Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Al Koholik

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by Al Koholik » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:52 pm

OCurbanlegend wrote:C'mon Al

Domingo's comments are absolutely racist. Why is it so funny that the CDM parents are confused by how many Black Catholics there are in Orange County? Why does it even matter to him? If all those same kids were white non-catholics coming from those same areas would it be some big National event? Also Domingo just started another thread asking if the last "local championship to be won by local kids was between SM and San Clemente? or something to that effect. It's all ridiculous. The fact of the matter is kids have been coming to Mater Dei from the I.E. and L.A. and Long Beach and San Clemente and all over for many many years and many of them NOT Catholic! That is clearly NOT the issue, the issue is they are minority kids now plain and simple.

On a separate note Ben Humphries was at MD just last year visiting with all his old coaches. He said at that time he really wished his Brother would have come to MD. That is was a big deal when he decided NOT to come to MD and it split their household apart for a minute. He also said it had more to do with his Mom and his brother wanting him to be able to play Basketball as well. And apparently they did not feel like that opportunity would be available at MD because of McNight's stance on his guys playing more than one sport. He has never been great about making accommodations for football players to play basketball. Not saying Ben did not make that comment Saturday but he absolutely said that last year.
Please enlighten me to the racist nature of Domingo’s observations of CdM parents. Ya’lls disdain for Domingo is worn on your sleeve and, although may be warranted, makes even more suspect and irresponsible your assignment of a vile, abhorrent mind-set to him for this fairly innocent observation and conveyance of, frankly quite an old joke (the “never knew there were so many black Catholics” see ND football for last 30-40 years).
Seriously. If you need a guide I’ll provide you with the Webster’s definition of racism and racist. But I am really interested to know how you arrive at a call of racism on that post. In my book, ain’t too many things worse to be called except a criminal, a bad parent or a wife beater. And thus I try to use that term most sparingly, if at all. Unless such is overt, obvious and blatant (ie; a swastika tattoo), who am I to say I know what is in a mans heart? And who are you to do that same?

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:29 pm

can you guys take the racism accusation talk to the PM?

templar83

Post by templar83 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:55 pm

Or, since the two of them know each other, perhaps they could hash it out over a beer and a burger.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:49 am

I was thinking the same thing. lol! Omar, AOC, pochahontis, Racists calling racists racists.
Is that the word of the month.. RACISTS??? How about true red blooded AMERICANS who love their country, AMERICA!
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!

RPW

Post by RPW » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:44 am

how about stop being an ass hole and nobody will call you a racist?
I am The Voice of Reason

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:43 am

hit the lights wrote:I was thinking the same thing. lol! Omar, AOC, pochahontis, Racists calling racists racists.
Is that the word of the month.. RACISTS??? How about true red blooded AMERICANS who love their country, AMERICA!
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!
Ignorance abounds.
Unless you wore feathers and shot arrows, you, nor anyone, has “American Blood”.
I’m sure you’ve never said a disparaging word about your country or it’s leaders. You are obviously ignorant to the fact this country was founded by the most radical dissidents in history, our forefathers.
Might as well be a NC chanter. A ignorant hillbilly.

templar83

Post by templar83 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:44 pm

Al Koholik wrote:QR_BBPOST Unless you wore feathers and shot arrows, you, nor anyone, has “American Blood”.
Nonsense. Millions of people throughout the history of this great Nation have been born, lived and died with American Blood coursing through their veins. The fact the majority of these were not related to indigenous peoples does not diminish the fact they/we are Americans. Additionally, while we can debate the meaning of the phrase "Red-Blooded Americans" , i.e. a stereotypical manly person, a passionate American in his/her views or a vigorous person as referenced in the dictionary, I doubt HTL meant the term in the literal sense of red liquid.

Lastly, give the abusive name calling a rest. HTLs views may not align with yours, but that does not necessarily make him a hillbilly of any sort, unless of course he is from the Ozarks...

