New Santa Margarita coach

Publicworx

Re: New Santa Margarita coach

Post by Publicworx » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:22 pm

You must know Corona Centennial football. The games are usually decided by halftime allowing a few series to be divided between the other QB's. He has the size and ability to play at Centennial, he can play at lousy Santa Margarita. Looks like he got a verbal offer from FAU a few weeks back.

RPW

Post by RPW » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Publicworx wrote: he can play at lousy Santa Margarita.

Ha!
I am The Voice of Reason

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Publicworx wrote:You must know Corona Centennial football. The games are usually decided by halftime allowing a few series to be divided between the other QB's. He has the size and ability to play at Centennial, he can play at lousy Santa Margarita. Looks like he got a verbal offer from FAU a few weeks back.
If this kid was sitting behind the kid who threw more touchdowns to MD than Bryce Young in the MD game, oh boy.

RPW

Post by RPW » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:18 pm

I have not seen this bad of QB play with Centennial in years and not sure if the lower levels have anything to look forward to.
I am The Voice of Reason

Publicworx

Post by Publicworx » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:32 pm

Family moved from Utah last summer and to my knowledge didn't know anyone. 2 full years in the system he would most likely earned the job. Cen10 still hangs 50 on SM with a QB who throws to his old teammates at Mater Dei so...

liarliar

Post by liarliar » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:39 pm

So let me get this straight, he would have started at Centennial but he chose to go to a program with no OL, RB, WR?? Lol

He is a slower Andy Dalton.

The athletes in the Trinity will eat him up.

Btw, the freshman at Centennial Crum is better than him.

Publicworx

Post by Publicworx » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:15 pm

I'm guessing you're Crums dad??

SM has been reloading and already has talent on the roster, combined with some exciting new coaches. Why play at a school with 7 QB's, who develops?

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:50 pm

Why play at SM? LOL

Roster completely depleted. Will start some freshman because they have nothing else.
3 Coaches with college and/or nfl experience, who have never coached HS football, thats exciting? Sounds like OLU from 2014-2016 or the past SM staff. They had more college coaches than past few years than SM has now.

Even the SM faithfull know this is going to be another bad year.

liarliar

Post by liarliar » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:00 pm

It will be a down year at SM. Even worst than last years 2-8 team.

Jserra and MV have raided the roster. It is a complete rebuild. OL is terrible for the upcoming year.

Defense is even worse.

BTW, I'm not Crums dad but the kid is an average qb. He will be wishing he was still in Utah.

You cannot start a slow QB behind a OL that has no talent in the Trinity.

If kid was any good Logan would play the kid considering the 2 QB's from last year are average at best.

They both were terrible against MD. I'm sure Ricks is looking forward to playing them this year, lol.

Publicworx

Post by Publicworx » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:03 am

Guys like you who scour HS football sites and predict are usually wrong, and bored.

But for your sake, et's continue this discussion after next season and you can tell me how wrong I was.

aberamsey

Post by aberamsey » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:13 am

Why play at SM? LOL

Roster completely depleted. Will start some freshman because they have nothing else.
3 Coaches with college and/or nfl experience, who have never coached HS football, thats exciting? Sounds like OLU from 2014-2016 or the past SM staff. They had more college coaches than past few years than SM has now.

Even the SM faithfull know this is going to be another bad year.
Loading up on coaches with college and NFL experience is a total Coto thing. The reality is the building of these Trinity League schools starts with connections at the youth football level, OC Ducks, Buckeyes, etc. That's the very reason that CJ is ramping up the old Mission Viejo Cowboys. It may give the Coto crowd a tingle down their pant legs to rub elbows with former NFL coaches, but the reality is it's going to take some time for those coaches to build the connections. The issue with the previous SM coaching staff wasn't their coaching ability, they were a very well coached team.

RPW

Post by RPW » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:27 am

liarliar wrote: It will be a down year at SM. Even worst than last years 2-8 team.

