2019 Football Schedules

cruiser

Re: 2019 Football Schedules

Postby cruiser » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:30 am

It's probably one of the ten top toughest schedules in the nation for next season and no matter what
the opinions are,with MD only taking in one transfer so far, (compared to Bosco's double digits)
this will be a tough gig for MD, (especially with the administration turning down, rumor goes several
four star players that wanted to transfer in at winter semester).

If they can truly make it through this schedule with no losses or even one loss to the right team, they
deserve a three-peat as national champs!

OC Sports

Postby OC Sports » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:44 am

Seems like Rollinson is afraid to play the best teams. Remember that bogus claim by many of the “insiders” exactly one year ago.

KuppRunneth

Postby KuppRunneth » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:10 am

cruiser wrote:It's probably one of the ten top toughest schedules in the nation for next season and no matter what
the opinions are,with MD only taking in one transfer so far, (compared to Bosco's double digits)
this will be a tough gig for MD, (especially with the administration turning down, rumor goes several
four star players that wanted to transfer in at winter semester).

If they can truly make it through this schedule with no losses or even one loss to the right team, they
deserve a three-peat as national champs!

Thats why i feel like MD has something up their sleeves and won't stand still with their current team. The schedule is brutal.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:23 pm

OC Sports wrote:Seems like Rollinson is afraid to play the best teams. Remember that bogus claim by many of the “insiders” exactly one year ago.

Well, I don"t know, MD certainly did not have a cupcake schedule last year, it's SOS rating
was over and above most if not all the other state champions in the nation, overall...
Again,this coming season will be a tough gig for MD. We'll see.

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:09 pm

cruiser wrote:It's probably one of the ten top toughest schedules in the nation for next season

Try top 1 or 2. The best schedules I have seen so far for next year are MD and St Johns College which I posted earlier in this thread.
With only 1 transfer and an apparent unwillingness to accept other transfers so far it will be interesting next season.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:33 pm

Yes, personally; IMO; they've taken on much more than a plate full, will be interesting to see
how it all pans out.

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:18 pm

OutOfState wrote:Source of the post The game details for MD/SJC has been confirmed for several weeks. It’s Sept 27 at Catholic University in Washington DC. It will be the homecoming game for SJC.

Such a big game between two likely preseason top 10 teams nationally, interesting that it hasn’t been mentioned outside of the St. John’s Football Twitter feed(?). Even if MD hasn’t announced a final schedule yet, would have expected a game announcement in major, related outlets like the Washington Post/OC Register/LA Times/MaxPreps/USAT. Even ESPN, if they are televising as indicated.

Regardless, another big boy national matchup for MD. Can’t remember the last time they made a cross country trip for a game. Especially a week before Trinity play begins. Having the bye (Sept 20/21) after the Sept. 14 slugfest in LA with top 10 St Frances, and before the trip to D.C., should help at least a bit.

Hopefully Rollo will get to take the boys on a pregame tour of Washington like Negro did with Bosco a couple years ago.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:30 pm

OutOfState wrote:Source of the post The best schedules I have seen so far for next year are MD and St Johns College

No doubt. SJC playing the best teams from Pennsylvania (at St Josephs) and Florida (IMG), arguably the best from Texas (at Duncanville) and the defending California state champ (Mater Dei).

Not to mention two other teams from South Florida filled with D1 prospects, all before playing in one of the toughest leagues in the US (WCAC).

St Johns alum and Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank’s multi-million dollar investment in the program is not going to waste.

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:43 pm

JSerra is playing SM on Trinity opening week, Oct. 4. Playing that rivalry as the league opener is dumb, but I guess it’s not a marquee game right now.

Since we know Mater Dei and Bosco won’t play until later in October (I believe Oct. 18), what are the other two matchups that night?

Is it MD-Servite again to open league (also dumb)? Or is it MD-OLu and Bosco-Servite?

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:51 am

League schedules rotate each year so you don’t play a given team the same week every year.

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:38 am

That didn’t used to be the case with rival games like MD/Servite but yes, I know i.e. JSerra/SM being the league opener for 2019 as opposed to regular season finale.

The question is what is the rotation for 2019? Particularly for the first week Oct. 4. Haven’t seen that fully revealed. The only finalized league schedule I’ve seen is JSerra’s.

KuppRunneth

Postby KuppRunneth » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:32 am

Is Bosco still trying to fill a hole in their schedule, or is it complete but not 100% confirmed?

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:34 pm

RedPillWonderland wrote:That didn’t used to be the case with rival games like MD/Servite but yes, I know i.e. JSerra/SM being the league opener for 2019 as opposed to regular season finale.

The question is what is the rotation for 2019? Particularly for the first week Oct. 4. Haven’t seen that fully revealed. The only finalized league schedule I’ve seen is JSerra’s.

I know MD homecoming game is against Servite on Oct 11. JSerra is Nov 1 at home which is the last league game. The dates of the 5 nonleague games are set also. Im not sure about Bosco, OLu and SM games. They would definitely be set now but I have not seen MD release their full official schedule yet. I’m not sure what they are waiting for at this point.

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:28 pm

Mater Dei Football 2019 Regular Season Schedule

Fri Aug 23 - Corona Centennial (SA Bowl)
Fri Aug 30 - Villa Park (SA Bowl)
Fri Sept 6 - @ Peoria (AZ) Centennial
Sat Sept 14 - St. Frances Academy (MD) (@ SJB) (Trinity v. USA Showcase)
Fri Sept 20 - BYE
Fri Sept 27 - @ St. John’s College HS (DC) (CUA Cardinal Stadium) (ESPN)
Fri Oct 4 - Orange Lutheran (SA Bowl)
Fri Oct 11 - Servite (SA Bowl) (HC)
Fri Oct 18 - @ Santa Margarita (THHS/TBD)
Fri Oct 25 - @ St. John Bosco (Panish Stadium)
Fri Nov 1 - JSerra (SA Bowl)

-

Based on current reports and information. Feel free to correct/ridicule any mistakes.

KuppRunneth

Postby KuppRunneth » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:29 pm

Now the wait for Bosco's schedule. I love the late season Bosco/MD matchup.

credofriar

Postby credofriar » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:24 am

Redpill
The trinity league rotates back a game every year. Game 1 in league in 2018 is now game 2. Game 5 in league us vs bosco is name game 1in league.
Your response of “dumb” is dumb since it is on a rotating basis.

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:34 pm

I think playing traditional league rival games like Mater Dei-Servite (or many others) as a league opener is dumb.

I don’t care what the justification is, including an arbitrary league rotation scheme. The non-rival games in any league could easily be rotated while keeping the traditional rival games on a consistent date, either as the final game or at least later in the season. I’m not the only one who feels that way. And others can disagree.

I feel the same way about major college rivalries that were or still are traditionally played on the same date, many on the final week of the season. Some are played on other weeks like Notre Dame-SC in October or Alabama-Tennessee on the third Saturday of October.

But don’t fret credofriar, The Bagpipers will have an annual opportunity to get beaten into submission by the Monarchs no matter which week the game is rotated to.

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:01 pm

Mater Dei will also scrimmage Los Alamitos at Los Al on Thursday Sept 15.

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:31 pm

RedPillWonderland wrote:Source of the post Mater Dei will also scrimmage Los Alamitos at Los Al on Thursday Sept 15.

For whatever reason, the system won’t let me fix the typo but this scrimmage is obviously on August 15 not September.

Good opportunity for Mater Dei to get some competitive game-like reps before the Centennial opener for what appears will be a young and inexperienced set of offensive skill position players (around Bryce Young).

FriarJoe

Postby FriarJoe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:29 am

Well it’s official. Bishop Gorman posted their schedule and Servite is playing the Gaels in Las Vegas on September 7. 100 degree weather awaits the Friars.

Return to “High School”