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:03 pm

templar83 wrote:QR_BBPOST The fact the majority of these were not related to indigenous peoples does not diminish the fact they/we are Americans.
Not to mention that the supposed "indigenous peoples" themselves migrated from Eurasia across Beringia, a land bridge that connected Siberia to present-day Alaska during the Ice Age, and then spread southward throughout the Americas over the subsequent generations. - Wikipedia
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:51 pm

Love the history lesson and self-contradiction but mostly... thanks for supporting my assertion that there is NO SUCH THING as American blood... not even if you’re “Native American”.

You can’t go to France and become French.
You can’t go to Italy and become Italian.
You can’t go to Mexico and become Mexican.
But anyone can come to America and BECOME an American.

End of story.
"A woman once drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her."
W.C. Fields

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Geez! Guys! Today's (off-topic) lesson in relativity - "Millions" > "hundreds."

At the time the native Americans came here from (it's thought) Nepal, there were likely no people living in what would become France and Italy. But if there were, they were likely African. So the Native Americans and Mexicans are about as native as you're gonna get, and at least thousands of years more native than "native" Europeans. And millions of years more native than the people saying "America, love it or leave it," who still look exactly like their ancestors who settled here. Which can't be said of the Native Americans. Unless you want to count a common jaw bone.

Of all the friggin' bumper stickers to make a comeback.... :bonk:

Now end of story?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:23 am

Can we take the racism topic and American history lesson to another board please?

Now back to our regular scheduled crazy transfer talk.

What is this I hear about a linebacker from IMG going to Bosco? Is this confirmed? I’ve been a little out of the loop lately.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:14 am

Ancestory . com said i was 100percent Red blooded American though?? Lol, not really.
Im probably the biggest mutt around, and embrace all of my cultures. Just like i embrace the American Flag, national anthem, the men and women who fought and died for all these people who decide to piss on all of it. The squad is
paid off by George Soros TO BE RADICAL . When Obama was president, we all went back to work if there was any jobs available and waited for our time to vote and get his ... out! Now, jobs are abundant , the economy is thriving, and the left cant handle it. Lets tear the house down and get Trump out at any cost, is what they are doing. Because when we are all begging and being held down, they have more control. Go ask Diamond and silk, those my sisters!! :mex:
Now, back to transfer topic.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:19 am

Much as I hate to say it's even a topic, but...

Transfers anyone?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:45 am

I think many are confusing an ideal with blood type, since all blood that is shed is red, makes the banter silly.

I for one am an Americanist...now we can get back to the thread topic just as long as it is transfer related. My ancestors were transfers, I’m homegrown and that’s all right with me...carry on...

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:26 pm

Back to transfers. Bosco picked up a high profile LB from IMG. USC “commit” for 2021. If you aren’t a Power 5 college football prospect you cannot play for the Braves.

Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:03 am

Ma’a Gaoteote is actually the first high profile transfer this season, other than Logan Loya. All 12 plus transfers are low profile, or under the radar kids.. so having to be power 5 to be for the Braves isn't necessarily true. They take everyone..

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:57 am

What Bosco lacks in quality they make it up in huge numbers.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:23 am

You can be on Bosco’s team and not be Power 5. But can you actually play (start) at Bosco and not be power 5?

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:14 pm

This is true, Bosco has quantity instead of quality. Ma'a is the biggest recruit they picked up, along with Loya. The others, in my opinion, fill the holes and provide great depth.

But they ain't done. There's 1 more kid that is expected to be at Bosco that will blow everyones minds, if it happens.

Many will be pissed if it happens. But MD has some tricks up their sleeves too. Like i mentioned a couple of weeks ago, be prepared for some stunning moves. Its not over between these 2 programs.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:15 pm

FriarJoe wrote:QR_BBPOST You can be on Bosco’s team and not be Power 5. But can you actually play (start) at Bosco and not be power 5?
of course you can. They just had a starting OL commit to an Ivy League.