Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Omar Bongo

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:43 pm

credofriar wrote:So the miller told alemany coaches he was leaving to md. So the alemany coaches reached out to gebbia to ask him to come back. That was over xmas break. Well b4 school started back up miller moss was ready to enroll only to find out md would not allow him to graduate early. Bruce is trying to push it thru but right now md is giving bruce a hard no about "renting" a qb for a couple months.
Mind if I ask how you know all this, or is this your best guess? If so, this is how rumors get started...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Domingo

Post by Domingo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:24 pm

Name a better QB in the Trinity League for next season than Tobey and please don’t say Fifita. A good young talent sure but really has benefited from the perfect situation around him. Tobey has far more upside IMO.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Domingo wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:24 pm
Name a better QB in the Trinity League for next season than Tobey and please don’t say Fifita. A good young talent sure but really has benefited from the perfect situation around him. Tobey has far more upside IMO.
You seriously think that Tobey who hasn’t taken a meaningful snap in a game is better than Fifita? Based on what? Winning a passing league tourney.. :giggle:

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:52 pm

The disrespect Fifita gets. All because he's "undersized."

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:15 pm

Domingo wrote:
really has benefited from the perfect situation around him
What do you consider to be "the perfect situation around him"?

Domingo

Post by Domingo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:38 pm

Fifita was lucky enough to earn the starting QB position at a top football program like Servite without any real competition. The job was his to have essentially. He is a very talented passer who has had excellent training and had an excellent offensive team around him. I do however think he’s hit his ceiling due to his physical limitations (5’8 and not fast). TS although not nearly as experienced due to playing behind BY, has a bigger upside and knows Money’s offense as well as anyone. Had BY not transferred to MD, TS would have taken MD to the CIF Finals as well. End result would have been the same but MD is still the 2nd best team in CA last season if you had Tobey instead of BY.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:46 pm

They'd probably be the third best team in the state if I were playing quarterback.

What does having no competition have to do with how good a player is? Walking into a starting job doesn't increase your accuracy.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:56 pm

Was TS at Mater Dei the kid that beat Bosco at one of the 7v7 this past off season?

jb914

Post by jb914 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:43 pm

Kuppster wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:56 pm
by Kuppster » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:56 pm

Was TS at Mater Dei the kid that beat Bosco at one of the 7v7 this past off season?
I belive he was the same kid that won the 7 on 7 for MD

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:59 am

I would be pretty good throwing the football in shorts and a t-shirt with nobody rushing at me.

To think TS is the heir apparent to the position with arguably the greatest pedigree in OC high school sports history just because he won a passing tournament is ludicrous.

If he does end up being the one to play next season and actually leads them to meet their lofty expectations, I will gladly eat crow.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:05 am

That TS kid would not make it through a season, kid is 115 pounds

Not convinced MD wouldn't have at least 2 losses during the regular season with him at QB. Thats just disrespectful to BY. Teams wouldn't have to worry about TS running.

CoolStoryBro

Post by CoolStoryBro » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:09 am

Domingo wrote:
You honestly can’t believe this to be true...and to think the school in Santa Ana still try and convince him to come...don’t think he won this honor by luck..how about basing your argument on production instead of upside
http://blog.servitehs.org/qb-noah-fifit ... hi-sports/

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:42 am

Domingo wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:55 am
Tobey is the guy. He’s an underrated player.
With those eight words, and his comments about Noah Fifita, Domingo proved beyond any reasonable doubt that he knows nothing, NOTHING, about Mater Dei or high school football.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:49 am

MDDad wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:42 am
With those eight words, and his comments about Noah Fifita, Domingo proved beyond any reasonable doubt that he knows nothing, NOTHING, about Mater Dei or high school football.
:giggle: :cheers:
Thank you for restoring logic to this discussion.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:36 am

MDDad wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:42 am
Domingo wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:55 am

"Tobey is the guy. He’s an underrated player."

Be careful of what you claim you may or may not know, it is with NINE* words that Domingo may know "NOTHING" as you proclaimed. What do you know....! :eh?:

*According to cambridgeenglish.org , "Contracted words count as the number of words they would be if they were not contracted. For example, isn’t, didn’t, I’m, I’ll are counted as two words (replacing is not, did not, I am, I will). Where the contraction replaces one word (e.g. can’t for cannot), it is counted as one word."
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

leftyRosenthal

Post by leftyRosenthal » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:44 pm

Credo is on to something. No rumor there, but does not look like MM to MD is going to happen, the early grad request was an issue as there were many hurdles to get there with MD’s grad requirements. Unless someone lands in the next couple weeks, next years qb is going to be “home grown.”
Omar Bongo wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:43 pm
Mind if I ask how you know all this, or is this your best guess? If so, this is how rumors get started...

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:32 pm

MM to MD is absolutely not a rumor.

It was supposed to be a done deal by now.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:39 pm

I scouted @Alamany for one game during CIF assuming CDM would get them next.... spent much of that game as well watching all the pre-game routines and warm-ups.

It wasn’t nor is any wonder he was on the possible transfer “hot” list. Looking at the possibilities, in terms of MD and life after Bryce, My gut all season said that’s their guy.... even though MM plays on a young deep team with a lot of D1 talent and commits....

During the National Anthem....
7D039018-69E6-4AE2-8304-DDCCBB27F565.jpeg
Last edited by SK80 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:37 pm

In my opinion, Moss is better than Jake Garcia. I don't understand the hype on Garcia.

OldSunsetFan

Post by OldSunsetFan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:37 pm

Everyone who know both players agree with you.