2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

joefutbol
Posts: 5061
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby joefutbol » Fri May 03, 2019 1:43 pm

cruiser wrote:What rock have you been sleeping under, since the beginning of organized sports a co-championship
is always considered in the books as a "championship", (to both teams or individuals), surprised you
would not know that, pretty basic stuff...


Oh... because back when Servite was claiming six consecutive league championships it didn't count around here. I guess we're not doing that anymore.



User avatar
Professor Fate
Posts: 4677
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby Professor Fate » Fri May 03, 2019 1:53 pm

I remember that. Someone on MD's side was complaining about our Championship T-Shirts and hats. (I think it was Ramon). :mrgreen:
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

User avatar
watchersince68
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby watchersince68 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:59 pm

[quote="Professor Fate"]Yeah, the CIF should investigate this.

On the flip side, what is with Mater Dei only winning two Trinity Boys' Championships? Uh-oh Watcher, I don't think MD is going to win that "Top HS Sports Program" award this year...that is unless the girls bailed them out this year?

In fact...head-to-head against Servite this school year was a disaster for the Monarchs. In twenty head-to-head contests against the Friars, Mater Dei was an embarrassingly dismal (6-12-2). :-P


Now Now Professor
We all know there is only one championship that really counts, uh how many in a row now?

templar83
Posts: 1155
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:27 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby templar83 » Fri May 03, 2019 3:34 pm

All this angst and bitterness is depressing. On a lighter note; I'd like to give a shout out to the Cypress High School baseball team that beat Servite in the first round of the CIF Division 1 playoffs yesterday by a score of 5-2. Good luck to the Centurions the rest of the way.

joefutbol
Posts: 5061
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby joefutbol » Fri May 03, 2019 4:25 pm

Haters gonna hate.

daddyooo
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:21 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby daddyooo » Fri May 03, 2019 5:15 pm

would also love to know the JSerra vs SM head to head this year. Know that on the boys side JSerra won football, basketball and baseball. Also girls soccer and basketball. Did the SM girls bail them out also?

User avatar
Professor Fate
Posts: 4677
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby Professor Fate » Fri May 03, 2019 5:27 pm

watchersince68 wrote:Source of the post Now Now Professor
We all know there is only one championship that really counts...

I guess so. Mater Dei must have assigned 95% of its recruiters to football, because they sure didn't manage to secure any talent on most of the other sports. And even so, the mighty Monarchs football team could only finish second to Bosco.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

kingspeed
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:17 am

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby kingspeed » Fri May 03, 2019 11:04 pm

Servite was Trinity champ in track but advanced only 3 individuals into CIF and a relay only. Bosco, JS, and MD all rank top 10 in CIF respective divisions and MD boys in the hunt for a team title. No slam against a league title, good job. But CIF and state are more important and higher value. MD won CIF and state in same year and did not beat Bosco in league as the the big picture was post season and not over taxing athletes events to win league.
"Get In The Mix"

cruiser
Posts: 2926
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:42 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby cruiser » Fri May 03, 2019 11:27 pm

Professor Fate wrote:I guess so. Mater Dei must have assigned 95% of its recruiters to football, because they sure didn't manage to secure any talent on most of the other sports. And even so, the mighty Monarchs football team could only finish second to Bosco.


Now, don't get me wrong winning a league championship is great, but well; you know when you
win a state open division championship, or maybe a CIF SoCal regional championship or you
know, a national championship, everything becomes relative in the big picture of things,
just saying...

User avatar
Professor Fate
Posts: 4677
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby Professor Fate » Fri May 03, 2019 11:40 pm

The thread is about Trinity League Championships.

If you want to talk about playoffs, start your own thread on the subject.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

User avatar
Professor Fate
Posts: 4677
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby Professor Fate » Fri May 03, 2019 11:44 pm

kingspeed wrote:Source of the post But CIF and state are more important and higher value.

That's your opinion. Your focus is on individuals; my focus is on dual meets...two teams head-to-head. I'm interested in Trinity League Championships. I don't care about individuals from dozens of schools competing against one another.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

User avatar
watchersince68
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby watchersince68 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:05 pm

Professor
Last four year football total scoring MD 186 Smurfite 33. Those recruiters really paid off.

User avatar
Professor Fate
Posts: 4677
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby Professor Fate » Sat May 04, 2019 3:42 pm

watchersince68 wrote:Source of the post Those recruiters really paid off.

Did they? You still lost 2 out of 4 Trinity League Football Championships to Bosco.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Daforno
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby Daforno » Sun May 05, 2019 9:33 am

Are you referring to the same Bosco who finished second to Mater Dei in 2 consecutive seasons

1. C.I.F

2. California State

3. National Champions

On another note re: basketball, Bosco was very fortunate to tie MD for the Basketball League title, as for some goofy reason the Trinity League chose to play each other only once, and MD didn't get Bosco at home, yet upon playing Bosco in the C.I.F. playoffs MD played Bosco AGAIN at Bosco and beat them by double digits

User avatar
Professor Fate
Posts: 4677
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby Professor Fate » Sun May 05, 2019 1:46 pm

"Trinity League Boys' Championships" is the thread, not Trinity League Boys' Championships, oh but..." :-P
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

BoscoBrave
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby BoscoBrave » Sun May 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Daforno wrote:Are you referring to the same Bosco who finished second to Mater Dei in 2 consecutive seasons

1. C.I.F

2. California State

3. National Champions

On another note re: basketball, Bosco was very fortunate to tie MD for the Basketball League title, as for some goofy reason the Trinity League chose to play each other only once, and MD didn't get Bosco at home, yet upon playing Bosco in the C.I.F. playoffs MD played Bosco AGAIN at Bosco and beat them by double digits


...and if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

User avatar
watchersince68
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby watchersince68 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:04 am

I can only imagine if MD were to win all the league championships just how pissed you all would be. We got to leave something for the rest of the league to stay reasonably happy.

User avatar
jb914
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby jb914 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:25 am

BoscoBrave wrote:...and if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.


Is your last name Jenner?

User avatar
ThePapalBull
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: 2018-2019 Trinity League Boys' Champions

Postby ThePapalBull » Thu May 09, 2019 5:15 pm

cruiser wrote:But, yet; Servite would trade it all for an state open FB championship!


You say this because you are a Friar grad? Parent? Booster? Because I have been a Servite friar for forty years, and you speak pure fiction. Other than a few members of this loathsome, sad little treehouse of Trinity League pimps in here, NOBODY of worth in the Friar family considers football to be the sacrament of scholasticism that you do. I know hundreds of them. Do you, or is it just this echo chamber of kindred oddballs who strive to speak for the rest of us?

More over, forty and fiftysomething men who are still talking about high school scores from their teen years are some of the saddest people on the planet.

The young men of Servite, and for that matter, the young ladies and men of Rosary Academy, Mater Dei, Orange Lutheran, Santa Margarita, JSerra, Bosco, and Connelly are some of this region's best and brightest. They work incredibly hard across the curriculum and do their best to level up to university. And yet, you all here would reduce programs to a few hours of gridiron or hardwood efforts, overlooking some of the best things about Catholic, Christian, private education.

You need to check yourselves. This board is grotesque.
... hoc est enim corpus meum ...

Return to “High School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 11 guests