiking the football on a little “roster enhancement”

Bosco going all in on the transfers like it’s 2019!! And picking up star recruits with easy-to-admit transcripts from local parochial schools ... with 2 years to play! This is next level stuff people.

Hard to believe they even needed to do this, because the Fall 2021 team is so stacked with top D1 prospects already, at every spot in every class. ESPECIALLY at DB where they return all 4 starters (Harley, Hala, Beasley, McClain) and where every BACKUP has D1 FBS/Power 5 offers (Ryan Tuaolo (former transfer), Ty Lee, Peyton Woodyard, Celles Williams).

That’s not to mention other returning kids at DB who are solid high school players that got snaps in Spring 2021 (i.e. Elias Archie) or young talented DB recruits already coming up in the program (Tamal Johnson, Frankie Edwards, Quimari Shemwell, Rayjohn White, Kevin Longstreet, Dillon Rickenbacker). What happens to THEM now?? That’s a LONG line to wait in just to get reps at PRACTICE.

#BraveNation’s raid of Alemany HS for a National Top 100 4-star safety recruit (Jones) and a 4-star cornerback (Frausto-Ramos) will likely cause a domino transfer portal effect over there on Bellflower Blvd. Expect to see some of these kids end up at their neighborhood schools or on a less overflowing private school depth chart. Good news for the Downey Warrens, Long Beach Polys and Bishop Amats of the area ...
Plus add the kids coming in as Freshmen.
RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland »

OldSunsetFan wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:54 am Plus add the kids coming in as Freshmen.
Preach!

Sidenote: since when is Alemany the Trinity League farm system for top recruits??

Last year it was Miller Moss to Mater Dei (for about a month, pre-COVID delays) and Damonic Williams to Santa Margarita (for about a week, before CIF put the kibosh on his eligibility due to the attempted double transfer and he went back to Alemany).

The Clausens (and whoever they hire as their new AD) better get a padlock on the doors up there in the Valley because they’ve got a locker room full of DUDES and the Trinity League vanpools are obviously gassed up and back in service post pandemic ...
dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy »

RedPillWonderland wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:55 am #DESTINATIONBOSCO LOL the Braves spiking the football on a little “roster enhancement”

Bosco going all in on the transfers like it’s 2019!! And picking up star recruits with easy-to-admit transcripts from local parochial schools ... with 2 years to play! This is next level stuff people.

Hard to believe they even needed to do this, because the Fall 2021 team is so stacked with top D1 prospects already, at every spot in every class. ESPECIALLY at DB where they return all 4 starters (Harley, Hala, Beasley, McClain) and where every BACKUP has D1 FBS/Power 5 offers (Ryan Tuaolo (former transfer), Ty Lee, Peyton Woodyard, Celles Williams).

That’s not to mention other returning kids at DB who are solid high school players that got snaps in Spring 2021 (i.e. Elias Archie) or young talented DB recruits already coming up in the program (Tamal Johnson, Frankie Edwards, Quimari Shemwell, Rayjohn White, Kevin Longstreet, Dillon Rickenbacker). What happens to THEM now?? That’s a LONG line to wait in just to get reps at PRACTICE.

#BraveNation’s raid of Alemany HS for a National Top 100 4-star safety recruit (Jones) and a 4-star cornerback (Frausto-Ramos) will likely cause a domino transfer portal effect over there on Bellflower Blvd. Expect to see some of these kids end up at their neighborhood schools or on a less overflowing private school depth chart. Good news for the Downey Warrens, Long Beach Polys and Bishop Amats of the area ...

