Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

watchersince68

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by watchersince68 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:43 pm

The talent pool seems to be better at MD this year. A freshman starting on the OL. 2 Bru McCoy's and decent corp of running backs.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:50 pm

Tell me more about that sophomore DB last night? That kid gonna be special...

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:02 pm

well, MD was the underdog in last years title game and prevailed, hopefully its Bosco this time, hopefully they use their back to back post-season, title game losses to MD has fire and motivation.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Braves starters tonight include some unexpected names, if you actually believed some of the nonsense being claimed this offseason by some outspoken self-proclaimed transfer evaluators on this board.

DJ’s little brother, 6’5” 9th grader Matayo, starts in a 2-TE formation in place of slot WR Logan Loya (Orange Lutheran). Likely just a favor done for the family and Big Dave sending both boys to Bosco, an hour from their home in Chino Hills. No worries, Loya later had a clutch catch and run for 30 yds on 4th and 4 on SJB first drive, sets up first TD. Not an impact transfer at all lol.

Sophomore RB and Servite transfer Jabari Bates starts at RB in place of UCLA commit Nate Jones, coming off knee surgery last season and being held out, despite participating in warmups, per ESPN.

Sophomore DT and Carson transfer Jairus Satele wins the battle among gigantic free agents to start on the Dline next to Kobe Pepe. Beats out 320 lb Sr Las Vegas import Zeke Noma’aea, 6’6” Redondo transfer Noa Masui (August arrival) and the third Lockhart brother/cousin from Redlands Citrus Valley HS — 6’3” 275 pound Josiah. Maybe one of them isn’t actually eligible yet or has already returned to their prior school. Satele already has a sack and TFL in the 1Q. But he’s just “depth” lol.

Speaking of Lockharts, the oldest of the free agent family from the IE, senior Danny, started at ILB, next to the star transfer — 4-star Ma’a Gaoteote, who transferred this offseason from Vegas Faith Lutheran to IMG to SJB, obviously making at least one valid change of address.

But remember, all these Bosco transfers are average, just for depth. The Clippers are also just hoping to make the playoffs.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:35 pm

looks like ever since MD and Bosco became the National Powerhouse teams they have been for the past couple of years now, Bosco has received more transfers than MD has.

TeethPrice

Post by TeethPrice » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:57 am

Didn’t see some of the Bosco transfers play last night, not sure if I missed them, if they are hurt, or if they are in the 5 game sit out period.

Didn’t see DL Jasiah Lockhart, although his brother and cousin both played. So I doubt that’s a sit out/residence issue.

Also didn’t see Gahr transfer LB Aaron Simpson, who I was looking forward to seeing. He won LB position MVP at the SC summer camp right before he transferred and Negro said he was very excited about him in a preseason interview. Hopefully he is good to go soon.

Didn’t realize until this weekend that Mark Ard returned to Santa Margarita. He likely was going to only get bit snaps at Bosco, given the rise of Beasley the soph. and having James Smith and Josh Alford ahead of him.

Fridayisgameday

Post by Fridayisgameday » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:03 pm

I noticed Bosco play a lot of young running backs against DeMatha, what happen Keith Savage . I thought he would have been there number 1 back this year after getting a lot of playing time last year.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:28 pm

Fridayisgameday wrote: I noticed Bosco play a lot of young running backs against DeMatha, what happen Keith Savage
Savage is no longer with the program. I’m not going to act like I know what happened there any more than I know what’s happened with (or is still happening with) Moses Sepulona and Sefita Tupe at MD. I’ll leave that to the “board insiders.”

Per Jason Negro, UCLA commit Nate Jones was/is slated to be SJB’s top back this year, backed by a trio of speedy, lightweight sophomores (Luke, Hayes, and Servite transfer Jabari Bates).

Bates started last night and looked solid, as Jones is still getting to 100% coming off a season ending knee injury last fall and only played a couple of snaps.

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:59 pm

Redpill....
Look at the game again, Jabari bates is the 3rd rb that came in. Speedy Luke started. All are considered 1's. 1a, 1b, 1c but Jabari did not start. The dl was 2 sophomores and 2 seniors. Both backers are transfers, the secondary was 5 seniors all 4 year braves. Marc ard and the Josiah lockhart kid have left. Simpson is a 5 game sit-out.
Gatto and Noah played maybe 12 snaps combined.
Savage actually was dismissed from the school during last year (nov/dec 18)

TeethPrice

Post by TeethPrice » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:55 pm

Good call Bandwagon (Go Braves!). Per his IG Jahsiah Lockhart is now at San Bernardino Cajon and played in their loss to San Diego Helix. Wow. Left his brother and cousin at Bosco.

That’s gotta be an interesting commute for the parents, not to mention some tough decisions on Friday nights. I wonder if he left because of the logjam on the DL with all the other newcomers and young guys, and the late transfer of Masui from Redondo High.

Still, that had to be tough to leave your own blood behind, and a top 5 team in the nation.

CIFSSPMK

Post by CIFSSPMK » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:07 pm

The secondary and OLine are the only units on this team that could be characterized as “all 4 year Braves.”

AJ Gatto didn’t start for Bosco but rotated in behind Danny Lockhart and played around 15-20 snaps by himself. At least until the sit out period ends, he’s set to be the top backup LB for Bosco.

Masui the Redondo kid indeed only played a handful of snaps, and looked like he’s used to playing against Mira Costa and PV High.

Aaron Simpson’s only cameo last night was on the sideline in street clothes, celebrating the fumble recovery with his teammate wearing the Bosco “turnover chain” on ESPN :lol:

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:44 pm

It’s possible to have gotten numbers confused among all the 150-pound 10th grade Bosco RBs and overall roster additions/transfers! If Bates didn’t start, he did have the most carries and the best runs.

Regardless, if senior Nate Jones is healthy he’s the alpha of that RB group. Even Negro wouldn’t dispute that. But at this point that’s a big if.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:21 am

The Bosco defense played way better than expected. BUT, its against DeMatha, who;s very one dimensional. It was easy to game plan against. The good thing is they have weeks to get that defense better. No real threats coming. Don Bosco Prep is essentially a mini DeMatha. 2 good running backs. You can't beat Bosco if all you do is run.

Coming into the season, I felt the defense was going to be a huge problem, and not in a good way. Bryce is gonna pick that defense apart. Ard leaving hurt. He was needed. Would have played a ton.

@JSerra is gonna be a good one.

SuperMonster

Post by SuperMonster » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:07 am

School count at five now for Trillian Harris. Now at Colony in Ontario. :eh?:

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:55 am

Free agency sucks in High School...

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:30 pm

from what I saw against East (well coached, option offense with athletes- JSerra's defense is very good. Offense needs work. I suspect as Booty gets mor comfortable with receivers it will open up and Street will not have to face 10 in the box.

Need to see how JSerra does against a team that throws more-find out if their DB's can cover anyone.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:01 am

free housing in Santa Ana, is that a new, recent thing? that has helped MD lure better talent?

SoCalFball

Post by SoCalFball » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:05 am

Oh they definitely tried getting Drake Jackson last season from CC and this season they tried to get Korey Forman but hey let them tell the story and they don’t do anything wrong.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:14 am

SoCalFball wrote: Oh they definitely tried getting Drake Jackson last season from CC and this season they tried to get Korey Forman but hey let them tell the story and they don’t do anything wrong.
FACTS

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:02 am

I also heard the Monarchs tried to get Khalil Mack, Kayvon Thibodeaux and Amari Cooper last offseason. Tried to get Odell Beckham, Justin Flowe, Korey Foreman and Antonio Brown this offseason. All failed but you know the QB Club was willing!!

Bosco also tried to get Kyle Ford, Mycah Pittman, Jarvis Landry and Ndamokong Suh last season, and LeVeon Bell, DeSean Jackson, Logan Loya and Ma’a Gaoteote this offseason Oh Wait Hey Let Them Tell the story FACTS lol