Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

SK80

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by SK80 »

PolySci3202 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:35 am Merry Christmas everyone! Is anyone getting their Christmas gift (transfer) early this season? Santa was sighted in Huntington Beach recently...
You might want to check in at the front desk here and speak with the "Rumor Police"... :cool:
giphy-8.gif
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave »

In honor of Christmas, are there any gifts coming to a school near you?
ProbNotWhoUThink

Post by ProbNotWhoUThink »

Ok, so Jake Garcia to La Habra that’s old news. I think nearly everyone knew that was coming. Who’s next?
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

For a lot of schools the new semester starts on Monday Jan 6th. That will be a revealing day for transfers that want to participate in Spring workouts.
Kuppster

Post by Kuppster »

The transfer headed to the big programs won't start surfacing for another 4-5 months. Wait for it. Its gonna be sexy.

MD could be having to go back to the drawing board with their Texas QB having second thoughts. This could be the second big time kid in 2 years who's having second thoughts because of USC's troubles. Never thought I'd see the day.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

Salty Sondy getting in his transfer shots...... no comment from me here on that but I will attest to this, Alemany will be one tough team (assuming Miller Moss) doesn't transfer out.

"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
SK80

Post by SK80 »

and the rich get richer......
SK80

Post by SK80 »

seems we are on a roll this morning....,

By Fred Robledo | frobledo@scng.com and James Escarcega | San Gabriel Valley Tribune
PUBLISHED: January 6, 2020 at 9:04 am | UPDATED: January 6, 2020 at 9:04 am

With new semesters starting after the holidays, it’s also the time that students who opt to transfer often make their move, and Muir was the benefactor of two big transfers in football.

St. Francis junior quarterback Jack Clougherty, who threw for 2,300 yards and 30 touchdowns on the 8-3 Knights, enrolled at Muir on Monday. Clougherty already lives in the school district and is hoping to be eligible right away when the season starts this fall.

Northview junior Deshon Thompson, who led the Vikings in receiving with 65 receptions for 1,242 yards and 11 touchdowns, is expected to enroll at Muir this week. Thompson wrote on social media that he was leaving Northview and heading to Muir. Last year, Northview’s Jamier Johnson transferred to Muir and both will be seniors in this fall.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

There must be some mistake: Steve Fryer reports that Servite has successfully poached JSerra's second-leading receiver, TE Kenyan Burnett...can it really be??

If this somehow proves to be true, and I can't see how, I can't wait to hear the Prof's Rube Goldberg justification...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
SK80

Post by SK80 »

Well following La Habra with a transfer QB we have San Clemente....., Lachlan Rosmalen formerly of SJB JV... by way of Redondo Beach..... suppose after last seasons debacle with a Long Beach transfer QB at SC, now with a Redondo Beach kid coming in the motto "One Town One Team" is really taking on a different meaning.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster »

Laclan transferred like 3 months ago. No surprise. Love this kid.
watcher1111

Post by watcher1111 »

Omar Bongo wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:36 am If this somehow proves to be true, and I can't see how,
It's true. Kid was on campus yesterday and his twitter account is changed. Hopefully the OC has figured out how to use a TE (couldn't figure it out with Overman and then he got hurt). Oh wait, I'm sure he'll figure it out as this kid was part of a certain pop warner group that has control over Thomas.
credofriar

Post by credofriar »

Servite will have a couple more coming in. Problem is they are all following 7on7 coaches. Kenyan played on Wes Taylor’s buckeye 7on7 team and Wes is a coach at servite..... let’s hope nobody finds out. There is no doubt the “buckeye” influence is running...and ruining this program. Going against all our traditional values chasing Md and bosco. If Kenyan does play (look away cif nothing to see here) he will play wr but he is a te at the next level. He had 22 catches on the year, not surprised he is leaving that’s 2 catches a game. Darnell is not bright enough to have a te in his system.
Kuppster

Post by Kuppster »

the first BIG transfer has dropped. Raleek Brown is transferring to MD. '22 kid with some big time offers (Bama, Oklahoma, Michigan, USC).

Small but phenomenal running back.

MD going hard this off season. Book it.
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

Kuppster wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:17 pm the first BIG transfer has dropped. Raleek Brown is transferring to MD. '22 kid with some big time offers (Bama, Oklahoma, Michigan, USC).

Small but phenomenal running back.

MD going hard this off season. Book it.
MD is stacked at the RB position with this new kid plus Yetts and Craig. I liked near the end of season when they went with Yetts as the primary back and used Craig as a slot back and receiver.
Interesting that they get a transfer at a position not really needed. Big question is who plays on both lines next year. And the penultimate question mark is who will be throwing the ball.
Domingo

Post by Domingo »

This kid fits right in with Bruce’s new football program. Take a look at his IG. Perfect fit for MD.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Give it a rest, Servite fan. Isn't there a clan meeting somewhere you should be at?

Can't remember the last time the Monarchs were a run-first team...maybe 2005 with Mokhtar?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
templar83

Post by templar83 »

Omar Bongo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:02 pm Isn't there a clan meeting somewhere you should be at?
I think you mean KLAN meeting. Lol
credofriar

Post by credofriar »

In about 2 weeks this board will be interesting. MD and Servite are getting a combined 8-10 JSerra kids not to mention kids from other school and states.

It will be MD and Servite bashing time. :hide:
credofriar

Post by credofriar »

BTW I am predicting the most transfer numbers we have ever seen this off-season, throughout southern cal.
Behind MD and Servite will be......??? Div 14 St Bernards. follow the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$