Mater Dei Geography

JakeRoberts

Mater Dei Geography

Post by JakeRoberts » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:28 am

Hello All

Casual follower of high school football. I know there are some experts on this board, so I figured this would be the place to get answers.

From what I gather on this board Mater Dei sends out vans to Orange, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Los Angeles counties transporting players to and from school. With rush hour morning traffic, what time are these boys getting picked up so they can get to campus by 7:30am? By the time practice ends, and they get drive back to wherever they are from, that has got to make for a very long day for these boys.

Where are all the starters coming from? I just saw the LA Times named Bru McCoy the player of the year. Where is he from?

Handling the daily transportation logistics for an entire team coming from all over southern California must be a full time job. Does Mater Dei football have a Director of Football Operations that handles this?

OCurbanlegend

Re: Mater Dei Geography

Post by OCurbanlegend » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:18 pm

MD program says Micheal Barragan is director of football operations but I doubt highly he is in charge of rides to school.

Bru McCoy lives in LA somewhere but has family in Orange County.

Based on many of your previous post's I thought you would be asking how much the director of operations was paid or what Bru McCoy was paid for that matter. you seemed obsessed with money and what people make. :shock:

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:04 pm

Just about as much as you are obsessed with trying to trash Bosco.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:05 pm

I remember the MD QB of the early 2000's Jason Forcier, lived in Carlsbad I think, but he transferred out his senior year.

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:02 am

BoscoBrave wrote:Just about as much as you are obsessed with trying to trash Bosco.
Nah just stating the facts and returning serve since they can't seem to stop going after MD. They like to dish it out but can't take especially that QB's dad over there...

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:34 am

The Joshua Hunter kid lives near Temecula. His dad is the ex major league baseball player. Thats got to be a lot of travel??

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:45 pm

OCurbanlegend wrote:QR_BBPOST They like to dish it out but can't take especially that QB's dad over there...
Don’t you DARE tell “Big Dave” that DJ ain’t the NUMBA 1 playa in the world.

Especially not after he creates a meme for every single award his son wins or is nominated for.

And after he campaigns for every poll to rank any Texas team available over MD for all of December :lol:

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:47 pm

just thought i'd bump this, because I know there have been quite a few MD students, athletes, that made long commutes to MD, I believe didn't MD have a basketball player that lived in Fontana? I also remember, back in high school, when I was doing my youth ministry at my local church, an MD student, she told me that one of her classmates lived in Lake Elsinore and went to MD.

RPW

Post by RPW » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:16 am

What are the residential boundaries outlined for a private school?
I am The Voice of Reason

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:39 am

RPW wrote:QR_BBPOST What are the residential boundaries outlined for a private school?
Hard to believe people here need to ask this question. Private schools have no residential boundaries.

RPW

Post by RPW » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:03 pm

Now that question is answered... this thread was a waste.
I am The Voice of Reason

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:16 pm

absolutely, residential boundaries, district boundary lines or attendance boundaries, etc., all the same thing, correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe for many years, decades now, MD has been the main private school, parochial school in the SoCal region, that has drawn students, athletes, from far distances more often than the other private/parochial schools have right?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:23 pm

1) What do you mean by "the main" private school?

2) Where do you get the statistics to back up your assertion about commuting distances? Got a link, or is that just "what people are saying"?

TheOldGym

Post by TheOldGym » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:42 am

LOLing at the idea Mater Dei is the only private school that utilizes buses/vans or coach-driven carpools using parents’ cars.