Or maybe they can transfer to Mater Dei, I'm sure that they don't have those exact same issues.
hocyouthguy

Post by hocyouthguy »

RedPillWonderland wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:55 am Geeeeez! The rumors of this have been out there since April but clearly Jason Negro is not letting that MD loss go over lightly!!
Not gonna make a difference. MD’s comfortably ahead, in both starting talent and incoming freshmen. SBJ needs a DJ-level QB to offset EB. PC not that guy.
RedPillWonderland

dont be that guy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:31 am Not gonna make a difference. MD’s comfortably ahead, in both starting talent and incoming freshmen. SBJ needs a DJ-level QB to offset EB. PC not that guy.
I hear you, and I don’t necessarily disagree. But I don’t know ... Bosco is out here loading up like the SEALS before a night raid in the Tribals. And if the things currently being floated about some other Alemany kids are true, or the next stop for some of Manny Douglas’ top prospect cast offs at St Bernards, the Braves aren’t done “roster building.”#DestinationBosco

Feels a lot like 2 years ago, when Negro was “augmenting his roster” with D1 prospects to get equipped for a run to prevent MD from 3-peating and wasting the career of the best football player Bosco has ever had. Cant knock the hustle, and hey, it worked before!

Now I get that every time MD or Bosco gets transfers in and someone mentions it, there is always a “but look, brother did it too!” reaction in the comments. MD might have a clearer picture at QB and it has a loaded roster too. But let’s not get it twisted: Bosco has TWO future D1 QBs splitting series, and MD doesn’t (currently) have 3rd and 4th string DBs to whom SC, Florida St, Georgia and many other P5 programs have offered scholarships.

Doesn’t mean Bosco has a better TEAM. I thought they had a better ROSTER than MD this past spring, and they still got blown out of the Bowl by a 9th grade QB and Quincy Craig (I know I know, the refs). So obviously coaching, scheme, chemistry, and execution will probably matter most. But the Braves stacking talent on top of talent on top of college-level talent (with great in-game coaches like Negro and Chris King) eventually could become too much to overcome.

Like Kuppster said, Negro basically just told Rollo: “your move.”
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Speaking of the Bosco QB's, are both still there that were the part time starters
last season?
RedPillWonderland

Katin Houser and Pierce Clarkson were both at the Steve Clarkson Retreat last weekend, and both told reporters they were SJB players. I don’t see either transferring when they can both split equal reps on the likely preseason No. 1 or 2 team in the nation, each put up great numbers, and still get recruited at a high level (Houser has already found a great fit and program in Boise St). Houser’s family moved to Newport Beach last year when he transferred in from Nevada (now living closer to the Bosco vanpool stop in Anaheim), so I guess it’s possible he decides to finish up somewhere like CdM where he can start every game and make a run at a lower level state title, but I doubt it.

I also think that barring something unforeseen, there is no way Pierce Clarkson is leaving Bosco before graduation. His dad has worked with Josh Rosen, Re-Al Mitchell and DJ Uiagalelei for years and (with Peter Berg as creator) Steve co-produced the Netflix “QB1” series in 2017 featuring Bosco. Steve basically secured the lone class of 2023 Bosco QB spot for his son, linking up with long time friend Jason Negro - when Malachi Nelson was already all but enrolled in Bellflower back in 2019. Would be shocked if Pierce’s senior season at Bosco in 2022 isn’t featured on QB1 as well.
Kuppster

Post by Kuppster »

a little birdie told ne Pierce has been told he is the started and will get the bulk of the minutes next season.

Its the right move and moves too much sense.
RedPillWonderland

I’m sure this comment will get heat, but I actually think Houser is the better QB prospect (and HS QB right now) between the two overall.

He’s got way better footwork than Pierce in the pocket, a better release, can make every throw, is more accurate, can extend plays and throw downfield accurately on the run, and he’s more mobile than he gets credit for (had a 50 yard run off an RPO keeper and a rushing TD in 2000-degree weather against JSerra). He’s also 2-3 inches taller than Pierce.

Yes the last impression of him is a turnover machine in the 2nd half of the MD game. But Pierce was a complete non factor in that game both scrambling and passing. And I think that Superman play by Quincy Craig (FF on Houser on the 1/2 yard line) got in Houser’s head - how could it not. It was over after that. If Houser scores there, he probably plays every series the rest of the game IMO and Bosco at least gives Rollo some heartburn down the stretch.

