Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

WantTheNFLBack714

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:53 pm

ever since Rollo blew up the program following the 2011 season, it wouldn't shock me or surprise at all, that MD made some off the field moves, that increased their chances of luring better talent to MD, compared to the talent they received in the decade before, in which they had a full decade absence without a CIF Title game appearance, and what lured Bru McCoy, JT Daniels to MD, etc.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:05 am

What attracted JT, BRU, ETC.. was MD coach Dave Money and the IE DUCKS. Money coached and raided the ducks, recruited them to MD and there you go. They did let the kid at SERRA get away, but they found others.
What im very shocked at is, how does MD, MV, J SERRA, let Joey Hobert at San Juan Hills get away?
That kid is the BEST athlete in Orange County! 10 receptions for 223 yards and 3 TDS vs OLU, also made 12 tackles, while playing special teams, never left the field. Much respect for the kid staying put. He has a full ride to Washington st., and he still is going all out! Some times , you see kids once they get their scholly, ease up and coast through their senior year, leaving the TEAM goal behind, and thats to WIN a CIF CHAMPIONSHIP.

SoCalFball

Post by SoCalFball » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:53 am

hit the lights wrote: What attracted JT, BRU, ETC.. was MD coach Dave Money and the IE DUCKS. Money coached and raided the ducks, recruited them to MD and there you go. They did let the kid at SERRA get away, but they found others.
What im very shocked at is, how does MD, MV, J SERRA, let Joey Hobert at San Juan Hills get away?
That kid is the BEST athlete in Orange County! 10 receptions for 223 yards and 3 TDS vs OLU, also made 12 tackles, while playing special teams, never left the field. Much respect for the kid staying put. He has a full ride to Washington st., and he still is going all out! Some times , you see kids once they get their scholly, ease up and coast through their senior year, leaving the TEAM goal behind, and thats to WIN a CIF CHAMPIONSHIP.
Don't forget MD coach Pat Dubar who I believe either started the IE Ducks or is a major part with them. How do you think MD has so many kids coming from the IE on those carpool vans lol. Give it 2-3 more years and the only teams in D1 will be MD and Bosco lol

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:55 am

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote: it wouldn't shock me or surprise at all, that MD made some off the field moves, that increased their chances of luring better talent to MD
Little known fact: Mater Dei Football is actually run by the SPECTRE organization from the 007 movies lol
WantTheNFLBack714 wrote: what lured Bru McCoy, JT Daniels to MD, etc.
Hmmm. Could have been MD being on the cusp of championships already in the 3 years right before they enrolled (appearing in back to back CIF finals and winning 31 games from 2012-14). Or JT’s goal to play QB for MD since he was in elementary school. Or JT and Bru deciding a year in advance to play together for the IE Ducks and then go to Mater Dei and try to win a national championship or 2 (which they eventually did).

But yeah, it was probably nefarious “off the field moves.”

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:01 am

hit the lights wrote: What attracted JT, BRU, ETC.. was MD coach Dave Money and the IE DUCKS. Money coached and raided the ducks, recruited them to MD and there you go.
Lol yeah ok Dave Money also was an assistant to Emilio Estevez coaching the Mighty Ducks. Money doesn’t even know how to get to the IE.

If we’re throwing things against the wall, let’s at least make sure not to mistake Dave Money for Pat Dubar. Sheesh lol

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:09 am

hit the lights wrote: What im very shocked at is, how does MD, MV, J SERRA, let Joey Hobert at San Juan Hills get away?
That kid is the BEST athlete in Orange County! 10 receptions for 223 yards and 3 TDS vs OLU, also made 12 tackles, while playing special teams, never left the field. Much respect for the kid staying put.
Totally agree with this sentiment. Hobert is a DUDE, will be Mike Leach’s new Wes Welker at Wazzu if one of these powerhouses doesn’t wake up and discover him before the end of the season.

Him enrolling and staying at SJH might have something to do with his dad, 1991 national champion QB Billy Joe from UDub, being on staff there, and I believe at least one of his siblings also having attended school in “the Badlands.”

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:14 am

I feel theres a lot of truth to that, even though I've read this article before, a part of it slipped my mind before, when it was said:

"Another factor that went into the top signal caller picking the Monarchs is the coaching staff. It’s a staff that Daniels is very familiar and one in which he worked with in the past. “The coaching staff is really incomparable! I have been working with Coach Money, the offensive coordinator, at camps for the past four years,” says Daniels. “I love the positive reinforcement given from the whole coaching staff. They really know how to toughen-up and get the best out of their players.”

so sounds like no doubt about it, Dave Money did influence many of the IE Ducks players to attend MD.

In a way, i'm kinda shocked that Mission Viejo hasn't attracted or lured elite talent even though they have been championship contenders for years now and they didn't have a drought as long as MD until JT Daniels and Bru McCoy arrived.

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:59 am

Isn't Hobert Mormon? May explain why he didn't go to one of the private factories.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:03 am

If Billy Joe is any indication, I don’t think Joey Hobert is mormon. But even if he is, I don’t see why that would stop him from going to a parochial school, if that’s what your saying. There are a bunch of LDS kids at Catholic (and Lutheran) schools all across the Southland, including the Trinity Lg schools. An LDS kid could probably find a group of teammates to go to temple with at Bosco, JSerra, Mater Dei, OLu, Alemany, etc.

Hobert’s lives in the area, his friends likely went to SJH and his dad (who is also a private trainer) has been involved there and wanted him at SJH. No one seemed to even be aware of him until last season, so it’s not likely he was being wooed by the Johnsons at MV or any TL schools when he was in youth ball.

aberamsey

Post by aberamsey » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:11 am

Hobart was at JSerra as a freshman. He left in the Hartigan to Harlow transition. I’ve heard varying stories about why, but his dad was on the staff as well.

OldSunsetFan

Post by OldSunsetFan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:19 am

Pat Dubar no longer working together with the Ducks.

You're seeing and going to see OG Ducks (New IE Ducks) going to other schools along with going to Mater Dei.

Players are going to the best fit but mainly going to high schools that the parents have current relationships with the coaching high school staff.

You will see this more next year.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:06 pm

IE/OG Ducks kids have already been going to schools other than MD for years, including Gardena Serra’s current best player and 4-star WR recruit LV Bunkley Shelton, Norco WR/LB, Oregon commit and 4-star recruit Jaden Naverrette (initially at Centennial) Bosco WR and Oregon commit Kris Hutson, Bosco freshman and heir apparent QB Pierce Clarkson, former Serra star and current USC freshman DB Max Williams, several JSerra players (including Treyce Warren) and multiple kids at Calabasas (including Jaylen Thompson).

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:20 pm

KuppRunneth wrote:FACTS
Mater Dei did not try to get Drake Jackson or Korey Foreman you guys are just making crap up now. However, I seem to remember a few of the Bosco faithful promising one more HUGE recruit coming after they got the backer from IMG. Everyone who knows anything knows you guys were referring to Korey Foreman, even sent DJ or a secret recruiting mission to Clemson to meet Korey while he was there. A last second flight to South Carolina. Guess you guys could not pull it off. It's ok you missed 1 out of 20, those are great numbers. :thumbsup:

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:52 pm

OCurbanlegend wrote: Mater Dei did not try to get Drake Jackson or Korey Foreman you guys are just making crap up now. However, I seem to remember a few of the Bosco faithful promising one more HUGE recruit coming after they got the backer from IMG. Everyone who knows anything knows you guys were referring to Korey Foreman, even sent DJ or a secret recruiting mission to Clemson to meet Korey while he was there. A last second flight to South Carolina. Guess you guys could not pull it off. It's ok you missed 1 out of 20, those are great numbers.
i will not argue whether Bosco went after Foreman or not. The difference is some of us don't get butt hurt when accused.

And you think Bosco recruited half of those kids they picked up this off season? LOL. Half of them wanted to be here and weren't guys Bosco went out and recruited. There's a difference between going out there to get a kid vs just getting a kid calling and asking to come, no??

SuperMonster

Post by SuperMonster » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:02 pm

hit the lights wrote:What im very shocked at is, how does MD, MV, J SERRA, let Joey Hobert at San Juan Hills get away?
He was at JS and transferred to SJH. He's a good kid and just wants to play with his friends.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:31 pm

Any discussion about the IE/OG Ducks these days is lacking if the other local youth pipelines for HS football destination schools are not included.

Schools like Bosco, Serra, LB Poly, Centennial, MD, Rancho Verde, JSerra, OLu, MV, SM, Servite, Calabasas, Alemany, LA Cathedral, Oaks Christian and many others have capitalized for years on recruiting (“attracting”) youth league talent from around the Southland.

The OC Buckeyes have been a rival of the Ducks for years at the youth level and a source of many recent Trinity Lg enrollees (particularly as the main source of Troy Thomas’ “4 year experience” at Servite). And now you have the South County Trojan program, bred and fed by MV coach Chad Johnson, looking to make its mark on the youth scene as a rival to the Ducks and Bucks.

