Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Eddyr2

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by Eddyr2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:05 pm

Bick wrote:While I'm all for becoming as good as you can be, and have no issue with players wanting to xfer for a perceived better opportunity for them, there's something really shady about actively pursuing kids enrolled at another school - especially if you're a parochial school doing it.

#1 - You're telling the kids you've already got they aren't good enough
#2 - It flies in the face of rules 8-10 below

This is not what a Catholic school would teach kids. If you want to make joke at least use the correct Catholic Catechetical Formula:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... ommand.htm

SJBOSCO

Post by SJBOSCO » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:42 pm

OCurbanlegend wrote:Sorry brother, but it's the truth SJB was not your boy Lytle's first choice he wanted to come to MD and play with his boy Bru but I suspect if you are in the KNOW you already know that and I actually feel bad for him because it looks like he initially picked the winning horse just could get on the ride. Hey, first runner up is not so bad. And the good news is when you transfer to Bosco you don't have to move like you do at MD and some of the other Trinity League schools so that's good on the wallet.

and I'm glad you are using that L to get an early jump on "RECRUITING" for your HS program. That's awesome just come right out and admit that your boy over there at Bosco is in the inbox of every Trinity League kid from every school that can play. One of my current favorite things are the photo's of dudes all dressed up in Bosco football jersey's and gloves on their official college visit to Bosco while they are still enrolled at their current school. :lol: =D> That is hilarious. I mean we all know CIF are idiots but that is really pushing it...
No need to apologize you are 100% wrong on that one. I know this 100%. He wanted to play with Trent, Titus and Bowman a little more. It was close but he chose Bosco. You are also FOS on the move piece.100% know Bosco home checked all 3 Servite kids and all 3 moved. People like you have the S**ts of the mouth and are so FOS. No facts at all and saying crap that is far from the truth. Why do you feel the need to BS people when you really have no clue?
Last edited by SJBOSCO on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bick

Post by Bick » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:43 pm

Thanks for the tip, but there are Lutherans in the mix too. The abbreviated Exodus version does the trick, and this ain't no joke.

Eddyr2

Post by Eddyr2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:04 pm

Deuteronomy Vs Exodus is not the issue the issue is the formulation. The version you used would never be thought in 5 out of the 6 T.L. schools.

Bick

Post by Bick » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:51 pm

I'll keep that in mind next time I apply as a religion teacher at a TL school. From my years at St Pancratius a few years ago, I vaguely recall breaking those rules were called mortal sins...basically the really bad ones. How are you able to square this with the big guy upstairs? 8 & 9 are questionable, but #10 pretty much is a bust - regardless of which version is used,

Eddyr2

Post by Eddyr2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:10 pm

All sin can be mortal sin. The gravity of the sin has more to do with if the sin breaks ones connection to grace then the action itself. Culpability and gravity both depend on the circumstances and the sinner:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... s1c1a8.htm

Bick

Post by Bick » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:36 pm

If you're pursuing someone for your self benefit to the detriment of others, that dog won't hunt in any faith, regardless of your direct involvement or if it's done by proxy. Are you in any way justifying this?

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:09 am

H*ll Ya.....
tenor-3.gif
tenor-3.gif (819.73 KiB) Viewed 497 times
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:01 am

Can we get back to the topic and save the Bible study for another topic? Thanks

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:26 am

#1 Go ahead and show us of a current hs kid wearing bosco gear and gloves, no way Negro nor the AD would allow that. I have a $100 gift card you can not produce any such picture.

#2 Lytle moved for sure. My son was friends with the older Lytle, Tyler when he went to Bosco and they still stay in touch. Unlike the MD safety from Rancho Cucamonga who still lives in RC. He did a home visit there earlier last month and since he got called out MD made sure he did his home visits somewhere else. The college coaches who are friends with the bosco coaches confirmed that multiple times.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:43 am

I’m a bit out of the loop. So Bosco supposedly has 6 transfers. Does MD have any? Just interested in facts instead of rumors.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:50 am

BoscoBandWagon, the young man you're referring to and his family moved to a home just off Bellegrave Ave. and the 15 Fwy. in Eastvale before the start of last season. Just like thousands of other families throughout the state, including many of the transfers to St. John Bosco, the move was probably temporary. Everybody, including the CIF, knows the rule that a change of residence must be "permanent" in order to gain immediate eligibility is a joke, and they treat it as such.

