[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Bosco Youth Football Pipeline - Orange County Forums

Bosco Youth Football Pipeline

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Bosco Youth Football Pipeline

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:09 pm

Southern Section Youth FB Pipeline

For anyone who wants some insight into how top private (and some public) schools recruit youth league stars, including using intermediaries behind the scenes, Bosco Star LB Kourt Williams recently described how he ended up with the Braves during an interview on the Transparent Truth podcast (16:25 mark)

https://omny.fm/shows/transparent-truth ... tar-friday

Transcript:

[After Kourt discusses living in Harbor City/West Carson, just blocks from Narbonne HS, and playing Pop Warner football for the Tri City Falcons in Harbor City]

Host: “What led you to Saint John Bosco, living all the way in Harbor City, around the corner from Narbonne?”

KW: “Well really, it’s crazy because it was my last year of Pop Warner, and my mom’s friend that she grew up with in HS, he actually was a recruiter for Bosco; his name is David Wills; he came to one of my games and said ‘Who is that?!’

And then he got in contact with my mother, because at [the game] he didn’t know that I was her son; then he got in contact with my dad; talked to both of my parents. He told me about Bosco and said I should go to one of their youth camps, for middle school kids.

I went up there, I believe it was during the summer time, and I showed out at the camp. Coach [Jason] Negro and Coach Terry [Bullock], they all got my information. They talked to my parents and told me how they feel that Bosco would be a good fit for me.

I applied there, and they accepted me, and ... the rest is history after that.” (Laughs)

[Host then compliments Kourt and his parents for him not being a holdback] :lol:

Kourt seems like a great kid, was arguably SJB’s best defender last season and certainly will be this year, is turning into a mega recruit after blowing up the Nike Opening combine and has a reported 3.6 GPA. But man, using mom’s HS classmate as a runner? Damn LOL

Imagine the postgame “bumps” with the South County Trojans! Fight On!

#ByANYMeans =D>

BoscoBandWagon

Re: Mission Viejo Football Pipeline

Postby BoscoBandWagon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:08 pm

David Wills was a dad of a football player that was going to be a senior that year. A dad that was very happy with his sons 4 year career at bosco talked to him/recruited him. Mr wills is not nor was not a “recruiter” in the since your thinking of.
Basically is was a bosco dad saying you should go to bosco my son has had a great experience.

FriarJoe

Re: Mission Viejo Football Pipeline

Postby FriarJoe » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:13 am

While that may be true, the mere fact that this youngster so easily uses the phrase “Bosco recruiter” certainly sounds like a clear admission that there are in fact Bosco recruiters.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Bosco Youth FB Pipeline

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:53 am

Split into a new topic because the "OP" had nothing to do with the topic it was posted under.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

benotafraid

Re: Bosco Youth Football Pipeline

Postby benotafraid » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:24 am

Yes clearly
It’s also clear that Covington Catholic boys are racist and Jussie Smollet is a victim.

“Suppose one reads a story of filthy atrocities in the paper. Then suppose that something turns up suggesting that the story might not be quite true, or not quite so bad as it was made out. Is one's first feeling, 'Thank God, even they aren't quite so bad as that,' or is it a feeling of disappointment, and even a determination to cling to the first story for the sheer pleasure of thinking your enemies are as bad as possible? If it is the second then it is, I am afraid, the first step in a process which, if followed to the end, will make us into devils. You see, one is beginning to wish that black was a little blacker. If we give that wish its head, later on we shall wish to see grey as black, and then to see white itself as black. Finally we shall insist on seeing everything -- God and our friends and ourselves included -- as bad, and not be able to stop doing it: we shall be fixed for ever in a universe of pure hatred.”

C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Servite is not living up to Servite standings in football. Fix your problems and move on. Stop making demons where none exist.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:37 am

New topic is fine, but (as stated) this very much relates to many private and public schools across the Southern Section, including Bosco and Mission (and the brand new youth program MV’s head coach is spearheading and will be recruiting from). --:--

albundyrules

Postby albundyrules » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:45 am

Dave Wills only son has special needs and never went to bosco. He also only coached one year at bosco, back in 95. Stop it with this BS about him being a Recruiter. If he says he was a recruiter then good for him getting KW to Bosco. How does any kid go to HS? Because of the relationships you build not everyone is a recruiter.

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:01 am

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:20 am

Don't look at me, I just work here.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:24 pm

A post about an example of youth football recruiting, in a thread about youth football and youth football recruiting, is a “one-off.” But only if it mentions SJB/MD and folks start replying to it. 10-4.

If we’re creating a trigger category of censored schools that inspire “hijacks” in the style of what DJ Trump does with every press conference, probably should throw at least 3-5 more schools in there, including Mission and JSerra.

Return to “High School”