The LA-area youth orgs/teams have always been pipelines for mega talent, including the Carson Colts, Wilmington Pilots, Hub City Tar Heels, Baldwin Hills Bruins, Cali Bears, Cerritos Steelers (MD/Cal Poly RB Shakobe Harper, Bosco/Oregon WR Josh Delgado) and SYFL teams like the Pomona Steelers (Bosco OL Max Gibbs, Upland’s Flowe Bros.).

And that’s leaving out IE orgs/teams like the Upland Hurricanes (DJ Uiagalelei, Darren Jones (Cajon)), IV Hurricanes (OLu QB Logan Gonzalez and WRs Malik Blackmon, Tiger Bachmaier), the Premier Knights/WCA organization (Carson Conklin (OLu), Matayo Uiagalelei (SJB)), the old Corona Chargers program and the MoVal Raiders.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:08 pm

basically what I meant was, is that other High Schools in the other Southern California region, or just CA, it shocks and disappoints me, were unable to lure or attract elite talent to their schools like MD has ever since Rollo blew up the program, they never could attract, lure elite talent like JT Daniels, Bru McCoy, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Tommy Brown, etc.

Talent in the sense that makes them National Championship contenders, not even LB Poly sadly could never do that even though they have a tradition-rich football history, nor could Mission Viejo under Bob Johnson, I think the closest Mission Viejo ever got to a National Title was the 2004 team, that finished number 2 in the Nation.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:06 pm

There’s at least one other HS in the SoCal region that has been able to lure elite talent since it “blew up the program” two years before Rollo, in 2009, unceremoniously firing 12 year HC, alum and 1985 team captain Kiki Mendoza: SJB.

Since then, Bosco has recruited attracted not just elite D1 prospects, but future pros to Bellflower, year after year, whether they started 9th grade there or (often times) not — Josh Rosen (Cardinals/Dolphins), DJ Uiagalelei, Jacob Tuioti-Mariner (Falcons practice squad) Wyatt Davis, Jaiden Woodbey, Trent McDuffie, Ma’a Gaoteote.

They have an infrastructure of off field staff to rival any Texas Friday Night Lights-type program, and most colleges, including a full time “Director of Operations” and an in-house youth/transfer recruiting coordinator, who has a shadowy budget to travel around the nation each offseason taking select players on unofficial visits to places like Clemson, Oregon, Alabama and Penn State, and maybe even USC or UCLA — sometimes more than once. Putting it all on Twitter and Instagram OF COURSE.

They have developed a brand so powerful that they now refer to it as #destinationbosco (pushpin emoji) within their constant stream of social media (not at all aimed at kids from the youth programs listed above lol).

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:06 pm

The Jason Negro-era Braves (Di Mihi Animas Caetera Tolle!) reveal new elite Nike uniforms and school-specific gear multiple times a year, a la Oregon, play on national TV more than some Pac12 programs, and annually publicize uncommitable college “offers” to 9th graders who haven’t even participated in a varsity spring practice yet (but who doesn’t right?).

Thanks to the likes of Brian Panish and friends (did we mention the $7M stadium lacking bathrooms — God will provide), they have the resources to be competitive with anyone in the nation. Literally — they can play anyone anywhere using booster-subsidized flights for travel to annual OOS games that other programs can’t afford to do EVERY YEAR (even MD). This year they will take trips to Vegas and Honolulu to destroy local public schools, and they will surely be taking the entire team on local tours, much like the D.C. and So. Florida tours in 2017.

They won a national title* in 2013, and are unquestionably annual national contenders, including this year (currently the nation’s #1 team per “PrepForce”), and every year in the foreseeable future. Top prospects at the youth level and at other high schools (both in state and out of state) notice all of these things, and many want to be a part of #BraveNation.

Basically, they do or have already done everything Mater Dei currently does and more, but bigger, flashier, and some would say better (at least until the last couple of years). And they do some of what IMG, St Frances Academy and St Johns are doing. I think you may have overlooked them a bit lol.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:20 am

like I said elsewhere, a part of me is reluctant to label the 2013 Bosco team a true national champion, because they didn't finish number 1 in every major poll, computer poll, like the 2017 MD team did, and instead, Booker T. Washington is listed as the National Champion of that season on Wikipedia.

Also, correct me if i''m wrong, I believe ever since MD and Bosco became the elite national powerhouses for the past couple of years now, Bosco has received more transfers than MD has right? Also, in this sense the way im posting, I like to feel that MD has lured more elite talent than Bosco has over the past couple of seasons, since MD has won true National titles while Bosco hasn't for the reasons I mentioned.

I figure that even before Rollo blew up the program, I figured it was always destiny for MD to become a national powerhouse again, because of the dynasty that MD had during the 90's, that forever made MD a destination where elite talent or parents wanted to send their kids, despite the nearly 2-decade title drought MD had.