Furthermore, I can confirm that Spencer Lytle and his family did indeed try to transfer to Mater Dei before transferring to St. John Bosco. I happened to be on campus in December 2017 on the day they visited. The same is true of Kyle Ford and Ethan Rae before they transferred to Orange Lutheran. The truth is that very few star athletes and their families change schools without checking out all the potential alternatives before making their decision.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:53 am

OutOfState wrote:I’m a bit out of the loop. So Bosco supposedly has 6 transfers. Does MD have any?
As of four days ago, no

SJBOSCO

Post by SJBOSCO » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:54 pm

MDDad wrote:BoscoBandWagon, the young man you're referring to and his family moved to a home just off Bellegrave Ave. and the 15 Fwy. in Eastvale before the start of last season. Just like thousands of other families throughout the state, including many of the transfers to St. John Bosco, the move was probably temporary. Everybody, including the CIF, knows the rule that a change of residence must be "permanent" in order to gain immediate eligibility is a joke, and they treat it as such.

Furthermore, I can confirm that Spencer Lytle and his family did indeed try to transfer to Mater Dei before transferring to St. John Bosco. I happened to be on campus in December 2017 on the day they visited. The same is true of Kyle Ford and Ethan Rae before they transferred to Orange Lutheran. The truth is that very few star athletes and their families change schools without checking out all the potential alternatives before making their decision.
I’ll tell you what I’ll pay you $1K if Spence Lytle visited Mater Dei at any point though his considering transferring from Bosco. In fact I’ll pay you double. You pay me $500 if he didn’t. PM me

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:00 pm

Well, I didn't take pictures, so I can't prove a positive, and you certainly can't prove a negative, so we have kind of a Mexican standoff, don't we.

I tell you what let's do. Either the family checked out Mater Dei before Bosco and most would prefer to leave that in the past, or they went to all the trouble and expense of hiring identical body doubles to walk around Mater Dei for them. You decide for yourself which story is more likely.

Eddyr2

Post by Eddyr2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:15 pm

SJBOSCO wrote:I’ll tell you what I’ll pay you $1K if Spence Lytle visited Mater Dei at any point though his considering transferring from Bosco. In fact I’ll pay you double. You pay me $500 if he didn’t. PM me
$1k??? Dog, I don’t get out of bed for less then $10k...

Eddyr2

Post by Eddyr2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:21 pm

Bick wrote:If you're pursuing someone for your self benefit to the detriment of others, that dog won't hunt in any faith, regardless of your direct involvement or if it's done by proxy. Are you in any way justifying this?
Just pointing out your mistakes. Don’t be so proud, it’s a sin.

SJBOSCO

Post by SJBOSCO » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:23 pm

MDDad wrote:Well, I didn't take pictures, so I can't prove a positive, and you certainly can't prove a negative, so we have kind of a Mexican standoff, don't we.

I tell you what let's do. Either the family checked out Mater Dei before Bosco and most would prefer to leave that in the past, or they went to all the trouble and expense of hiring identical body doubles to walk around Mater Dei for them. You decide for yourself which story is more likely.
No we don’t actually, I can prove it. You have nothing to lose because you’re so confident. I’ll double my offer you can reduce your risk to 250.00.

Bick

Post by Bick » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:12 pm

Eddyr2 wrote: Just pointing out your mistakes. Don’t be so proud, it’s a sin.
No issues with you pointing out my mistakes, but you'll be a busy guy if you want to focus on them.

Do you have any issues with the ethics / morality of schools recruiting kids enrolled at other schools?

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:05 pm

All these parents shop.
Shakobe Harper sat with sm and was close to pulling the trigger.
Criddell and fuamatu sat with bosco before going to md.
Parents are looking for the best situations all the time.