The Next Saint John Bosco Quarterback

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

The Next Saint John Bosco Quarterback

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:24 pm

After a two-year recruitment that came down to the Big Two, the Braves secured a highly coveted commitment from a talented reclassified 2023 QB who will be groomed as DJ Uiagalelei’s heir apparent.

Malachi Nelson will enroll and begin his prep career at Bosco this summer after spending his redshirt year leading the Garden Grove Bulldogs to the National Pop Warner Super Bowl in Florida.

The Anaheim native, who turned 15 on the day of the 14 and under Pop Warner Championship in December, comes to Bellflower after a touted youth football career. Expect him to immediately compete with 2018 Bosco backup Ryan Sheehan for the QB2 position as a redshirt freshman this fall.

#TrinityLgStarWars
#GoBraves

BoscoBrave

Re: The Next Saint John Bosco Quarterback

Post by BoscoBrave » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:18 pm

For someone who claims no allegiance to Bosco, you sure do know a lot about them unless this is all BS. Even if this one thing is or isn’t true, you know a ton like you are either associated with the school or know someone who is. Just curious here.

If this is true, that’s awesome news

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:42 pm

“If this is true” :lol: #BraveNation getting a little cheeky? I’ve already got a couple Loyola and Mater Dei alums and an MD affiliated troll campaigning to ban me. Things getting chippy during this busy offseason. And it’s only January.
BoscoBrave wrote: For someone who claims no allegiance to Bosco, you sure do know a lot about them
Don’t overthink it. This isn’t breaking news; not a secret in the local football community.

And I just cover the Trinity Transfer/Holdback/Recruiting beat for needbasedfinancialaid.com. :cool:
BoscoBrave wrote: you know a ton like you are either associated with the school or know someone who is. Just curious here
Ok ok: I’m Jason and Jacob’s cousin, Jermaine Negro.
BoscoBrave wrote: If this is true, that’s awesome news
Congrats. This is a 5 Diaper recruit LOL. Don’t be surprised when Malachi is splitting reps behind DJ at the Battle of the Beach in July. --:-- (I may not be here to provide analysis lol)

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:23 pm

One more touted youth QB enrolling at a Trinity Lg school near you ... for the road lol

For those who have recently wondered who will replace Ryan Hilinski at OLu, an incoming (redshirt) freshman gunslinger should be in the mix to be the Lancers quarterback this season: Carson Conklin.

A highly decorated youth QB on the FBU circuit, the Yorba Linda native spent his redshirt year training with Jordan Campbell’s Winner’s Circle Athletics holdback academy, with DJ Uiagalelei’s brother Matayo (Bosco bound 2023).

Conklin works out with NFL QB draft prep guru Jordan Palmer’s HS/college group (which includes JT Daniels). Also works out with Premium LA/Team Dime and Danny Hernandez (Bryce Young’s personal QB Coach).

Having also considered Mater Dei, Conklin has been attending camps, 4Verts and training sessions with OLu offensive coordiantor Mike Crawford for years (since Crawford was at Mater Dei). Don’t be surprised when Conklin gets a legit shot at winning the OLu job this summer/fall.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/1892881/Carson-Conklin

#WCATraining
#WeAreOLu
#RedStorm

fortheloveofthemoney

Post by fortheloveofthemoney » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:34 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:Expect him to immediately compete with 2018 Bosco backup Ryan Sheehan for the QB2 position as a redshirt freshman this fall.
Mr. in the know about Bosco doesn’t even know that Sheehan didn’t even start on the JV level last year. He was the 2nd string QB even on junior varsity...
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reduced the quote

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:52 pm

Lol was I required to call out EVERY backup on the roster? Or required to note that Sheehan and Isaiah Saldana (who will be 4th string in the fall if he doesn’t transfer) SPLIT reps for Jake Negro on the freaking JVs? How deep shall I go? Is there anything else you’d like me to note? Saldana’s stats in running clock blowouts? Your relation to him?

Did I not name one of the other random backups in a colored penny sending in signals that you’d have preferred? Using your Bosco insider “knowledge” to go at Sheehan in response to a post about another kid? Weird flex but ok :lol: #WhyYouInYourFeelings?

jb914

Post by jb914 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:15 pm

So, who's MD's heir apparent after Bryce graduates?

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:24 pm

jb914 wrote: So, who's MD's heir apparent after Bryce graduates?
Probably first need to know who’s MD’s heir apparent after Rollo retires ... :-k :-$

#RockAndRoll2020??

fortheloveofthemoney

Post by fortheloveofthemoney » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:16 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:Lol was I required to call out EVERY backup on the roster? Or required to note that Sheehan and Isaiah Saldana (who will be 4th string in the fall if he doesn’t transfer) SPLIT reps for Jake Negro on the freaking JVs? How deep shall I go? Is there anything else you’d like me to note? Saldana’s stats in running clock blowouts? Your relation to him?

Did I not name one of the other random backups in a colored penny sending in signals that you’d have preferred? Using your Bosco insider “knowledge” to go at Sheehan in response to a post about another kid? Weird flex but ok :lol: #WhyYouInYourFeelings?
Actually Saldana is A Jr just like DJ, and yes he was the varsity backup. But, there is another soph like Sheehan that beat him out as JV QB. You’re speaking like Sheehan is the next in line, like you have ACTUAL knowledge of the situation. But you don’t. What about the current freshman QB’s in the program? You spoke about Sheehan like you know the situation..Not saying that Malachi isn’t a better QB than the current QB’s in the program, but you threw out Sheehan like he was the heir apparent..

Also, Jake has nothing to do with JV so why do you throw his name out there like you’re in the know about JV?

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:51 pm

:roll: Persistent troll attempt LOL.

Again, assuming he’s not your son, not sure what your major bone is about the lack of recognition and (now) the lack of class identification for Saldana. Should we list his height and weight, favorite foods and social media handles? He was DJ’s mop up guy taking lower level snaps just to get reps last year, who looks like he may not even be at Bosco by the summer.
fortheloveofthemoney wrote: there is another soph like Sheehan that beat him out as JV QB.
Lol oh really, an unnamed “other soph” beat him out huh? Who is that? Do you need me to name another QB you can throw in here? If you’re going to pass judgment on whether others have knowledge of a program, flatly making things up isn’t a good place to start.
fortheloveofthemoney wrote: You’re speaking like Sheehan is the next in line
fortheloveofthemoney wrote: You spoke about Sheehan like you know the situation... you threw out Sheehan like he was the heir apparent..
#-o No, you’re just NOT PAYING ATTENTION. This thread was started by talking about AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT QB being “next in line.” Sheehan was literally mentioned in passing. I’m not sure what your issue is there, but you’re the one who’s acting like Ryan Sheehan killed your dog.
fortheloveofthemoney wrote: you have ACTUAL knowledge of the situation. But you don’t.
fortheloveofthemoney wrote: Jake has nothing to do with JV
What actual knowledge do you have to share about the situation? All you’ve done is whine about the topic and post misstatements. You want to fight so much about Bosco lower levels and every QB in the program, but don’t even have ACTUAL knowledge of the football staff.

I honestly don’t even believe you knew any of these people’s names until I mentioned them. “Another soph QB” “The current freshmen” Look, if you want to argue pointlessly about things you’re unfamiliar with, just go to law school. Quit trolling.

fortheloveofthemoney

Post by fortheloveofthemoney » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:06 am

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote:Lol was I required to call out EVERY backup on the roster? Or required to note that Sheehan and Isaiah Saldana (who will be 4th string in the fall if he doesn’t transfer) SPLIT reps for Jake Negro on the freaking JVs? How deep shall I go? Is there anything else you’d like me to note? Saldana’s stats in running clock blowouts? Your relation to him?

Chris Carter is the other sophomores name. No not trolling, just proving you don’t know as much as you try and portray. Throwing out Sheehans name like he’s the heir apparent and acting like Saldana is anything of substance. Then mentioning Jake Negro as JV coach. All wrong. Jake is the freshman defensive coordinator/ Varsity special teams coordinator. So while you say these JV QB’s are splitting reps on JV for Jake, Jake is actually coaching defense for the freshman at the same time at a different location.

Domingo

Post by Domingo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:42 am

Thoughts on Lachlan Van Rosmalen competing for the job behind DJ this year? I see this kid transferring out if he doesn't get reps and/or if this incoming freshman QB is preferred by the SJB staff.

fortheloveofthemoney

Post by fortheloveofthemoney » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:41 am

I believe Lachlan will beat out the two current sophomores for JV job, but nothing beyond that. Malachi is the future. Wild card is the freshman transfer from Servite. He may beat out Lachlan as JV QB.

sgthartman

Post by sgthartman » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:34 am

Why does any of this matter? As soon as one of these “future HOFers” encounters any type of adversity, lack of play time, etc. he’ll transfer.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:28 pm

Ok so “Chris Carter” “beat out” someone for Bosco’s JV job? The HOF WR for the Vikings? Wow how far has THIS convo been trolled off track for THIS. You know so much ... why didn’t you name the kid initially? Need time to look a name up? Carter is the future now? What were his stats? What was his QB rating? What was the point of all this? :lol:
fortheloveofthemoney wrote: Throwing out Sheehans name like he’s the heir apparent and acting like Saldana is anything of substance.
Again, no ones requiring every backup at SJB to be named outside of you. I didn’t realize that simply calling out a holdback QB’s name would trigger this kind of sensitivity! While you’re trolling “proving” how much you know about Bosco’s plans and I don’t, it would help you to stop BS’ing and admit that I didn’t say anything like that about Sheehan. The only thing all wrong is you exposing your disdain for that kid, driven by your apparent affiliation with one of his competitors.
fortheloveofthemoney wrote: Malachi is the future.
You could have just left it at that. As the authority on Bosco football, it must be REALLY hard for you to believe that someone else would dare speak about the program’s plans.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:52 pm

sgthartman wrote: Why does any of this matter? .... he’ll transfer.
That may be the case; anything can change in the future. But the last kid Bosco brought in on a similar fast track is their current starter.

fortheloveofthemoney

Post by fortheloveofthemoney » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:54 pm

You could have said yeah you’re right, I know nothing although I’m speaking like I have actual information to add. But, it’s ok. What about Jake and his JV QB’s? Oh nothing? Ok, especially since he has nothing at all to do with JV, let alone their offense. Got it!

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:30 pm

fortheloveofthemoney wrote: You could have said yeah you’re right
Well that would be “all wrong” lol ... but keep hating on “heir apparent” Ryan Sheehan and hit me up when “Cris Carter” “beats out” Malachi and everyone else to be the starting QB at SJB, expert.

fortheloveofthemoney

Post by fortheloveofthemoney » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:22 pm

"Well that would be “all wrong” lol ... but keep hating on “heir apparent” Ryan Sheehan and hit me up when “Cris Carter” “beats out” Malachi and everyone else to be the starting QB at SJB, expert..[WRONG

“Expect him to immediately compete with 2018 Bosco backup Ryan Sheehan for the QB2 position as a redshirt freshman this fall. . WRONG

“Or required to note that Sheehan and Isaiah Saldana (who will be 4th string in the fall).. WRONG

“SPLIT reps for Jake Negro on the freaking JVs? WRONG

“Lol oh really, an unnamed “other soph” beat him out huh? Who is that? Do you need me to name another QB you can throw in here?..WRONG

“If you’re going to pass judgment on whether others have knowledge of a program, flatly making things up isn’t a good place to start. WRONG

"You want to fight so much about Bosco lower levels and every QB in the program, but don’t even have ACTUAL knowledge of the football staff WRONG

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:39 pm

Wow this thread ... I’m not sure either one of you knows as much about Bosco football as you think. One of you seems to have unconfirmed information about an incoming freshman QB and the other seems to claim intricate unconfirmed knowledge of the Braves’ lower levels.

It sounds like Malachi Nelson will be brought in with big expectations like DJ was in 2016, and that there is a group of other underclassmen QBs already at Bosco who could make a run at the job as well once DJ’s gone. Leave it at that. Thanks for all the info gentlemen.