Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:15 pm

SK80 wrote: LOL @ "recruiting win".
Lol, refreshing to all mankind.
9B08F3B7-B1E9-4511-9230-75A17A69E838.jpeg

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:08 am

Here's some updates on Bosco since it appears that Mr. Sondheimer and his crack team of investigators can never seem to find out what's going on with Bosco and their transfer game. So far Bosco has 6 transfers and counting:

Jairus Satele DL from Carson HS
4 lineman from Citrus Valley HS
Marc Ard CB from Santa Margarita

* here's the big one they have been meeting with Logan Loya from OLU and his parents and it's pretty much a done deal.

Now someone help Mr. Sondheimer and let him know so he can report it like the unbiased journalist that he is. :D

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:45 am

I suspect that given JSerra's rumored schedule there's going to be a bunch of transfers there. Any news?

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:04 am

4 line dudes from Citrus Valley!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Citrus Valley High School #-o
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:58 am

Wow, THE TAKE OVER?? Bosco, getting some guys. If Logan Loya goes there, that is a big get. Best route runner in OC +.
He also kicks PAT'S. These kids feel Bosco is there best chance to win a ring, besides MD.
The rich get richer. :eh?:

watcher1111

Post by watcher1111 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:02 pm

Ha! The Servite coaches didn’t even work with the backups. Poor kids weren’t even taught the plays. Beuerlein had hoped to have a shot at QB but TT is in deep with Fifita and the Buckeyes. So much so that if you aren’t a Buckeye, don’t bother coming to Servite. 2 freshman transferred out after finals. I’m sure there will be more fallout from TT’s “Buckeye Experiment”.

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:50 pm

watcher111....In your first post, you claimed to be a "Servite supporter" yet all three of your posts contain some very odd assertions, completely unsupported, and all in the negative toward the Friars, with a particular obsession with the "Buckeyes," in the manner of some BOSCO posters on this board.

Coaches didn't even work with the backups. Poor kids weren't even taught the plays. Don't be ridiculous.
2 freshmen transferred out after finals. First of all, there are always kids--particularly freshmen--who will transfer out after the first semester, for all kinds of reasons. I would be surprised if there weren't transfers out, as there will also be transfers in. Secondly, no transfer can possibly happen until grades are posted January, since no other school will accept a student w/o an official transcript.

Sounds like you are a Trojan Horse for the Bellflower Braves. Whoever you are, the dissemination of teenage-level gossip is better suited to Instagram.

Red

Post by Red » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:39 am

OCurbanlegend wrote:Here's some updates on Bosco since it appears that Mr. Sondheimer and his crack team of investigators can never seem to find out what's going on with Bosco and their transfer game. So far Bosco has 6 transfers and counting:

Jairus Satele DL from Carson HS
4 lineman from Citrus Valley HS
Marc Ard CB from Santa Margarita

* here's the big one they have been meeting with Logan Loya from OLU and his parents and it's pretty much a done deal.

Now someone help Mr. Sondheimer and let him know so he can report it like the unbiased journalist that he is. :D
Also, please let Gollum know his favorite target, Mater Dei won't take Loya because he will be an in county Senior.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:04 am

Red you are absolutely correct. Actually more pointed from what I understand MD will not take Loya because his is a Trinity league Senior. Something no other Trinity League school would reciprocate. I think they it is idiotic as everyone already hates them so I don't know why they think this will help. In addition, this kid would at least have his Religion credits (although not Catholic) so Domingo still won't be completely satisfied but then again if we want to keep him alive we need to fuel his hate as that seems to be his sustenance.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:39 am

Geez - We go through this every year, technically if a student athlete transfers in from another
school at the second semester of their junior year, he/she is academically, legally and technically
a junior transfer for all intended purposes ,doesn't matter one iota if the intent might be to play any sport at their new school in their senior year. (or for the rest of their junior year's second semester at their new school for that matter)

It is what it is!

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:14 pm

OCurbanlegend wrote:Actually more pointed from what I understand MD will not take Loya because his is a Trinity league Senior. Something no other Trinity League school would reciprocate.
My reactions:

1. Does Omar know about this policy that seemingly puts arbitrary limits on where a kid wants to go to school?
2. Why doesn't this policy include the Baseline or Big VIII leagues?
3. I like the policy.