Jserra and MV have raided the roster. It is a complete rebuild. OL is terrible for the upcoming year.

Defense is even worse.

BTW, I'm not Crums dad but the kid is an average qb. He will be wishing he was still in Utah.

You cannot start a slow QB behind a OL that has no talent in the Trinity.

If kid was any good Logan would play the kid considering the 2 QB's from last year are average at best.

They both were terrible against MD. I'm sure Ricks is looking forward to playing them this year, lol
Did he move to California specifically for HS football?
I am The Voice of Reason

Publicworx

Post by Publicworx » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:30 am

Considering the HC coached at a well known private school in Colorado and the same "recruiting" attracting kids happens everywhere. Plus, you look at staff members who also played big time college ball they aren't naive to funneling talent into the program. SM has the means, just need the know.

ancient

Post by ancient » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:20 am

First and foremost Santa Margarita Catholic High School IS a college prep high school. Receiving a college prep academic education prepares a young person to fully succeed in academia. College level football coaches prepare young talent to succeed in college football and maybe even at the professional level. For some parents, it's not just about winning in football at the high school level, but succeeding in all aspects of life to the degree possible. College and professional experienced coaches at the high school level makes sense to me at a college prep high school. I have a really good feeling that SM's new coach and his staff embodies SM in life, the classroom and the field. May the building of young men of character begin at SM, and may their academic success prepare them for meaningful and prosperous futures. GO EAGLES!

Ginger88

Post by Ginger88 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:45 am

Almost all high schools (except continuation HS) are college prep. Don't make SM out to be some high and mighty academic school. It is a good school but no better than the schools around it. (MV, Tesoro or THHS)

ancient

Post by ancient » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Santa Margarita Catholic High School embodies the importance of quality substantive academia but also focuses on other areas in developing the individual as a complete person. It exists to fulfill a purpose. For some, integration of academia and spirituality are fundamental and instrumental in the development of a young person. We all maintain different beliefs and that is to be respected. However, I would hope that young men choosing to play football at SM will value their Christian education as well as academia and recognize the benefit it can afford them in life. I personally am highly confident that the head football coach and staff understand their plan and purpose in the paradigm that is SM.

Moosington

Post by Moosington » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:18 pm

I don't know about everyone else, but I just submitted an application. That's one fantastic brochure.

RPW

Post by RPW » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:26 pm

sign me up coach!! great sales pitch.
I am The Voice of Reason

templar83

Post by templar83 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:28 pm

ancient wrote: Santa Margarita Catholic High School embodies the importance of quality substantive academia but also focuses on other areas in developing the individual as a complete person. It exists to fulfill a purpose. For some, integration of academia and spirituality are fundamental and instrumental in the development of a young person.
I'm with Ginger88, your post seems to suggest that other institutions, private or public, ignore "...the importance of quality substantive academia..." Every school in the Trinity League has a mission statement addressing their purpose; as an example Servite's reads as follows:

In accordance with our Integral Student Outcomes, our Mission Statement and our Philosophy, the Academic Program at Servite High School strives to develop students who:

Develop a lifelong desire for learning that culminates in wisdom.
Demonstrate mastery of the academic curriculum in order to succeed in post-secondary education.
Exhibit intellectual maturity by evaluating multifaceted challenges and opportunities and creating innovative solutions.
Demonstrate proficiency in the use of current technologies relevant to higher education and the workplace.
Develop insight into Sacred Scripture so as to find personal meaning.
Gain the knowledge of humanity which fosters a reverence for life.
Demonstrate, in word and deed, the Primacy of Faith.

The other schools describe themselves and their respective goals in a similar fashion and all of them strive to achieve them. Your comments scream a kind of patronizing superiority ( looked up the definition of condescending ) that can be offensive. And I know you don't want that...

ancient

Post by ancient » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:40 pm

I have a very high regard for Servite and their head coach. I have advocated for Servite to many residing in that neck of the woods. We share a common view of education rooted in Christianity. If having Christian beliefs comes across as condescension, that is regrettable.