Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

templar83

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by templar83 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:59 am

RedPillWonderland wrote:QR_BBPOST you could also whisper to her that you saw them sitting next to a still jetlagged Kobe Stewart (a name I’m SURE you were already familiar with).
Well, I've heard the name Kobe of course, a basketball guy I think, but nope no rumor of the person you've named attending 'ole MD. Could be it's time to rethink your office gossip schtick.

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:07 pm

Mission Viejo now hitting the Newport Beach area for transfers. CJ picked up RB Brandon Seward from Newport Harbor this week.

Newps

Post by Newps » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:28 pm

The transfer noted above has been at Cdm and Newport the past two seasons. I guess he thinks the grass in greener down south. He didn’t play at Cdm and had a limited role at Newport. He’s destined for the practice field at Mission.

Don’t be surprised to see former Cdm QB General Booty pop up somewhere down south. He and his dad got the boot from Cornerstome Christian in Texas for recruiting. Word on the street is the Booty’s are making their way back to the OC. Garbers has the Cdm job locked up this fall and an incoming Frosh is a lock to start the following three years.

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:08 pm

JSerra? Harlow and Booty have SC ties...

Fridayisgameday

Post by Fridayisgameday » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:38 pm

Who's the CDM incoming freshman that will have the starting job when Garbers graduates?

Newps

Post by Newps » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:04 am

I don’t know the kids name but he’s lighting it up in spring 7 on 7 on Cdm’s 8th grade team according to a friend of mine who coaches at Cdm. Big and can run and has a good arm. Apparently there is a few big and fast receivers in his class also. Cdm’s o coordinator is saying the kid is the best 8th grade QB he’s seen.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:03 am

The Booty's are possibly headed back already? Shocking. Not

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Mater Dei transfers Donovan Ford & Cristian Dixon have made there moves to Mater Dei, twitter official. :thumbsdown:

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:03 pm

I think the official number for MD transfers is now 4. La Habra lineman, kicker, Ford, Dixon.
If keeping score what is the number so far for Bosco, MV, Narbonne?

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:34 pm

credofriar wrote:Mater Dei transfers Donovan Ford & Cristian Dixon have made there moves to Mater Dei, twitter official. :thumbsdown:

Man, MD and Bosco OL's are something else. DJ and Bryce will be living well this off season. Dixon is a great weapon to add for Bryce. Fully expect to see them get an excellent rb to finish things off for them. Did Dixon make it twitter official for himself or did somebody mention it?

MD quality of transfers is killing Bosco's quantity of transfers.

RedPill and FatherSon posts did not age well since the beginning of March. Here's to you guys :cheers:

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:55 pm

KuppRunneth wrote:QR_BBPOST Fully expect to see them get an excellent rb to finish things off for them.
Imagine that. :roll:
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:59 pm

Professor Fate wrote:QR_BBPOST Imagine that.
and they said MD was gonna take it easy this off season.

Love every single one of their moves.

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:55 pm

KuppRunneth wrote:Man, MD and Bosco OL's are something else. DJ and Bryce will be living well this off season. Dixon is a great weapon to add for Bryce. Fully expect to see them get an excellent rb to finish things off for them. Did Dixon make it twitter official for himself or did somebody mention it?

MD quality of transfers is killing Bosco's quantity of transfers.

RedPill and FatherSon posts did not age well since the beginning of March. Here's to you guys :cheers:
Killing Bosco’s quantity of transfers? Ok, I hope you and everyone at MD thinks the same thing come game time. Did you ever think that Bosco didn’t need another receiver or kicker or the lineman who ended up at MD instead of Bosco? Time will tell, so if it makes you feel better saying their four transfers are better than the whole of Bosco’s then have fun with that.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:03 pm

Was that a "chest thump"? :eh?:
Title_Screen.png

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:50 pm

BoscoBrave wrote:Killing Bosco’s quantity of transfers? Ok, I hope you and everyone at MD thinks the same thing come game time. Did you ever think that Bosco didn’t need another receiver or kicker or the lineman who ended up at MD instead of Bosco? Time will tell, so if it makes you feel better saying their four transfers are better than the whole of Bosco’s then have fun with that.
here's the funny part. I'm a Bosco guy!! You assumed I was MD because I somewhat "criticized" Bosco. Fans like you are funny. Can't be critical of their teams. You should go wash your face right now. Looking silly.

At the end of the day, MD's transfers are elite or closer to elite players. The Bosco kids are just solid, with most just being spot fillers. Loya is the only guy who's great. The rest? They alright. The 3 Lockharts? Linebacker isn't too shabby. Gatto? He's alright too. Ard Jr. is solid. The Citrus Valley kid? Don't know enough about him. The linebacker from Vegas that just transferred looks like he will fit in well. Again, these are not elite kids. Ford, Dixon, La Habra kid, kicker, more elite than not. Who else am I missing that transferred to Bosco??

I should probably add Earnest Greene and Max Gibbs. You can consider them as "transfer" since they didnt play last year. So you add those two and the list of incoming players look great. But outside of that, its just ok.

Dont get so butt hurt with the quality vs quantity comment.

BigBosco

Post by BigBosco » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:05 pm

Earnest Greene and Max Gibbs should not be considered transfers. They've been at SJB since freshmen year. Them not playing on varsity last year does not make them like a transfer. They are just kids moving through the program.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:12 pm

BigBosco wrote:QR_BBPOST Earnest Greene and Max Gibbs should not be considered transfers. They've been at SJB since freshmen year. Them not playing on varsity last year does not make them like a transfer. They are just kids moving through the program.
OBVIOUSLY.

But we're talking about teams who improved themselves this off season. So we can throw those two in since they didnt contribute on varsity last year. I'm trying to help the mans case by making the "new players added in off season" argument for BoscoBrave. He's obviously more enamored with the quantity of players and not the quality. I'd rather have 4-5 very good/excellent additions than 15 just solid players.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Do you guys deal in commodities? How about futures? Is it time to short the market at SJB or MD :eh?:

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:48 pm

So, just curious,just how many total transfers has Bosco received up to now?

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:40 am

Bosco has gotten 5 defensive lineman and 5 linebackers transfers. Clearly since all these starters from last year graduated and went to college for free, parents are chasing a dream.
More than half those kids are chasing the free college dream but won’t be “starters” so that will be interesting for the staff.

Offensively loya is the only varsity level kid coming in.

Btw there are 3 citrus valley kids the Lockhart’s not the Lockhart’s AND a kid from citrus valley