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:19 pm

This past year md accepted cam gardner who was a senior transfer from olu.

Loya was going to go to md until all the social media/completely unacceptable unsupervised locker room shenanigans was seen by mr loya.
As well as all the other stories about what goes on behind closed doors at md.

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:03 pm

What social media shenanigans?

Can they be any worse than Bosco's Chris Steele video after the mid-season victory over Mater Dei?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:28 am

credofriar wrote:As well as all the other stories about what goes on behind closed doors at md.
Gonna share any of "all those other stories" with us, or are you content to just anonymously spread smears and innuendo like a pre-adolescent?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:57 am

Ya Credo what does go on behind those monastery doors over at MD... :eh?:
good-day.gif
good-day.gif (985.96 KiB) Viewed 670 times
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:09 am

Credofriar...the video that you are referring to, that was circulated by a bitter ex Bosco parent had nothing to do with Mr. Loya's decision (some people are smart enough to see through the BS). MD was their first choice, MD would not take him because they don't like the optics of taking other Trinity league Senior transfers. The same way they did not take Spencer Lytle last year whose first choice was also MD.

Apparently, MD accepted Cam Gardener BACK because he started at MD. Yes I agree it is ridiculous flawed logic that makes only a sliver of sense to me as well. At the time the story broke that Logan Loya was coming to MD it's because his Dad apparently told OLU administration they were leaving before he even told MD he wanted to come. I suppose they just assumed he would have been accepted which clearly was not the case. Here's another little tidbit, albundyrules that "broke the story" is a Bosco coaches account and was only done to put MD and a family on blast, however, you never saw him post the story about their behind door 2 hour meetings that were held at Bosco with Coach Negro and their famous recruiter.

I understand it's fun to make crap up and speculate (because that is pretty much what this forum is most of the time) but your assertions as to why decisions were made are simply incorrect.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:15 am

LOL @ "OPTICS"!

What might they be afraid of... --:-- telling isn't! If I am not mistaken this has all been newly defined as "It Is What It Is"! :lol:

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:55 am

It's also interesting that when albundyrules announced (incorrectly) that Loya was transferring to Mater Dei, it started a thread that went on for three pages and over 40 posts wherein people expressed their outrage that Mater Dei would accept another senior transfer. When the rumor was determined to be false, there were no words of contrition or retraction, and now that it looks like he's headed to Bosco, there are no words of criticism. One could almost think there's a double standard at work.

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:34 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Gonna share any of "all those other stories" with us, or are you content to just anonymously spread smears and innuendo like a pre-adolescent?
Those rumors sound like a fake news disinformation effort to smear an innocent party. Just glad stuff like that never happens in politics. :roll:

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:57 pm

MDDad wrote:It's also interesting that when albundyrules announced (incorrectly) that Loya was transferring to Mater Dei, it started a thread that went on for three pages and over 40 posts wherein people expressed their outrage that Mater Dei would accept another senior transfer. When the rumor was determined to be false, there were no words of contrition or retraction, and now that it looks like he's headed to Bosco, there are no words of criticism. One could almost think there's a double standard at work.
For the record, this post of mine on the original "Loya to MD" thread ended that conversation:
Credo ut intelligam wrote: Maybe we should end this thread. The poor kid in the subject head is getting his name muddied by nothing but a rumor.
1. "Words of criticism": If, indeed, he is transferring to Bosco, it's par for the course for the Bellflower Bandits, as we well know on La Palma Ave.

2. What I do find curious, though, is that when the "Loya to MD" rumor was first launched, no Mater Dei supporters on this board (of which there are several) bothered to swat down the rumor as impossible because of this now-revealed policy of not taking Trinity League seniors. On the contrary, the possibility of his coming over was even defended. It makes me wonder exactly how knowledgeable those on this board are with the MD policies, or if this "policy" is merely an cobbled together ex post facto way of explaining why Loya may in fact not be going to MD. As I said, I think it's an excellent policy, but strange that over nearly a year when there have been literally hundreds of posts on the topic of transfers, this policy was never even mentioned once. :eh?: