Costelli headed to Mission Viejo

BuckW

Costelli headed to Mission Viejo

Post by BuckW »

SM has lost another one. Sophomore QB Peter Costelli has transferred to MV. The firing of Coach Fisher has been a disaster for SM football. They better find a big time coach soon or they will not be able to field a team next year.
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Re: Costelli headed to Mission Viejo

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks »

Welp, I guess CJ figured there’s no reason to take the SM job when he can just take their QB instead! Also just brought over former Eagles DB Brendann Warady. Don’t go to SM; bring SM to you! :cool:

The Devils would now have 3 QBs who started high school elsewhere fighting for their QB1 position this offseason (pending another transfer). A kid who transferred from OLu at mid season last year (Zermeno). Costelli, who is moving on to his third HS and rejoining Chad Johnson. And holdback Trillian Harris, who just cannot escape from Costelli. Was the starting QB at Temecula Chapparal his redshirt freshman year, attempted to join the Trinity Lg by transferring last spring to SM, then transferred to MV after Costelli checked in from Bosco and won the Eagles QB job.

All this after former starter and Bosco transfer Joey Yellen just graduated early to head to ASU.

“There are very few public school jobs that can compete at the highest level. You can’t really compete at the highest level until you have an equal playing field. To be competitive, you have to have a broader pool of players.

Mission has to survive on the kids from our attendance area. Bosco and Mater Dei and OLu and those guys can bring in the best players from the surrounding area.”

- Chad Johnson, May 25, 2018 :roll:

I wonder what South Coast League and social media champ Jaime Ortiz has to say about all this??

I see you making (roster) moves Bad Chad!! #RefreshingToHumanity
Last edited by FatherSonHolyHldbcks on Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

this is all a #Cluster****, where is Costelli originally from?

“There are very few public school jobs that can compete at the highest level. You can’t really compete at the highest level until you have an equal playing field. To be competitive, you have to have a broader pool of players." ~ FSHH

Tell me about bro! ](*,)
Last edited by John Q. Public on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rule violation changed
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
BuckW

Post by BuckW »

I hate to say this but Costelli will not be the last one to transfer from SM. There are several more on the way out and most likely headed to MV. They better bring in a coach at the level of Matt Logan or they may have to forfeit their Trinity League games next year. The limited talent they have left will not stick around.
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Trillian literally saving the drama for his mama.
329DE8BF-B50E-496C-9DBF-1834C900F6E6.jpeg
“Outside People”

#DiabloQBChronicles
SK80

Post by SK80 »

This sucks for the rest of OC publics... MV still at just like a always, private-lite! Ya wonder how Ortiz feels about this yet again..
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity »

BuckW wrote: They better bring in a coach at the level of Matt Logan or they may have to forfeit their Trinity League games next year. The limited talent they have left will not stick around.
not sure who sm will hire but i seriously doubt it will be someone at matt logans level... mostly because theres not many at that level
Last edited by John Q. Public on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed the BBCode
SK80

Post by SK80 »

SALTER! Retired public guy with a big pension takes a big salary private job... just silly speculation on my part..... just becuz!
dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy »

SK80 wrote:where is Costelli originally from?
Redondo. Repeated 8th grade to go to Bosco, transfered when he wasn’t going to beat out DJ, was handed the SM job and lead them to a whopping 2 wins and zero Trinity wins with a 50% completion percentage, got the coach fired and now off to MV to likely get beat out by a QB who can find a secondary receiver.

Honestly, other than the fact that SM is a rudderless ship, this should be a non-story.
SK80

Post by SK80 »

Ouch #-o Sorry I inquired!
RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland »

So Chad Johnson spends his first year at Mission talking about an unfair playing field and “doing it the right way,” and has now brought in three holdback Trinity League transfer quarterbacks to compete for the starting job vacated by a graduating Trinity transfer QB.

The starter at SMCHS and the QB he beat out for the job last summer. Emptied out the QB meeting room in RSM. Reeled in the 6’4” former heir apparent to Ryan Hilinski, just in case.

Private schools don’t even recruit that well. Poor Chad, if only he had a bigger pool of kids maybe they could compete.
Dave

Post by Dave »

ESPN should do a 30 for 30 on this....
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Kids are doing transfer announcements for public schools now :lol: :cheers:
796D1AB4-DEE2-4371-BF92-3ADB84282A58.jpeg
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Dave wrote: ESPN should do a 30 for 30 on this....
“What if I told you that an OC coaching legend was humiliated by a private school in his last game, called that team ‘The Best Team Money Can Buy,’ and then watched helplessly as his replacement turned the program he built into a private school transfer factory ...”

“30 for 30: The Two Coach Johnsons”
1867B465-4B13-4E2D-9DF3-D4573A525B1B.jpeg
Dave

Post by Dave »

FatherSon yes I was familiar with that. Good point.
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

Please do not put chad johnson on the level of bob johnson. Bobby boy, is a legend, while chad was mediocre with alot of transfers and talent last year. Costelli is NOT the second coming, but does have aspect to his game that yellen didnt , in running the ball. More mobile. Maybe the AD at SM will be forced to coach now.?? Good luck! Those other two QBS could find a place to start at asap, no problem. What will the CIF office do now?? oh, nothing! :lol:
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

If you look at what San Clemente and Troy Kopp / Ortiz have done with all their QB'S over the years, i think that might be the REAL QB guru in the area now. If i was Ortiz, i would grab some of those SM lineman, AND MV QB'S before JSERRA or SJH can get em. Let the arms race begin, oh, its already started. CIF :lol: :lol:
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Of course, that 30for30 might have to overlook the pre-existing history of transfers from all over the area into MV, and who actually brought in Yellen ...
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Good thing there’s no coach at SM to make a tampering complaint about Costelli and Chad having already gotten some work in at the Nike Elite 11 regional camp last weekend:
8408B88E-CCB6-486A-BB88-75C0F117D804.jpeg
Dad of kid now moving to his 3rd high school has a Twitter handle of “@pcnomad1” Simply awesome. :thumbsup:
Last edited by FatherSonHolyHldbcks on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
albundyrules

Post by albundyrules »

Lets not forget Chad and MV lost their first five games because he was caught using a illegal player last year. Now he brings in another Bosco QB? So your telling me the family is going to move from Redondo to SM to MV in two years?

Wasn't chad just whining about trinity league getting all the transfers? Chad your a clown. Go coach FBU