Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Professor Fate

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by Professor Fate » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:35 pm

KuppRunneth wrote:QR_BBPOST And the Diamond Ranch kid is excellent. Saw him at the Nike Opening Camp and he was indeed killing anybody they put out there. Come to think of it, I remember seeing Bryce throwing to him and saying who is that WR??
And the next thing you know, he's a Monarch. Imagine that.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

templar83

Post by templar83 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:50 pm

Professor Fate wrote:QR_BBPOST
And the next thing you know, he's a Monarch. Imagine that.

Doc Holliday:
Why Ike, whatever do you mean?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:18 pm

KuppRunneth wrote:QR_BBPOST is there a reason i can't quote posts sometimes?
There's no Quote button on the most recent post because you almost never have to quote it to reply to it. If you need to single out a point from it, you can highlight that part and you'll get a "insert quote into quick reply form" prompt.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:03 am

fortheloveofthemoney wrote:D.Ford from Allen Tx.
are you hearing the kid is having second thoughts about going to MD now?

templar83

Post by templar83 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:24 am

Ah, a rumor about a rumor.... It is March after all.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 am

what's the protocal? Do kids need to be enrolled now in order to play next season? Or is really the wild wild west out there?

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:24 pm

OutOfState wrote:Indeed that is a very formidable O line. Yes expect to see Marks at RT. But I would not be surprised to see the La Habra transfer play more on the defensive line instead.
So far this offseason everybody has been questioning who will play WR and RB for MD next year. The same can be said for the D line. They have a few returning players that have seen some action like Tupe and Salazar. But there is a lot of uncertainty as far as I am concerned. MD has huge shoes to fill on the D line from Ware-Hudson and Bennett who were both interior studs. Just ask DLS as those two were the main reason MD shut down their vaunted veer offense.
Yeah, you're right. D Line is important. MD is loaded at linebacker, in my opinion. Not a fan of Tupe. Salazar is ok. Ware Hudson and Bennett will for sure be missed.

And you're right, The La Habra kid might be on the defensive side.

Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:51 pm

First of all Donavon Ford is 6-1, 6-2 300 pounds. He's not 6-4 330 lbs.. Love the fact with each post his height and weight keeps increasing..

He's barely pushing 6-2, which is why he lacks offers, plus he played OT. A Texas regional recruiting writer has Ford among the state of Texas Top 10 kids without an offer. By seasons end he would have some.. His film is pretty solid. He finishes his blocks and has good feet.

Just be patient about all the movement chatter etc.. everything will eventually be confirmed either way.

MD will be fine at DL. The rest of the defense will be loaded and will be able to be versatile with the LB/Secondary packages which is huge. Little do you know, Salazar and Tupe were one of the better kids as far as doing what their suppose to do even if they didn't get the ink.. and now Tupe can come back to defense, he did have a slow start, but was just getting going when he had to switch to offense when Myles went down.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Tupe did a fantastic job filling in at OL when Myles went out. I was surprised.

He's pretty average at DL, in my opinion. Rivals has him as top 50 in Cali. Did he come from Serra?

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:27 pm

Yes Tupe came from Serra. I agree he did very well filling in for Myles. But I think next year his value will be on the D-line as they are pretty stacked on the O-line. Especially if this Ford kid actually does end up at MD. I think Tupe is definitely better than ‘average’ on the d line.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:43 am

By the time the season starts, look for the La Habra transfer to be on the D line.
As for Diamond ranch wr??? They didnt have anyone last year that did anything.? Must be the shorts and t shirts.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:36 am

hit the lights wrote:QR_BBPOST As for Diamond ranch wr??? They didnt have anyone last year that did anything.? Must be the shorts and t shirts.
oh yeah? You ever heard of Christian Dixon? Kid was a sophomore and had almost 43 grabs for 862 yards and 9td's. Kid is a national recruit.

templar83

Post by templar83 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:58 am

KuppRunneth wrote:QR_BBPOST
oh yeah? You ever heard of Christian Dixon? Kid was a sophomore and had almost 43 grabs for 862 yards and 9td's. Kid is a national recruit.
Easy Kupp, I'm pretty sure 'Ole hit the sauce is just jerking your chain. Anyone with a computer can easily review Cristian Dixon's bonafides. But again, whether he transfers or not is still open to question. The same goes for the kid from Georgia.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 am

I am sure glad I log on to these posts, I bet Rollo is too. After all you guys seem to have all the players lined up as to where they are playing and their overall abilities. Who is transferring in, what kind of humans they are and if they are smart or stupid. I bet the coaching staff taps into this wealth of knowledge and saves themselves loads of time and anguish. I also bet they are astonished when Texas and Georgia boys show up at practice in red shorts. I am going to continue to monitor this channel so that I can be well informed especially by the professor guy, knowledge is everything.

RPW

Post by RPW » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:21 am

Rollo has a flip phone - I doubt he checks in on this website.
I am The Voice of Reason

templar83

Post by templar83 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:23 am

watchersince68 wrote:QR_BBPOST I also bet they are astonished when Texas and Georgia boys show up at practice in red shorts.
You'd lose that bet my friend....

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:17 pm

another one landing at Bosco. Hunter Kaupiko, ILB from Vegas.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:59 pm

I will ask again.... does the player from Georgia that is going to transfer to MD have a name?

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:04 pm

albundy dropped that nugget of news and bounced.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary quote removed

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:22 pm

Did John Q. delete it? This board is filled with names of kids that are unsubstantiated rumors so why would that be any different? What makes his name any different than saying the names of Ford and Dixon, both kids who are rumored to be transferring but not yet publically confirmed by the kid himself or the school.