Will be interesting to watch, especially with the schedule they have right from Game 1. Negro is in a position where he has to keep Pierce (and his dad) happy, because he’s a really good QB as well and could start for pretty much any other local school outside of Mater Dei, Warren and Los Al. But I’d be surprised if Houser stays at SJB and doesn’t continue to get at least equal reps.
OldSunsetFan

Post by OldSunsetFan »

RedPillWonderland wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:25 pm But I’d be surprised if Houser stays at SJB and doesn’t continue to get at least equal reps.
He is already committed to Boise State. He is not leaving.
RedPillWonderland

OldSunsetFan wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:38 pm He is already committed to Boise State.
I know (I said that above).
OldSunsetFan wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:38 pm He is not leaving.
I didn’t say he was.
RedPillWonderland

Not saying this will happen at all, but I would love to see Ephesians Prysock of Alemany transfer to Mater Dei, if only so he could be on the same defense as Leviticus Su’a.

The Old and New Testaments haven’t come together like that since Jesus walked the Earth.
RedPillWonderland

Strong safety Gage Grant, the Empire Lg Defensive Player of the Year, has transferred from Tustin to Santa Margarita. Joins 1st team all Trinity Lg DE Ryan Zolnick from JSerra as a defensive transfer. And of course QB Jaxon Potter from JSerra is now at SM. The portal has been good to the Eagles so far this offseason.
RedPillWonderland

First team all Trinity Lg Offensive Lineman Rashad Beckham has also checked out of JSerra to join the Diablos over on Chrisanta Dr.

Big pickup in the trenches for Chad Johnson and Mission. The defections continue in SJC for the Lions.

Given that Harlow is still on staff as line coach after handing off the headset and switching places with an assistant, it’s a bit surprising to see them lose their best returning OL (Beckham) and their best returning DL (Zolnick). That is two of their 4 total 1st team all Trinity kids from the spring, best two trench players, their best two returning players OVERALL, and their would-be senior captains for the fall. Stings to see them walk to a rival (SM) and a local public school (Mission). On the bright side, at least they didn’t go to Bosco or MD.

Tough summer for Scott McKnight and we haven’t even hit Father’s Day.
123Trinity

Post by 123Trinity »

JS in full rebuild mode. Kids that wanted out are out. Would be surprised if anyone else left at this point. Have to imagine JS looking at Soph/Jr class to carry them through this year in hopes of a better year in 2022 when the team won't be so young (assuming no more transfers).
RedPillWonderland

Two of the Manny Douglas/St Bernard free agents have landed and it turns out the Clausens and Alemany already had a HS All American backfill in place for one the DBs Bosco took (plus a D1 RB recruit to balance the roster) ...

Calabasas to St Bernard to Alemany for both. The CIFSS George Michael Transfer Machine is back in full effect.
RedPillWonderland

In non-football-related transfer news, Mater Dei continues to use Santa Margarita as a farm system for basketball prospects ...

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy »

"past season"? Isn't SM still playing? Isn't MD as well? That is super awkward if true.

Does he continue to play if he's not enrolled?
SondyBurner

Post by SondyBurner »

RedPillWonderland wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:57 pm Two of the Manny Douglas/St Bernard free agents have landed and it turns out the Clausens and Alemany already had a HS All American backfill in place for one the DBs Bosco took (plus a D1 RB recruit to balance the roster) ...
RedPillWonderland wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:57 pm Calabasas to St Bernard to Alemany for both. The CIFSS George Michael Transfer Machine is back in full effect.

This has become the nature of the beast to try and compete within the same neighborhood as MD and SJB.

It’s enjoyable to watch the musical chairs of talent transfer from one to school to another and from one coach to the next.

Narbonne before St Bernard, Calabasas before Alemany, Manny Douglas, Casey Clausen, Bruce Rollinson, Jason Negro, and on down the line, coaches must acquire the talent to compete. They gotta fill up the cupboard even if they already have a 4* RB or DB on their roster.

That top tier talent might not be on their roster tomorrow. Because an assistant LB coach or OL assistant is seeking out someone else’s studs to come join their squad.

This is the world that the two programs at the top have created.

Just be careful not to bend the rules too far, you might find yourself intertwined with a federal investigation.
RedPillWonderland

SondyBurner wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:16 pm Because an assistant LB coach or OL assistant is seeking out someone else’s studs to come join their squad.
Sheeeesh! Spitting FIRE at the Terry Bullocks, Pat Dubars and Rudy Camberos of the Southern Section!!