bosco beats mater dei in basketball

FTK51

Re: bosco beats mater dei in basketball

Post by FTK51 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:13 pm

Uh, its well documented that Freedman's birthday is June 24, 1998. Just look at his wikipedia page, draft express, nbadraft.com.......

So, since he graduated in 2018, he completed 10th grade in June, 2016. Do some complicated math and you'll see that means he turned 18 soon thereafter.

Evans was a 2019 right up until his second 8th grade year. I may have exaggerated by a couple of weeks, his 18th birthday was 10 days ago. Just look at his twitter feed.

Either way, that actually wasn't the point of my post. I was simply stating that this team probably isn't McKnight's "youngest" due to the current age/holdback situation of this generation of HS athletes. I was using these two as easily verifiable examples.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:58 pm

FTK51 wrote: Uh, its well documented that Freedman's birthday is June 24, 1998. Just look at his wikipedia page
Oh someone put surefire NBA Draft pick Freedman’s b day on the Wiki page?! The SSA updates those, no?? :lol:

You were complaining about Freedman getting praise during his SOPHOMORE season, and following that up with talk about him being 18, which may have confused me because that would be TOTALLY wrong. I see you were trying to tie him turning 18 the summer AFTER his soph school year/before junior school year (common for holdbacks LOL) to make some kind of vague point about MDBB.

Overall, I still think you trying to shoehorn the well-worn Freedman holdback story into comments about THIS Mater Dei team really doesn’t work. Without doing any “complicated math,” there is no comparison of Freedman even close to any kid on the current team.

[Sidenote]: Freedman fits in perfectly with his freshman class at Harvard, with all the non-athlete nerds from New England boarding schools who were held back twice to ensure their parents they wouldn’t have to attend a safety school like Dartmouth (dread!)
FTK51 wrote: Evans was a 2019 right up until his second 8th grade year. I may have exaggerated by a couple of weeks, his 18th birthday was 10 days ago. Just look at his twitter feed.
8A792BDE-5D2C-4ADB-8F27-9499CD27EC54.jpeg
Hmmm. :-k Twitter doesn’t appear to be the resource you thought, other than letting us know Evans retweeted about having had a solid game against Servite. If he had just become a grown man, a typical teen sports athlete on Twitter would have not only an announcement, but dozens of replies from all his friends. That is conspicuously missing. :eh?: You sure you only “exaggerated by a couple of weeks”??
FTK51 wrote: Either way, that actually wasn't the point of my post.
Could’ve sworn your post about the alleged ages of holdbacks was about ... the alleged ages of holdbacks. --:--
FTK51 wrote: I was using these two as easily verifiable examples.
You seem to work at the Office of Vital Statistics, but I’d have to say your examples have not been “easily verified.” And you also somehow glossed over your other claim about “most of the MD sophomores” being holdback 17s :wink:

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:12 pm

FTK51 wrote: the current age/holdback situation of this generation of HS athletes.
Eh, don’t sweat it my man ... I love holdback talk, obviously LOL.

I’m actually disappointed that a certain LA Times reporter hasn’t grilled David Uiagalelei about whether his holdback star QB son is going to reclassify or enter this summer’s MLB draft, attempting to pin him down so he can call him and his school “liars” later ... like he did with Steve and JT Daniels last season. #Consistency? --:-- :-k

Exocet 98

Post by Exocet 98 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:51 pm

md CHOKED in the 4 qtr, as simple as that. LOL!! :mrgreen: